Ana is simple, mercy is complex

What about Moria, you damage and heal.
Zen? He’s easy,just put two orbs up and shoot.
Lucio? Pfft. Speed into/out of a fight, heal during. Amp it up if you get low.

2 Likes

Don’t you even dare start on my Zen.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree that mercy has complex decisions despite a simple kit - but you have definitely over reduced Ana. She also had complex decisions - a lot around managing cooldowns which mercy barely has.

6 Likes

18 Likes

Are they the priority target? Are they being shot at? Would 80hp/s after projectile travel/scope time save them? Should I just shoot whatever they’re shooting at? Do they have self heals? Are they on CD? Where’s the other healer, do they have ult? Does the Lucio have amp off CD?

Same as above+will the nade reach them in time? Do I expect to need it for an anti, duel, self heals, a more important ally, or an enemy transcendence in the next few seconds?

Will they survive the ult cast time? Is this the best use of the ult? What ults do we have? Where is the team positioned? Is a clutch save worth the resources? Can they utilize the nano? Are they prone to panic ulting? Will we need it for the next fight? Will the team have a better chance of winning if I nano someone else and let this teammate die?

How much time do I have; what are my CDs and the enemy CDs? Am I drawing a disproportionate amount of aggro that my team is capitalizing on? Can I straight up outduel the enemy? Are they already 130hp or less? Do I need to commit nade or sleep to doing so? Is it worth the risk to save them for something coming up? If I sleep can the team finish the kill? Do I have the time to do it myself? Is it better to get a nano or nade out and go down? Where’s the nearest health pack, and will it influence the duel? Can I hide out of LoS from that hitscan? Can I abuse my jank hitbox to make this flanker take forever on the kill? Am I at risk of getting booped? Does my team have the right heroes and cooldowns to effectively reach me and peel? Can they respond in time when I call for help? Is it worth making them stop what they’re doing? Where’s my other healer? What are their CDs? If I’m dueling, should I fire the nade slightly later to heal up and live a little longer, or do I throw it early to interrupt a heal, strip armor, or do maximum damage before dying? Is it worth the risk to try and splash both of us? What are their movement patterns like so I can correctly lead my projectiles? While this is happening, is it worth shooting at enemies that are low? If I’m being engaged by multiple targets, which do I sleep?

Should I even be healing right now? What’s my other support doing? Will my team benefit if I pressure that Pharah or confirm on that retreating Genji? Should I flank for an antinade or offensive sleep? Will my team be able to follow up or keep me safe? Do I need to hide from that riptire? Can an ally shoot it down or do I have to?

Every single one of Ana’s abilities has more nuance than GA, including telling your Zen where to sit for a return ride.

7 Likes

Mercy is also simple. The choices Mercy used to make has gradually been removed or dumbed down. Mercy players don’t really have many choices left to make because of how her abilities currently work. See my post below for further information (please expend it since it is more than one paragraph):

2 Likes

Not to mention half the mobility.

Strange how mercy players can’t keep a teammate up to win a 1v1 but I (a lucio player) can keep them up with just the unamped healing aura…You underestimate your own power.

2 Likes

fewer choices does not mean less complex.

mercy also has more choices for escape, not ana. so anas positioning is much more complex than mercy. Ana has combos you have to know, mercy doesn’t. ana needs to know how to read animations for sleeps, mercy doesn’t.

Ana is more complex than mercy by a long shot, you just don’t understand the kit well enough to know that.

3 Likes

You massively oversimplify Ana’s gameplay. If you do the same thing you just did to ana, but instead to mercy, you have a 2 step gameplay, Teammate took damage, HEAL THEM!!! Enemy too close? Fly awaaaaaaaay.

2 Likes

h ttps://ibb.co/nedRBV

I don’t agree with this. You have to decide whether to use anti-nade offensively or defensively (a lot of the time you can only choose one), you have to decide a defensive or offensive nanoboost…

Every time you shoot, you have to decide if your shot is more valuable as some healing or some damage. Granted, that’s not exactly a hard decision most of the time, but it’s there. Then there’s things like sleep dart priority etc…

2 Likes

Well if we’re talking about my Zen we might as well stop using left click…

This is because you also shoot the enemy while simultaneously healing the teammate. Mercy can not do this

I think Ana is far more complex. She already has far more options on what to do than Mercy does right off the bat with nade, sleep, and having a legitimate ult unlike Mercy. Her lack of mobility also makes positioning yourself a special chore all on its own.

Can people please just stop with the Ana vs Mercy crap already? This never-ending war never goes anywhere and just makes everyone involved look bad and ultimately just hurts both heroes in the end.

Does it really though? Ana got out with a significant buff and Mercy got out being garbage. Only ended up hurting one side.

And doesn’t that situation sound awfully familiar? That’s exactly what happened to Ana before and that’s what a huge amount of people are trying to make happen again, and knowing Blizzard, it will.

Do you people (and by you people, I mean both sets of mains here) seriously want to keep going in circles like this? Stop wasting all this time being petty towards each other and instead fight the real villain (Blizzard) in this situation.

No. I just want Mercy to not be complete garbage. I could care less if Ana is really strong or not. I don’t play her.

Yet posts like this one does nothing to help that. It actually makes people who are already angry more reasons to hate any thread about mercy.

It fuels the fire.

1 Like