Ana and Lucio need adjustments

It’s literally on the bottom are you actually looking at the stats? For all ranks averaged out Ana has 49.84% winrate. In each and every rank barring GM her winrate is dead last among support characters.

I don’t remember Mercy’s specific winrate numbers but she wasn’t last or near the bottom in winrate at the height of her meta.

No, it was lackluster after all of the sledgehammer nerfs it received. Outside of comboing with Genji ult it was bad and not a game winner when compared to all of the other support ultimates.

#cutLucio’sLegsOff…

I wouldn’t mind a healing nerf on Nanoboost down to a minimum of 150 - enough to heal the lowest HP pool in the game to full, guaranteed.

Lúcio is fine. If anything does get nerfed, I’d hope it’s his speed boost rather than his healing. Give him more incentive to be played as a healer rather than a speed boost at high levels and I’m fine with a small change.

I actually think that the two stacked auras provided by Lucio and Brigitte are part of the genesis behind GOATS, and that Ana/Moira just help enable it.
That said, if any changes happen to Ana, they’ll probably just reduce the healing on her ult down to 200 or 150, and possibly reduce her heal per shot to 70. I think they’ll do this second thing only if they nerf healing across most of the support roster, though.
I won’t be surprised if we see either a change to the way Brigitte and Lucio’s healing interacts, or just some sort of nerf to both of their auras.

1 Like

These silly nerf Ana posts are coming from a place of spite from people who are sore on the throat that Mercy is no longer #1 anymore.

It’s in keeping with their design for her…

She has no mobility and poor self healing. If you want to mitigate Ana either have D.Va or Winston focus her or any two dive heroes of your choice.

She’s front loaded to be a very good support but is out right terrible in the department of self defense — where she has to rely on others to peel for her.

If you want her gimped in some way then also be prepared to see her buffed elsewhere.

1 Like

It’s literally on the bottom are you actually looking at the stats? For all ranks averaged out Ana has 49.84% winrate. In each and every rank barring GM her winrate is dead last among support characters.

I’m not looking at all ranks aggregated, I’m looking at ranks above gold individually. Looing at all ranks aggregated is misleading since it includes silver and bronze where people really can’t play Ana well at all.

In each and every rank barring GM her winrate is dead last among support characters.

In lower ranks, people simply can’t get enough value out of her. In higher ranks, her pickrate drastically grows ergo the frequency of mirror matchups increases and reduces the winrate.

I don’t remember Mercy’s specific winrate numbers but she wasn’t last or near the bottom in winrate at the height of her meta.

Relatively no (in terms of order) because Ana was who had a sub 50% at most ranks back then. But, numerically, she was very close in high ranks to what Ana is right now.

No, it was lackluster after all of the sledgehammer nerfs it received. Outside of comboing with Genji ult it was bad and not a game winner when compared to all of the other support ultimates.

It’s not meant to be a game winner. That’s my whole point. Not with all the buffs Ana’s basic kit received. And especially not in a meta that was specifically designed to counter Ana (dive) + Mercy being incredibly OP later on.

Lucio does not need changes. He has had multiple nerfs since the last triple tank and adjustments to keep him in check. Universal casting nerf to ultimates, speed was nerfed, hack deletes him, etc etc.

He makes his comeback because of speed boost, but he’s not the reason for goats. favorable meta and a lot of factors, but as a standalone, he’s a perfectly balanced support, like zenyatta.

She can play at range, she also has an incredibly strong hitbox (probably the best in the game, especially when jumping) + she in fact does have a self-heal. But nothing of that prevents her from nanoing someone when she’s about to die. And she’s not defenceless. She can stall and hold her own vs any single flanker with proper positioning. There’s a reason why a whole meta was created specifically to counter Ana.

where she has to rely on others to peel for her.

Not necessarily. Simply playing near a health pack is sufficient. And if she hits the shots, she can easily win.

If you want her gimped in some way then also be prepared to see her buffed elsewhere.

Eh, no. That’s how a nerf works. You just nerf something to prevent a character from being overpowered. That’s literally my point, she is overpowered, mostly due to nano.

That’s right. You think.

She’s been debated over for more than a year.

She’s doomed to slow walk and doomed to only be able to heal herself for half her hp’s every 10 seconds.

Good luck with the dart. It’s designed to mostly miss ( on purpose ).

Her Ult affects but a single target.

If you can’t dive her then the fault is yours.

She’s doomed to slow walk and doomed to only be able to heal herself for half her hp’s every 10 seconds.

She’s the only support who has a burst heal on herself. And healing for half-hp is more than sufficient.

Good luck with the dart. It’s designed to mostly miss ( on purpose ).

Ehh, no. You just have to learn to aim it.

Her Ult affects but a single target.

Absolutely irrelevant

If you can’t dive her then the fault is yours.

Yes, I am sure that the fault is mine. Playing dive characters now is really a thing. Oh wait, it isn’t.

dont think so. It’s overtuneed. Nano is also broken too, too much hp that allo genji do whatever he wants.

So good she has near 15% pickrate on master. Next main healer after her - Mercy with 2%.
She’s most popular support starting from gold, why? Because good Ana isn’t countered by only winston or only d.va. They dive - they sleep, and if team is around - they die, if team isn’t around - it’s Ana’s fault.

1 Like

Just a question does an enemy ana nade stop the healing from nano

this might be a dumb question but I usually get killed or see the teammate die/run into enemy.

She’s meta because of Goats. Nerf Goats and she’s nerfed.

When dive is strong then it’ll be Zen and Mercy who’ll have the same complaints.

Whatever the meta is the corresponding support will be meta and the others will fade into obscurity until the meta favors them again.

As a stand-alone hero Ana was but worthless not long ago. The only difference between that hero and this is that nano heals it’s target.

If that’s nerfed then her healing throughout will drop to what it was before the buff that gave it to her. Before then Ana wasn’t played because Moira fit the role better. Before then her end of match average heals were roughly 7k.

Sure you can nerf nano and up her regular heals but then the complaint will likely shift to that.

The bottom line here is that so long as Goats is favorable Ana will be meta. If she’s nerfed then Moira will take her place. Once Goats is gone Ana as a tank healer will also fade just as fast for whatever support suits the bill best.

Shouldn’t Moira be better for GOATS?

Yes, it also stops primal rage from upping Winston’s hp.

1 Like

That’s a DEV question really.
Still, once the meta shifts it’ll be mute.
They’re already working to nerf Goats anyway.

First: what favors Ana more than other main healers?
Second: How do you nerf GOATS without nerfing it key part that suddenly went meta right after it got serious balance change (unlike rein who just got his shatter fixed).
Third: “Meta favored” was Doomfist. But it doesn’t stopped blizz from nerfing him to the ground. So why Ana is any different?

That’s not how rez works.

Rez - target is dead

Literally everything else - target is not dead

_https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xeJpnrWC4XWblEk/giphy.gif