Alternative MMR Reset Solution/ Also Solve ELO Hell

I can’t tell you how disappointed I am to hear that OW2 won’t do a full MMR reset. I was seriously thinking about passing on OW2 since nothing is really changing competitively.

But after giving it some thought, and reading different people’s forums post, the solution is really simple and will keep each season fresh and exciting.

Keep all the current playlist that include MMR. The only change I suggest, add one competitive playlist that resets each season. That would solve so many issues.

The perception of Elo Hell would be solved. The need to make multiple accounts would be drastically reduced. That would give people a “fresh” start each season to climb.

New players not wanting to be thrown into the deep side of the pool of competitive play. Can play the original playlist that includes previous MMR stats.

Adding this one additional playlist to the game would solve so many issues and provides a solution for both new and old players.

Dividing the playerbase will increase queue times.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point. But Blizzard is banking on a huge player jump by going free to play.

I’m hoping by adding this even for one season to test out. It will prove the concept is good and become the more popular game mode overall. Currently the competitive season is very repetitive, this would add something “fresh” each season, besides skins.

thinking about it, it would be kinda cool if they did this with limited time competitive “blitz” seasons with the goal of starting fresh and trying to get the highest rating possible in a brief period of time

the full reset wouldn’t matter since it’s a side mode, and a limited time would prevent it from having too nasty of an effect on the overall competitive population

2 Likes