Already Being Flamed For Picking Mercy

Yeah this is how it felt to play Moira in OW1

Sorry y’all going through that and I hope it doesn’t get as bad as it was when playing Moira on OW1. Some of the things I’ve seen said to some Moira players is outright terrifying.

And there were times people were offering payment for information on someone… and nothing was ever done about it, I still have a bunch of screenshots from those multiple incidents too because I worried for the people involved

6 Likes

I play Mei for the first time in OW2. Boy the toxicity was unimaginable

1 Like

i think theres a song about that

Well, it would be nice if people played to Mercy’s strengths, and didn’t just implant themselves in the Tank’s rear like a discount Moira.

Oh i expect it to increase due to the lack of damage output from her…

I warned early on that her gimped damage is impossible for her kit to make up for…

2 Likes

And she is very bad in GM and the top players are very vocal about it. Telling me I don’t play in OWL as if that changes the fact that she’s bad in GM too lmao.

Me when I can use Google:

lul

I would love if she could shoot out damage shots from her staff by hitting the R key, so you dont have to swap to pistol

8 Likes

I feel the same with widow, Genji, Hanzo, Zenyata and Brig picks…

I’ve had success with echo playing with doomfist and mercy, some low tier picks with enough synergy

Mercy needs a buff on her HPS and raise her max life. Those are a must. Mercy is a candy to the new flankers.
Also is a VERY bad balance that the rest of healer heal the same, or more, than her while most of them can also dona lot of damage. Since Mercy is easy to kill and focus on heal most of the time, she should heal better. Is balance

Also an option may be change her buff damage bean into something like Symmetra 1.0 beam and do damage (and erase her pistol finally xD)
With the current crazy damage, movility and deathmach , the time you need to change from the staff to the pistol is enough to get you killed 5 times by a flanker xD

4 Likes

Honestly she does die way faster now. The new GA changes and nerf to her regen have made her way more squishy to dive

8 Likes

Pre ow2 she was fine. I reached GM and even T500 with her

Bruh what? In my games Mercy is a must pick, she can fly everywhere now and the rez is just broken irreplaceble ability, i feel unconfident whenever i dont have Mercy in the team.

I was masters in ow1, what rank are you at? What is the best duo healers in comp now in your opinion? Iam very curious of your opinion because games with Mercy always feels better and easier.

1 Like

In OW2 I find her useless. And this is coming from a hardcore mercy main. I am running baptista and kiriko hard on this game now.

3 Likes

I suspect that it’ll be rough for quite a while. The support LoS issues in OW2 hurt Mercy the most and it looks like the devs would rather create new heroes that bypass the problem instead of actually dealing with it.

4 Likes

i wouldnt be surprised if the toxicness over it is because of owl which has ruined this game but kotick doesnt seem to care as hes as worthless at they are

1 Like

I’m not surprised.
I’ve only been playing on PS4, and probably aound Plat as that’s historically my rank abouts, and I’ve been feeling like I’m doing more and getting less value at the same time.

Rez is especially egregious. I usually get more off in a match, but more are trades now. I may bring back my Genji, but my Kiriko died during the cast type of trades, which usually means unless the rezzed ally has a partial or full teamwipe in their pocket the fight hasn’t been levered back in my favor.

GA is weird. I feel like the meter has some rng type thing as I’m certain I keep going different distances/heights despite GAing for the same distance. Look to go has been useless for me, I’ve tried and only bonked into walls.
I really miss being able to split the difference with SJ/Slingshot. Get some elevation and distance, new GA feels too binary, either height or distance, and sometimes I need that bit of both.

Valk is… I dunno. Too long? Not oomph enough? Something.

I hope they do more than fiddle with her GA soon though.

1 Like

Mercy was never going to work the minute they upset the on-release balance of support characters with characters like Moira and Ana. Raw healing output combined with targeted res just isn’t that useful and places way too much responsibility on Mercy’s team rather than herself.

And because res is itself so powerful there’s probably no fixing Mercy without radically restructuring her character.

1 Like

I hope they do radically restructure her!

Perhaps get rid of the weapon switching and make the R ability similar to Hanzo storm arrows but with a glock?

2 Likes

Pretty much how I feel most matches too. I never say anything, but the thoughts are there.

3 Likes