AMA responses Feb 21

Uninstalling after 6 more battlepass levels then. Will get what I paid for and come back when things are better.

20charactersrequired

5 Likes

“The devs are ignoring Mercy players because they won’t answer Mercy questions!”
Devs answer a Mercy question
“The devs are ignoring Mercy players because I don’t like that answer!”

You’re so funny dude.

9 Likes

On the bright side, today I learned this game is led by a dev team that only cares about the competitive angle, and makes decisions purely based on win rate and pick rate.

Fun and hero identity is not important, as long as players statistically keep the win rate of a hero around 50%. I guess they want us to reinstall and intentionally play worse? Terrible design philosophy.

5 Likes

Unfortunate response on Mercy.
I don’t need to get used to the new timing, I had 0 deaths first try post patch, it just translates to an extra second devoid of engagement. On a hero who isn’t focusing super hard on hitting the right shots at all times it just makes the gameplay loop overall less engaging.

I’m hopeful that with this response in mind more dissatisfied Mercy players consider dropping her for a while. Stats are obviously what they care about, impact those and maybe they’ll reconsider.
If not I really hope s4’s Support offers an addictive loop or I’m stuck waiting in limbo hell of the game being neither miserable nor enjoyable.

10 Likes

Hey craig, quick question. Isn’t this your job? This seems like the sort of thing a community manager should do. Seems like you pop in to make one comment every 2 weeks and then dip. WHy is it on users to do this?

@OWCavalry on twitter is also compiling these and even making custom graphics for each answer.

Why is it that this random non-affiliated twitter account communicates better, more clearly, more often, more concisely, and in a more organized manner in one location than the OW team and its paid employees whose entire job is communication management?

11 Likes

Are you having difficulty reading? They said they want to see more use out of the changes before changing it further

2 Likes

Glad that’s finally been officially put to bed.

1 Like

They think Junkrats gameplay is rewarding right now lmao. Says all I need to know of ehat to expect in the future.

Kehehehe

My heart just broke… :sob:

I can’t take this disappointment.

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT SHE DOESNT FEEL GOOD, FEELS CLUNKY, AND OVERALL LESS FUN TO PLAY?!

What numbers are going to record that!!!

As a regular player and a mercy main, 2 weeks Blizzard is plenty of time for me to discover this change isn’t it!

I’m so heckin ticked off.

I didn’t expect them to revert the full GA nerf, but I had hope they’d give some back and tweak the healing numbers because 67.5 is too strong.

Contemplating quitting mercy since numbers is all the care about. Should of done the childish thing in the first place.

9 Likes

i dont think its his job per say…and should be pointed out that he was often the person doing this type of thing BEFORE he got a job working for them…so the previous person wasnt exactly doing it either…

4 Likes

Because they would close the forums tomorrow if they could. They find them useless and ignore them as much as possible. Frankly, I’m surprised anyone over there still has them bookmarked.

2 Likes

And there’s the benefit of having snuck in Wyoming into Blizzard.

1 Like

It literally is all about the combo though. No-one is complaining about a sole Phara unless you’re a complete bot. When there is a sole Phara I can deal with her on Mei of all heroes most of the time and if I can’t, switching to a hero like Ashe or Cree certainly will deal with her.
The second Mercy comes into the equation and she’s 2 shotting everyone and their grandma while never dying then she becomes insanely oppressive. I’m sure in higher rank player where every DPS hero is a cracked Widow it’s fine, but where the majority of the playerbase is it’s far from fine. This has gotten even worse with the recent Mercy changes.

I think the whole “Reddit technical issues” can be attributed to this latest hiccup. At the very least they pinned this thread and thanked Baja. Plus AndyB elaborated a bit more on the answering process.

Overall I think they did good given the circumstances! (And I’m no stranger to being critical of how communication is handled) These are all just my opinions btw.

If it was, do you not think he would do it? Or do you actually think the greedy ABK execs would happily pay people to not do their jobs?

1 Like

Ok so the devs hate mercy players. Got it.

It’s really really sad that the devs believe this is fair

1 Like

I mean from their stats it’s pretty clear that her performance did not change much and yet they are insistent on keeping this less fun version of her.

It’s almost like mercy always relied on good positioning despite her high mobility….

2 Likes

Welp that’s depressing

They acknowledged leaverwatch TWICE, even quickplay-specific leavers

and said nothing about trying to fix it or implement deserter timeout penalties…

5 Likes

Is in a fantasy of is own, let him be!:joy::joy::joy:

So basically, josh’s answers in a nutshell :

• there’s no issues, you only feel that way cuz you’re a silly human, you dummy.
3 Likes