Amount of threads about Mercy is getting out of hand

The one that’s now at 20385 posts, with the forum counter unable to display higher than 19.5k, and unpinned for two months now, because mass flags accrued from the merged threads kept it locked down tight, and thus from fulfilling its advertised purpose.

Oof, worse than I thought.

But hey, look. All that feedback was well implemented right guys?

1 Like

If they’re not asking for thoughts, they’re staying their own. And besides, it’s still about Overwatch? And none of the threads are the same other than containing the same users videos. So, not spam :joy:

Tinfoil hat time boys

That’s because one, Aria isn’t exactly Stylosa levels big. And everyone kinda agrees that the like big big streamers just do whatever gets them the most views? I’ve never watched any of his videos, not from memory anyway, but I’m pretty sure if they’re not using his videos it’s for a pretty darn good reason. And before you ask, I’ve only watched one of Arias videos. Sorry Aria :joy: I’m super forgetful

1 Like

That’s the thing. ‘Big names’ supposedly have a big number of viewers who also play the game. Where are they in the forums and how come the videos don’t get posted here in similar way ? One reason why.

How come a small YouTube channel has its videos exposed in threads every two days for the past weeks ? Like, there must be some kind of discord group or some sort for this, no absolute way.

1 Like
  • Mercy is a popular hero
  • Megathreads were a thing for nearly a year for Mercy feedback with almost no engagement from the OW team
  • Mercy feedback was confined to ignored megathreads for nearly a year
  • 48%~ win rate and negligible ‘on fire’ stat
  • Doesn’t feel potentially impactful short of resurrecting the right person at the right time or going Battle Mercy during Valkyrie (isn’t she meant to be a pacifist?)

Most of the threads I come across, short of the few complaining about Mercy feedback threads currently spamming the forum, appear to be unique and continue to all remain unacknowledged by the OW team. The team only has themselves to blame with the way this forum is right now, and Mercy discussions won’t stop until something is done about the hero in a more satisfactory way overall. Right now Ana is essentially a must pick but most players seem fine with her being like that unlike Mercy. Essentially they’ve traded places.

On a final note, you aren’t forum staff so it’s not for you to decide what discussions must stop. Furthermore you aren’t able to dictate forum policy. This thread in itself is actually spam as it’s not relevant to Overwatch discussion but instead is:

• Discussing other discussions on the forum (against the code of conduct)
  • Discussing forum policy (where this forum is meant for Overwatch discussion)

Some genuine discussions about Mercy also seem to get hijacked by a few who deliberately derail threads (anti-Mercy), eventually causing them to be locked.

There’s also the option of ‘muting’ threads which don’t interest you, it only takes a moment and hides the thread from your threads list.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not really feedback, as any and all Mercy threads were dumped in there, troll posts and all. It’s literal garbage. Blizz should drop the charade and outright delete the three Mercy Megathreads. They contain more s%^& than feedback posts.

I don’t know who initially made it, but the community-created 4th Mercy megathread is a much better thing, even though it’s more like General Mercy Discussion than actual feedback. But, hey, at least it’s civilized.

1 Like

Im not sure if you missed my sarcasm because at this point that megathread and ‘feedback’ doesnt really matter.

But apparently Mercy mains voices arent heard! The AUDACITY! They have a thread with 20k posts and they think theyre feedback doesnt matter?! They got a heal nerf! Thats what they asked right?! RIGHT?!

/s

1 Like

His viewers are probably the ones making all the troll posts and derailing threads. Kidding. Kinda.
Seriously though, people that watch his videos like that are probably like “This guys super popular, he’s probably gonna ring up Jeffy on his phone tonight and tell him what he needs to change, no big deal” and ¯_(ツ)_/¯ it off, then go play the actual game or Fortnite or something

Because a lot of people found Aria from the forums, actually. Me included. So that means a good bit of her subscribers/followers etc. Are gonna be active forum goers. More so than Stylosa, who’s famous for… playing the game? I guess? Is he on a league team? That’s probably why

2 Likes

I’m out of likes, again, so have a :blue_heart:

And you still decided to make this thread. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

So, basically, what you’re saying is… It will never stop?

h ttps://youtu.be/HlSns_Cpivw

1 Like

Easiest flag of my life.

3 Likes

Yes because whether he made this post or not wouldn’t change the fact that every day is mercy day here on this forum.

“I’m tired of Mercy posts”
makes Mercy post

:clap::clap::clap:

#HeroesNeverStop

So then… His post was pointless. So again,

And you still decided to make this thread?

2 Likes

again There’s a mega thread specifically for it. every thread posted lately is the same post over and over.
I NEVER said they cant give feedback. stop trying to put words in my mouth.
thats all youre doing. come back when you have an actual argument.

I didnt 1000s of threads for ana before all her buffs. I played her as is. I only put some stuff in large threads that already existed

Showing frustration with the GENERAL forum being turned into the Mercy forum isn’t useless. He/She is expressing their thoughts like you do on your favorite hero in 50 posts a day here.

No, it’s not actually. Every post is different. If you actually link and prove that they’re the same post over and over, I’d be glad to change my views