An idea for Hanzo to bring back one shot ability

I’d say it’s a little more opportunistic than that.
Storm Arrows are used on squishies to attempt finishing kills on them, because that is first priority. However, if it is in front of you, you spam the tank with Storm Arrows if you have them. It’s an incredibly boring gameplay loop.

It would solve the issue because:
If we had one-shot, Storm Arrows would be used on tanks a lot. Reducing they’re count makes it more of a finishing tool on targets you either bodyshot or missed, higher HP DPS/Supports, as well as utilities such as Pylon or turrets.

It was too strong against tanks.

Considering their hitboxes it was doing way too much easy damage (it was one shoting orisa XD)

And if they tone down the dmg too much it would just be like landing a bodyshot on somebody anyways

Make his air dash a passive with no cooldown.
Increase his fire rate so he can fire arrows rapidly.
Increase range of lower powered arrows to always be max range.
Holding the draw increases attack power, like it currently does, but holding it for 2-3 seconds Maxes out the damage to become 1 shot capable on any 250 HP target of ot critically hits. This is a skill based weapon, its not supposed to be forgiving/easy to one shot.
Maybe let scatter return but make each arrow lose damage per bounce and not able to crit?

I don’t know, the devs are probably smoking some heavy substances,

Hanzo is a guy with a bow, since he’s Shimada blood he can wallclimb, has 2 special settings on his bow for Storm and Sonic arrow, and summons a dragon on his ult,

such identity loss, very dead without oneshots. Oh my oh my…

1 Like

Thr developers have no idea what any character’s identity is. They just pick and choose before they ruin them and refuse to admit that their horrible idea was bad. We just have to live with it.

1 Like

“the Orisa’s identity was always to throw a spear and spin it”

1 Like

scatter should be brought back for the sole purpose of deleting hog, mauga and orisa’s health pool

1 Like

Nobody ever cared about Orisa’s identity. She was a very boring hero to play from inception. I remember there being tons of clips of tank players complaining they had to play Orisa.

I unironically want his oneshot back for the sole reason that it’s easier to detect Hanzos that uses cheats.

Hells naw

And it’s not even how OP it could be (in particular against tanks)

It’s because something as stupid as this should never be allowed in the game:

2 Likes

that’s just straight up wrong, but believe whatever you want to believe

You misunderstand what hero identity is. What you mentioned are parts that make up his character as a whole. A hero’s identity is basically what makes them good, or feel good to play; the reason the hero is played and the reason Hanzo players mained him. Basically the characteristic(s) that defines the hero.

Sonic enabled his one-shot since they were very inconsistent due to the nature of projectiles. A very well designed Sniper ability for a projectile.

Storm Arrows is inconsequential to his identity, as it was created to give him a more consistent damage option that wasn’t Scatter. It wasn’t a Sniper ability and did not enable his one-shot. This is why Hanzo players would gladly throw away Storm Arrows if it meant getting one-shot back. He probably does need a damage option in the case of CQC, but it doesn’t need to be as strong as it is, or even be Storm Arrows for that matter.

A skilled bow-wielding assassin — that’s what he is/was meant to be. This is consistent with his bio. One-shots defined him as a hero. One-shot was in fact his identity.

nope, that’s what you made up,

identity has nothing to do with what makes the character good.

identity

/ʌɪˈdɛntɪti/

noun

noun: identity; plural noun: identities; noun: identity operation; plural noun: identity operations

the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.

“he knows the identity of the bombers”

the characteristics determining who or what a person or thing is.

“he wanted to develop a more distinctive Scottish Tory identity”

(of an object) serving to establish who the holder, owner, or wearer is by bearing their name and often other details such as a signature or photograph.

modifier noun: identity

you don’t need to oneshot in one hit to be assassin

When players refer to hero identity, we’re not referring to a dictionary. It’s merely a convenient label.

no that’s how you treat it, not players, you are not the voice of players

You are ridiculous. How about I change the terms then?

Don’t remove what makes a hero enjoyable.

Good enough?

yep, good

but don’t expect people agreeing on any changes,

one thing is to enjoy playing something, and another thing is enjoying playing against something

It’s a hero shooter. Hero, class, and play-style diversity is a good thing. It’s what defines the genre. You can’t expect everyone to like everything, or even the same things.

you put too much Shooter and not enough Hero in Hanzo if you give him oneshots,

him having oneshots isn’t balanced, it doesn’t matter how fun it can be, it’s not balanced,

he can spam his arrows, he can spam his projectiles,

spammable oneshot isn’t fun.

He doesn’t need to reload, he doesn’t have recoil, his gun doesn’t overheat,

and his E increases his fire rate.

Oneshots on Hanzo isn’t balanced, no matter if it’s only possible with a headshot.

There’s the difference of opinion. I believe it to be balanced. There are many options to deal with Hanzo, in both hero selection, and/or traditional counter-measures, such as positioning, movement, and pathing. Awareness has always been Hanzo’s greatest enemy. Most of the time, counters weren’t even needed.

Storm Arrows wasn’t balanced because it took away from his weaknesses as a sniper. Too much versatility. It sabotages the character.