Am I Actually Bronze 5?

After 8 adjustment updates in competitive this season I have managed to remain at Bronze 5. I have a 40% win rate after 99 games, I realize wins matter more in gaining skill ranks, however I am confused if my actual skill level is the lowest of the low. I personally see myself as a high Silver.

I would like anyone to review my replays and be honest if my mechanics and gamesense is truly Bronze 5. If you do have the time to see all 4 replays, thank you.

I main Genji although all 4 games I play as Tracer.

Win: AKGZT3
Lose: 6K9M6W
Win: 1VK3HJ
Lose: 1VV477

1 Like

I don’t know for myself, either

Im plat in support, gold in bronze, and so far with a 65% win rate and similar mechanics to my other roles–i seem to be stuck at Bronze 5 in DPS.

Assuming it’s because rank decay from previous seasons and how terribad I use to be is why im still sitting there.

1 Like

Yeah I think your aim could use a little work. I actually think you had pretty decent map awareness (knowing where health packs are / high ground routes etc) which alone I think merits getting out of B5.

I would say try learning to be more flexible though. There are a lot of low learning curve heros that would get LOTS more value than tracer depending what is being played. Not that your tracer was bad though.

Try learning the easy ones like reaper, soldier, mei. All of those have very different uses and counters pretty much everything and they all 3 have really good escape / survivability skills. Others to think about and also pretty easy: sym, bastion, mcree, torb (these guys just have less survivability/movement IMO)

Back to your gameplay though, aside from your map awareness I’ll agree that you also seemed to understand your hero and their abilties and again I think even that alone should merit enough skill to get out of the lowest rank…

I guess just keep at it man. 100 games FEELS like a lot but in the grand scheme of things it’s actually not that much in terms of advancing your rank. If you have won 40% of your games then you’re only like 10 games in the hole right now and no matter how far down you are to the bottom in bronze 5 there’s no way bronze 4 is more than like 15-20 wins away.

You will experience a win streak soon I’m sure because you have all the basic mechanics of the game. You understand the objectives / the map lay out / have basic hero understanding so you’re not like hitting the wrong key. I notice your team mates all seem to be in various states of confusing like bronze 5 is known for.

You do got a lot of work ahead of you still but sure, I’ll agree you could be silver you just gotta keep playing and get that win streak.

I can’t get out. I don’t know what happened. I’ve never been stuck in B5 before. I’m on support. What’s going on?

1 Like

Thanks man, actually gave me the motivation to keep going and just simply get better. 99 games isn’t anything in the grand scheme of things.

2 Likes

I think something is off. Before It’d just take me 2 evaluations to get out of B5. I honestly don’t understand what’s going on.

I tried that myself. Seems to be impossible. Any idea what’s going on? I’ve only gotten better. Are lots of good players stuck in B5 mixed with really bad players? Or is it the matchmaking? I’m really confused, because I got out of B5 with ease before. Did we lose a lot of players? Something is different. It’s ruining the game for me, because there is no progress anymore.

bonhomme I just took a peek at your career profile. You have played 366 total games and you won 172 of them.

Your win rate is 46%.

I remember checking you a few weeks ago back when you only had about 100-140ish games and you were more like 51-55% win rate which is probably why you did actually make it to bronze 2 for a bit there. You had a lucky win streak. It appears though that after 200 to 250 more games played though you have sunk back down with a negative win rate :frowning:

Dunno Bonhomme. You might just be B5

I don’t understand because I’ve never been stuck in B5 before. I’ve only gotten better. I don’t know why I’m losing more now than before. Also, are you factoring in DPS, Tank, and Open Queue with that 46%? I didn’t do well in those. I don’t think I ever had a negative win rate this season on support.

It was 87% win rate to B2. If I win a lot it’s luck, but if I don’t it’s all my fault and I belong in B5? Here is the last game I lost: A6FZR6 . I’m B5? It only bugs me that I don’t progress. I lose morale. There seems to be no hope for me if I’m still B5. I also don’t understand why I’m not progressing. There is no point in playing for me it seems.

