An audit of 10 matches shows - how broken is competitive mode?

EDIT UPDATE: I guess blizzard was paying attention… since the latest update, codes from the previous cycle no longer work. I’ve recorded about 60 matches and I’m still going, but considering that only codes from the current cycle will be verifiable, I might throw the towel in.

To perform this audit, I came up with a simple categorization system using the available reply controls:

screenshot of replay history - i.imgur.com/M0PxW7H.png

• Pinned = Approved. no violations observed, and so the outcome is legitimate.
  • Unpinned = Failed. a violation was observed, and the note contains the violation.

Results of 11 Total Matches

• Total Matches Without Violations - 5
  • Total Matches With Smurf Violation - 4
  • Total Violations With Thrower Violation - 1
  • Total Violations With Leaver Violation - 1

Codes available for anyone who wants to analyze.

16 Likes

Are your violations counting only for your teams?

1 Like

No, anytime a ‘violation’ is observed.

so if a leaver, thrower, or smurf is observed, regardless of team or outcome, its flagged.

11 Likes

Do you actually know they’re a smurf or is it just someone is a low level?

3 Likes

35 is the generally accepted size of a sample in statistics. Play 25 more games.

3 Likes

This. I’ve seen too many people just blame their losses on smurfs simply because the other player was better :confused:

3 Likes

So it is not very usefull to anyone, because players as individuals are only on one side.

Also you should be specific who is throwing and on which team. Because without that, nobody will be checking all players on both teams.

1 Like

smurf was only counted if it’s obviously carrying the match, and I have a basic criteria for ‘smurf’. I have replay codes as well.

as you wish. working on it.

I have a basic criteria for smurf and its pretty easy to spot at low SR.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Yes obviously you can only be on one team at a time…

This is a simple experiment to identify what percentage of match outcomes are being manipulated.

If blizzard wants to give me more resources to perform better experimentation then great, but until then this is all I have time for.

11 Likes

Manipulated how? And by whom?

And you didnt answer my questions, who is the smurf/thrower in which team?

1 Like

wtf? by the activity in question - smurfs, throwers, or leavers. This shouldn’t be difficult.

And as I said, I haven’t tracked what team they were on. I guess I can add it. of the last 5 matches I can recall, the purported smurf was on the enemy team for 3 of them.

5 Likes

If you put 5% as much energy into improving your gameplay as you did with your “audit,” you wouldn’t be bronze.

Smurfs/Throwers/Leavers are not why you are bronze. You are.

4 Likes

if you put 5% as much energy into math as you do with being a shill, you would understand why your statement about bronze is factually and flat out wrong.

12 Likes

His statement is not wrong, he is actualy right.

3 Likes

then you suck at math too.

this isn’t a subjective observation. If 50% of your matches are dictated by game play violations, you have to be an actual idiot to argue the point.

7 Likes

You dont post violations for your team. As you said you post violations for both sides so how do you know 50% of your games had viloations? Also, you dont have to be toxic.

If your basic criteria involves account level, its wrong

1 Like

LOL, did you see his picture? He actualy erased all codes so we cant check the games .D

I put about as much effort into checking the “evidence” as OP did compiling it. Which is to say none.

2 Likes

I am actualy disapointed, I thought this topic could be actualy something interesting if he did counting only for his team, but he is reflecting both teams which doesnt really say much. And he didnt provide any codes too, didnt even said who was smurfinf or who was violations so there is no way to check that.

Btw I started doing something similar in my new topic .)

because it makes no freakin difference WHAT SIDE of the match they’re on. The game is ruined, period. wtf are you on?

Noted, thanks. None of the outcomes have changed since your feedback was applied.

why don’t you both do me the favor then and GTFO of the thread?

I’m sorry, but thats just idiotic. a throw is a throw for everyone. a leaver is a leaver for everyone. a smurf is a smurf for everyone.

5 Likes