Aim Assist BUGGED! Console

Okay… since season one when aim technique was Expo ramp, and then came dule zone, and then linear ramp… since the beginning the aim on console has felt super unnatural to me compared to call of duty. I grew up on cod since cod 4.

Anyways since season one on Overwatch I have experimented with every technique blizzard has offered so far, knowing full well what each option does and how it affects aiming on console…

But today I think I have finally figured out what feels so off about console aiming in Overwatch compared to COD.

The Aim Assist is extremely buggy. I experimented in practice range for hours trying to figure it out, and even in games so I would have a control.

What happens is take widow maker, and zoom in. Now under advanced settings if you turn aim assist strength to 0 and aim assist ease in to 0 you would think it’s OFF… no cursor slowing down… NOPE it acts as if aim assist is at 100… so I turned aim assist window to 0 as well… Nope still aim assist…

So I turn aim assist up to 50 and aim assist ease in to 100 same thing…

now put your scope fairly quick so you can notice the difference. Goto a part of the map where there are no bots or enemies and move the joystick left/right a bunch of times… then goto where the bots or enemies are … and look scoped in left/right over and over…

You will notice that sometimes aim assist will trigger really hard regardless of aim assist setting you put even if every thing including window size is set to 0 under advanced…

And to boot here’s where the big bug is!.. scope in left/right/left/right over and over you’ll notice sometimes aim assist triggers like its at 100 strength and sometimes it won’t trigger at all regardless if the enemy bots are directly in scope.

So what happens is… your cursor will be really fast for example then catch(aim assist ) really hard or not soo hard but still… and then it will go really fast again that really feels unnatural and screws up aim.

Also I noticed X - Y is directly connected to scope in… so if sense is 45 - 45 and your scope is say 30 that’s kinda slow… but if you turn x/y to 100-100 and leave scope in at 30 it will be a LOT faster. This is a problem should not be this way.

Also… aim assist strength / aim ease is basically is the same thing… if you have aim assist strength to 80 - and aim assist ease in to 100 you should almost have no “glue”

The same should be if you were to just turn aim assist strength to say 10 would be the same feel!

Aim smoothing is just another version of turning or making your aim slower… so why not just turn x/y down?

Aim ease only really affect your vertical motion in my opinion so why not just turn vertical down? Same thing!

All these options … and nothing feels natural to aiming in Overwatch…

But biggest thing for me is the Aim Assist bug how it randomly turns on and off even when everything is set to ZERO!

PLEASE FIX BLIZZARD for console!!

1 Like

Completely agree bugged system in general aiming feels crap and the whole game feels so slow its so annoying that you can turn 5 times as fast and have better aim assist in cod than a game that you need fast turning and since theres basically no ads aim assist being good is a necesity

Does anyone even read this part of the forum? No replies after 3 hours… I really hope Blizzard improves the aim assist algorithm so its not so shotty and inconsistent.