Alright, it's time for a roadmap

At this point, this is not a “well this would be cool”. We need a roadmap for overwatch. I think a lot of people in this community are tired of playing guessing games. Tired of guessing when events will drop, tired of guessing when our next experimental is…

Newsflash guys, your events are not a surprise anymore. They are quite literally your only form of content that this game receives anymore. Many of your biggest supporters are getting fed up with not being told anything. Would it be that hard to tell us when the next few events and patches are dropping?

We just want to know that SOMETHING is happening. A roadmap is a great way of telling your players what they have to look forward to. You need to inform your players better. Because honestly, the way you guys act now, keeping us in the dark about literally everything, is an easy way to upset your consumers.

I understand overwatch 2 is your top priority, but at least give us SOME hope by telling us what’s going on.

5 Likes

Devs: “We are currently working on ow2”

3 Likes

It has almost been 4 years. If they haven’t started doing roadmaps by now, they aren’t going to.

2 Likes

I mean, I agree. they’ve been doing this since launch except now there’s no indication of event drops.

1 Like

A game that we know nothing about. We don’t know when it’s coming out. All we know is that it has a lot of stuff that will increase the health of the game.

“Were working on this thing and have no idea when you’ll be getting it” is not a solution.

In fact, that’s all blizzard has done for years. Every time we’ve been questioning blizzard, their exact response is “were working on something really cool. You’ll see it eventually.”

2 Likes

I’d love if they release a roadmap for this year but it just showed when all of the events are and BlizzCon

1 Like

That was the joke

2 Likes

I know, I know. That’s why I edited in that last part.

1 Like

Honestly after hearing them say at blizzcon they were going to go dark and put their heads down while they work on OW2 I am surprised we have heard as much as we have out of them.

You don’t need a roadmap. It’s easy to see what they’ve done in the past and apply it to whats coming.

May- early June: Anniversary event
late July-August: Summer Games. Usually a hero would go here too, but they’ve already confirmed no new heroes for OW1.
September: Maybe a new map or mini skin event.
October-early November: Halloween
mid December-Early January: Winter Wonderland
February: Lunar New Year

Just follow with what they’ve done the previous 3 years.

3 Likes

I hope we get at least some sort of news at anniversary other than new skins

1 Like

You can figure that out yourself just by looking at previous years - dates for events don’t change by much.

1 Like

Other than the new patch with priority que, probably not.

that was supposed to be the joke

1 Like

Overwatch 2 isn’t a separate game it’s a 2.0 update to your current client

The only thing you CAN buy is story and thats optional

As for a roadmap they don’t wanna set a date this would limit ghe amount of updates they can add to the game and im assuming they are revamping events (Jeff talked at blizzcon 2019 about how the Halloween event creator really wanted to redo the event but they had to focus on ow2 I assume the update will revamp events in a big way) also need explained why the events aren’t different is because they’ve been working om this OW2 update since 2017 so once ow2 is out they’ll have complete freedom to change events and they are making story content updating new looks making cinematics writing story making skins for new heroes making new heroes and everything all this takes time

Seasonal events aremt supposed to be a surprise nor is new content Jeff clearly stated last year at blizzcon that they wanna focus on the OW2 update

1 Like