Allow us to know if a profile is private

without having to click on it. I don’t mind private profiles. I am actually in favor of them. But for the love of God please stop wasting my time if I want to check a profile. Let me know if it’s private in advance no matter where I’m at. In game, social screen after game, leader board, seriously just do something with the name so I can visually know that profile is private or not.

14 Likes

Bumping this like a dresser drawer closed with my dumptruck.

Yeah, I know it’s risky piloting a large and sophisticated construction vehicle inside a bedroom, but I like to flex for the silverfish eating my grimoire collection.

7 Likes

Designers, it’s been years. Why is there not a way to tell if someone’s profile is private by hovering over their name?

In general, why haven’t you made the game more navigable? Why can’t I just press 1 button to go to the home menu instead of pressing escape 4x? Why in this new event can’t I see other people’s buffs by just pressing tab? Why was the competitive drive progress only viewable while out of queue? Did you even test these changes?

3 Likes

does it make money?
no? then it won’t ever happen lol.
wdym devs should work on something they can’t sell?

better let them make some recolor skins.

1 Like

Make it so someone’s most played heroes show up when you hover over their name,like back in the day. If it doesn’t show up,you know it’s private - easy.

2 Likes

I like this idea. But honestly I’d take anything. Make the name a different font or boldness. Make it a different color. Anything…

But actually I do really like your suggestion. I’m just tired of it actually leaving the screen I’m on only to be met with the profile being private. It’s such a waste of time.

1 Like

Blizz has too many recolored skins to do to waste time making their game better! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

this:
-a lock icon aside of the profile pic for private
-a “multiplayer icon” aside too, if the person is in a stack
-the rank, but we can dream

2 Likes

This has always been an issue but since the OW team doesn’t play their own game, they don’t have a way to know.

It is truly a crime they got rid of the check to the top 5 heroes just scrolling across players names. Should’ve kept it but having a locked symbol for private profile.