2 Likes

well when you had that really high win streak of 87% as you say… it would have had to have been like early this season before I met you, probably when you maybe had less than 50 games under your belt at the game then cuz nothing else would explain how you dropped to only about 50% by the time i met you…

a nice win streak over your first dozen or 2 games can just be lucky… doing over 300 games with a now 45% win rate… that’s tough to explain away as not deserving to be there :frowning:
Bonhomme IDK what to say… Ill check your replay tho

EDIT: watched some replay… your healing full HP targets, aim ALL over the place it really looks like you have hardly any awareness of what’s going on around you a lot. You’re wasting abilities like on bap you used your shift to what I think would be heal your team but you did that AFTER they were all already full HP… you used imortality field in a fit of panic cuz you saw critical HP but you threw it at an obstacle… you shoot at nothing a lot and don’t notice what’s going on around you.

I’m not an OW expert man, I’m not gonna be mean and say you deserve the lowest rank man but this is not the game play I expect from some one in silver +

Sorry dude

The other DPS, ennemies and ally, are close to your level. There’s no point to look at your WR when the game put you in every game against them. Your Hanzo is a decent one too.

They are probably not B5 DPSes too. You can’t make any difference. You will stay around a 45-55% WR and you will not climb. Them too.

The MM at least works as intended. The ranked system it’s another story. They wanted to hide it at the begining. Don’t look at your rank, something is off.

I ended S2 and S3 in B2. It doesn’t matter. I’m throwing in the towel. I’m not good at the game.

I just started playing Bap out of frustration with not going anywhere with anyone. I’m also getting bored. We only lost because the tank threw(he said he quit and stood there). Probably why I panicked. I think that I could do a lot better with him with practice, but it’s not worth it. I just stay in B5. last season it was easy to stay at b2.

I had 14k heals, 33 assists, 5k damage, 6 deaths, and 24 eliminations. This is not good relative to the players in this game?

1 Like

bonhomme you didn’t lose because of your tank or anyone else…

I don’t want to sound mean Bonhomme but the truth is your aim was awful, your cool down usage was almost useless and a constant waste, and half of the time you seemed like you didn’t know what was going on around you.

Stats literally do not mean anything and are hardly a helpful metric to go by. I literally have won games as a DPS player where I had less than 5 elims in a game because I created space and played the objective which is not shown in the stats…

I’ve also won games as support by almost never healing except to top off team mates after a fight was already over because instead I focused on DPSing to win us the fights. I’ve ended games where I won, but healed less than 3k dmg.

You need to focus on what’s going on in the game and figure out what’s actually important.

Bap can carry wins probably more than any other support hero. Matter of fact I think there is a legitimate world record for the fastest unranked to GM bap only in literally less than 2 hours and his strategy was to DPS only (and heal only when doing damage was literally impossible).

If stats meant a thing at all then that player should have never made it out of bronze cuz he consistently had the lowest heals in the lobby.

I got no more advice for ya dude. There is nothing wrong with being bronze 5. If your win rate is still negative after over 300 games I really think you just need to accept where you’re at and just work on self improvement.

You can’t keep blaming “the tank” or other people… you’re in bronze 5 so they are playing like bronze 5 players. Your aim was bad, your cool down usage was bad, positioning was bad… but so was everyone else in the lobby because its bronze 5. Worry about you and you will climb when you get better.

When I was in the bronze 5 range back in like 2017 I would try to identify my best team mate and play around what ever they were doing. Try that maybe?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m a silver+ Bap. I’m a Brig main. She’s still at 55%. I’m just bored of B5. Still Plat 5 on the other account. I only play her and Kiriko. I can actually aim with Kiriko from lots of practice.

I can. He said, “I quit” and threw the game. He sat back. Yeah, I’m not great or anything, but I don’t deserve these players on my team.

