Ana? Main healer? NEVER

lmao no it won’t. Ana will still be considered a throw pick and Mercy will still be on every serious team.

1 Like

In what way does a direct nerf to Ana’s competition and a direct buff to herself not help her?

I did not say that she was going to be picked over Mercy anywhere. In fact, I straight up said that Mercy would still be the best healer.

It does serve to help Ana. Maybe not enough, but it only helps her.

She is nothing like Moira.

The buff to Ana and the nerf to Mercy, doesn’t address in the slightest why people play Mercy (or any other healer) over Ana. I outlined my argument to another poster a couple posts above. Barriers and matrix make it impossible for Ana to heal, and she can’t survive inside those effects the way Moira can.

1 Like

Holy… DUDE IM NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU!

Whether or not it actually addresses Ana or Mercy’s core issues, it is still a direct nerf to Mercy and a direct Buff to Ana. That only serves to make Ana better than she was yesterday. She still probably won’t see any more play than she did yesterday, but at least she is one small step closer to closing the gap.

I don’t see what you’re not understanding about my point here.

1 Like

They should have given her something like a watered down tactical visor ability ONLY to heal allies.

Lol, no. Defeats the purpose at that point.

1 Like

Ana’s healing is most effected by her survivability and LOS.

Ana can’t heal her team while defending herself, she can’t ignore an attacker either, after she defends herself she usually is bellow 200 or 100 hp so she has to waste the next grenade (because she usually has to use one while defending already), she already behind on healing, and the next attacker can easily kill her if she doesn’t waste the grenade. Then she’s stuck walking back without anyway to speed that walk back unless she lucky to have a Lucio that doesn’t walk ride back (because then she’s out of range). She doesn’t have a passive healing ability, she doesn’t have a defensive ult to get her out of a tight spot, she doesn’t have easy ccs or low cds, no mobility and low dps. Either she hits that combo or she wastes massive time defending which may or may not leave her alive and never with full hp.

She’s a long range healer but very few maps are accessible for her. Upward slopes are seriously annoying, every payload map is full of turns, every koth map has tons of walls and ceilings, long walks to high ground only to have to jump down to nano or see the other half of your team, and barriers that she can’t deal with at all.

She has the ability to be a main healer, but Bliz gives her every healer weakness and doesn’t understand why she’s struggling.

I’m guessing they’re nerfing her healing cuz it’s too much and it’s too consistent, OWL has recently been showing us that Mercy can solo heal triple tank

1 Like

I agree there is more about her character design that makes her struggle. Her lack of mobility, no self-heal passive etc… I still stand by my point as well. All in all, Ana is bad hero design.

I think it is back to core understanding why Mercy is popular. It wasn’t because of her insane amouts of heals. It was her mobility. Let say we have 5 dps runing in all directions on map. Worst scenario for any healer ever. Mercy can zip between them keeping everyone relativly healthy. Bonus being enemy have hard time focus her down.
Now look at Ana, she can shoot everyone from vantage point but cannot escape if enemy focus her.
Moira wont be effective either since her range is short and fade wont let her reach highground like GA does.
Sure after longish and boring battle Winston now will be able to finally kill target pocketed by Mercy but over all she still will be best support pick.

Ana didnt drop out of the meta because triple tank was no longer viable. She dropped out because her healing output was severely nerfed and Mercy’s healing output was increased. Aiming had nothing to do with it.

In my opinion, every main healer should be able to solo heal up to a point. Moira and Mercy each have this capability. Ana doesn’t. Means Ana needs a buff, while leaving the other healers alone.

2 Likes

Exactly. Ana can’t keep up with players running in all directions. When she scopes she becomes weaker momentarily because she has tunnel-vision.

The problem is Ana can’t be consistent enough to keep them up cuz of reloading, Moira runs on resource so she can’t maintain it forever either. Mercy has a lot of healing that is uninterruptible, I don’t think there’s a problem with that, that is her niche. But I think she was healing too much.

Personally, I don’t think this was the right nerf for her anyways. I think pairing the constant healing with rez is a bit too much, I would’ve preferred them changing rez in some way

Rez on a cooldown is what’s causing this sh*tstorm. But, hey, it’s not like everyone warned Blizzard this was a very likely outcome of the rework.

2 Likes

“aiming has nothing to do with it” Ana literally requires AIM TO HEAL YOU.

And hitting your targets is very easy.

Ana does 93 HPS because she shoots 1.25 shots per second so yea, she has always had more healing than Mercy. Even when I play Ana I get more healing than Mercy outside Valk, meaning that Ana’s kit does more healing than Mercy’s kit. Ana doesn’t have a healing ult so you can’t really compare the raw average healing between her and Mercy/Moira.

1 Like

Thanks for that math. (takes notes)