An example of the sustain creep

The clip also shows the math behind the damage reduction. You can use the math and insert, let’s say Reaper’s primary fire and see how much his damage is lowered by it, a primary fire that’s meant to make him a tank buster.

1 Like

You mean to tell me that a tank that uses a cooldown don’t instantly die to a solo-reaper???

Sustain is high to counter high damage.
High damage exists so normal heroes can keep up with 1 shot heroes.

Nerf 1 shots

1 Like

I think the reason Orisa is going to be busted was that she has shieldbreak damage that spiked hard between shields being down and up - and she gets roadhog equivalent damage now that has a better effective range and is tankier than all other tank heroes - he damage numbers need a direct tweak because it’s straight broken with so much shield downtime.

They could address this with clip size nerfs - fire rate nerfs - spread nerfs - flat damage per round nerf. But leaving it as is, thats a mistake, it’s just too good when not being spammed into a shield.

How many people do you think it takes to kill an Orisa that has fortify up and is being healed? Actually how many people do you think it should take to kill and Orisa that has fortify up and is being healed?
You have the math available to you, make up a scenario and tell me what you think is fair.

Damage has never been high enough to justify the healing and sustain creep. Despite the damage power creep that has been happening since they tried to deal with GOATs damage still isn’t enough to keep up with the sustain and healing creep.

1 shots have more or less been the same since launch - they are not the problem. Tanks and Supports getting unecessarily buffed is the problem. High burst like Hanzo and Widow is currently the only thing somewhat available, nerf them and you might as well delete the damage category.

Of course it has - high damage is why barriers have always been mandatory. There’s never been a no-barrier meta. One of the reasons GOATS existed was 1 its power VS 1 shots.

Yeah, 1 shots have always been a problem - over time as the game went on, damage got higher to try and catch up with 1 shots (to balance). Healing went up to counter that. Damage CANT be reduced until 1 shots go down, because normal damage characters just wont be valuable.

2 Likes

The orisa is using 50% resistance boost, and his getting backed-up by her team, so I’d say 6
But a solo reaper could try to go for the supports that are near the orisa
You can’t just solo run on a tank that is backed up by her team because you are a “tank buster”
Also, Reaper can deal easily 280 damage per shot if headshotting an orisa, not an impossible feat by any mean, that means in 8 shots he would have done 2240 damage, enough to kill her if she is alone, and that’s not counting on the fact that fortify is a cooldown, not always active.

Dive only made use of Winstons barrier which wasn’t exactly the most powerful of them.

The main reason why GOATs existed was because it was the start of CC creep making Dive unplayable and thereby making Snipers stronger as most of their counters where becoming throwpicks.

The general damage role as a whole has never been too strong in terms of damage output to necessitate having 2 shields that can more or less only be burned through by Bastion and healing making anything else that’s not 1 shots obsolete.

Both heal and sustain creep don’t do anything against 1 shots.

I let you make up a scenario where you have to figure out what it takes to kill an Orisa with the armor buff and fortify up while being healed by a Moira using primary and healing orb - this is all you need to focus on.

Based on your calculation with Reaper it seems you have completely ignored the impact armor has especially when stacked with Fortify.

Orisa is a hero originally intended to be a bunker, she wants to keep you far away. The counterplay is to get close but with recent buffs she has become a brawler being able to move faster while shooting (has an insane clip size), reloading while deploying shield and now has shorter cooldown on an even better Fortify due to armor buff.

When is the opportune moment to kill Orisa? Is it only if the Orisa makes a player mistake and burns all her cooldowns for no reason and otherwise should not be able to die as the spearhead of her team?

Fortify (or nano honestly) shouldn’t stack with armor.
Consider this… Let’s say a Soldier shoots orisa.
She uses fortify, his damage goes from 20 to 10.
Then, his damage is further dropped to 5 due to her armor…
FIVE DAMAGE PER SHOT…

His dps gets decreased by a whopping 75%…

2 Likes

People here don’t understand math. They literally don’t get how strong fortify is with armor buff and how much damage is actually required to kill her if she’s also being healed.
Just all 6 focus fire her 4Head.

Im glad for at least one tank being able to fight against Reaper, Mei and Doom.

And that’s without taking healing into consideration…

If someone’s on Soldier, that team lost anyways :man_shrugging:

Because of the sustain, healing, CC and power creep. Thanks for supporting my point.

Because of the way the game has evolved over the years.
First, you have to take down the barriers.
Then, you have a small window of opportunity to capitalize on the barrier’s downtime. The orisa uses fortify, and your dps as soldier drops to 45 as his dps is reduced by 75% thanks to fortify and orisa’s armor stacking. Even a Mercy can outheal that.

And people are still confused why burst damage is highly favored.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the most enjoyable tanks :frowning:
At least Hog still exists i guess.

the thing is, I have been concerned that mei will keep Orisa meta. but my roommate (a masters Ana main) and I have been talking about this, and he really kinda convinced me.

we both know Moira is just broken on the live patch. But I do think I’ve been underestimating how much that nerf is going to change.

if Ana is the strongest support, Orisa will just leave the meta instantly, regardless of how strong she is. because support is the strongest class, always has been. and they’ve always determined teh meta. Bunker just isnt good with Ana.

if this moira nerf makes Ana the strongest support, then dive becomes meta overnight.

The real question left imo is how strong brig is in a world where Moira isnt so OP.

they also cant attack back in those abilities, and leave themselves completely vulnerable once they are gone. They also don’t have armor to mitigate when they can attack.

orisa still has halt and shields to damage mitigate as well after she uses shift.

on top of having fortify more often now? and healing power creep? He didn’t have the increased movement she has now when fortifying and shooting. You speak as if the game is in the same state as it was before. it isn’t.

seriously do yall not think before you post on the forums?

Survive? It’s tickling her.
And when she getting healing she literally don’t lose health from an ult.