It hasn’t ever been negative on support. You counted role queue, tank, dps, and support altogether. I play all the modes.

That didn’t work. I ended the last two seasons on B2 and wasn’t in B5 for long. I’m bored of the game now, so it’s too late.

How would I know? I only died 6 times. That was the lowest in the game.

There is when you were in higher ranks before. I still win games on my plat 5 account btw. I just play Brig and kiriko though.

bonhomme you’re bronze 5. If you don’t want advice then don’t ask >.>

GL

1 Like

Sorry, I just don’t understand the advice. I think I’ll just quit. There is no PVE now anyway. Nothing for me to do in this game.

2 Likes

If you say so.

I literally had a game yesterday where our tank literally left the game half way through and we still won as a 4v5 because we didn’t give up and worked together.

A diamond level game. If we had lost I wouldn’t blame the tank… although that’s the easy thing to say and do. Instead we all just dialed in and played our hardest.

Yeah, I’ve had that happen. I’m still in B5 though. I’m just really confused, because I peaked in silver 5 in S2 with Kiriko and ended S3 in B2 with Lucio/Brig. Then I have a Plat 5 account. Probably been lucky. Stats look on par and not getting complaints, but I can’t carry there. I feel like I should be in silver, tbh. That doesn’t matter so much. Improvement in rank does, however. How am I worse than previous seasons? It makes no sense. That’s what’s bothering me. None of this makes sense and makes it feel hopeless. I’m not at 46% on support. I’m only slightly over 50%. I can tell that by the slow increase in %. I’m not winning enough games for meaningful progression though.

I watched a few minutes of your replays and there are some serious noticeable problems.

1. Your sensivity and dpi is off. Your screen is jittery. Usually that means you have a high edpi (sens*dpi). You need a lower one to be more accurate in your shots.

2. You don’t know how to play Tracer. You blink right into the enemy team. Luckily most of your enemies can’t aim or have good reaction time. If they did you’d be killed immediately like every fight. In higher ranks this will start to be a real issue. You sometimes don’t fight in her optimal range. You don’t know who to target. You don’t know if Tracer is lethal or just a distraction to the enemy.

You know if Tracer is lethal or a distraction based on enemy team comp. Say if the enemy has a Widow, Ashe, Zen, and Ana. Then your lethal and you should engage after your team engages. If your enemy has a Moira, Kiriko, Reaper, and Cassidy, then your just a distraction and should engage before your team engages while making sure your team is close. If you have pulse bomb ready, and if there's an enemy who can't be saved if the pulse bomb sticks on them, then your lethal.

3. You don’t understand the basics of FPS. Your mechanical skill is really bad.

There are probably more problems but those that are the ones that I quickly noticed. I suggest to not play Tracer since she requires decently good mechanical skill to play. Play easier characters first then build to the more difficult ones. Play characters like S76, Junkrat, and Pharah. Fix your sensitivity and dpi. Watch videos on FPS basic mechanical skills. Then after working on those mechanical skills watch and read guides on how to play a character you want to play and then practice playing that character. You’ll eventually climb this way.

tbh you are probably not bronze 5. To be sure make another account and see if you can stay in silver there.

Of course not. But the game only cares about wins and losses now. Even if it takes performance into account, it would only be from the games you’ve won, not from ones you’ve lost. So if you’re losing too many, the matchmaker will think you’re not doing very well.

It doesn’t help that you’re playing one of the hardest DPS hero, tracer. You have to be really good at tracer in order to justify not playing other DPS heroes that can get value more easily.

If you’re going to be one tricking tracer without swapping to anything else, I think you’re going to have to start playing like a gold player in order to get out of bronze. Right now, you’re playing like a low to mid silver player, at best (on tracer at least).

If you were on other DPS heroes, like reaper/junkrat/pharah/torbjorn, the climb would be much easier.

1 Like