ALERT: Blizzard is monitoring a DDoS Attack (Disconnections possible)

Hey everyone, Blizzard Customer Service is currently monitoring a DDoS Attack aimed at their network providers. This may cause disconnections from the Overwatch Game Client and the inability to log onto BattleNet or Overwatch.

Please avoid Competitive Play at this time as penalties from disconnections/leaving games cannot be reversed.

5 Likes

Curious… not sure why the Twitter link won’t preload appropriately…

1 Like

Oh gosh oh frick everyone panic

Panicking tends to be counter-productive. I recommend going into meditation until you reach transcendence.

4 Likes

No wonder, i’ve been getting lag spikes all night. Thankfully I didnt played comp.

The launcher itself just gave me this warning, after it told me it be 10 minutes just to load the launcher… not even the game.

I took a chance before I knew this and didnt get any lag. Now im defo not playing comp

What do you mean all night? (it’s barely 7 PM Eastern Time) What region are you in? The tweet comes from Blizzard Customer Service of North America, if you are European, your issues may be different.

Maybe EU. Like me,

1 Like

experience tra- AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 Like

Gee, i wonder if it has anything to do with the Activision-Blizzard tweet posted earlier today

Pinning a ulting zen into a environmetal pit

Im eu. But I rarely get any lag spikes when i’ve been playing the game.

Today only has been different. Unless it’s the servers fault.

Surprising number of companies are coming out with those support tweets lately. Some what funny given Blizzards stance on voicing political options in the past however.

Is that why people have been having server issues? Dang.

Right now Blizzard CS EU is not reporting any recent issues (not to say there are not any). After checking their forums, they seem pretty quiet at the moment).