After some consideration, Ball nerf is not that bad

You’re trying to backpedal hard. Of course I’m not going to listen to it.

Except you repeatedly said you don’t want to make patches that help lower players because it doesn’t incentivize them to get better.

But sure. Peace.

1 Like

As well as many other things that aren’t related to cheese stall starts that got gutted along with spin2win

The biggest part about this change is the fact that there’s no indication that your grapple time is up. If your going to keep this change then his grapple cool down needs to be a lot quicker.

1 Like

Would be nice if the cooldown is so short, that after some airtime, you can regrapple.
This could create some nice rollouts.

Ball’s nerf isn’t that bad IMO.

It’s the fact that now, booping Cole doesn’t matter b/c he can just roll out of it and it’s like you didn’t do anything to him lol

Whatever you say bud. If you want to have a productive conversation you’re more than welcome to join, all you have to do is choose to instead of going on and on about anything besides actually talking about what to do with Ball…

I’ve suggested what I think would be a good change that nerfs Spin2win without effecting much else. If you want to join a productive conversation feel free to. I’ll link the thread at the bottom of this comment. If you want to keep going around and around senselessly then you’re going to be alone in doing that. I hope you make the right decision :slight_smile:

I think this change I suggested below should nerf Spin2win without effecting too much else. Let me know what you think :+1:

the only thing i don’t get is that forms mainly want to balance for lower ranks because balancing for the top is bad and once they do a nerf to help low rank players they get mad then say why are u balancing for low rank players that don’t know how to hit a spinning ball

It is ironic isn’t it :laughing:

The elitism has come out in droves! Pretty wild.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I already established that I don’t see a problem with Spin2Win and would be against it being nerfed.

I’m just pointing out how you’ve repeatedly contradicted yourself, and you don’t seem to be willing to accept that. What you think about it, and what you consider the “right decision” (wtf is that cringe :roll_eyes:) is your business.

1 Like

Why do people say this, as if everybody on the forum has one unified opinion? Some people on the forums like balancing for low ranks, some don’t.

Take Poytheon, for example, who has been traditionally against these kind of changes, but for some reason reversed their opinion here.

1 Like

Ah, must have missed that. I disagree. I think Spin2win is a problem for very low rank ranks/casual players and shouldn’t be possible to do infinitely. It’s probably not fun going against a cheese strat like Spin2win if you’re not skilled enough to deal with it without having to swap off who you want to play and play a direct counter like Sombra instead

Whatever you’re trying to point out is irrelevant to discussing the Ball change. Like I said, if you want to have a productive conversation we can. Just have to stay on topic

Balancing should prioritize high level play while considering low ranks, which I’ve explained several times, and have come up with a solution that makes this recent Ball change pretty much solely help low ranks not have to deal with a cheese strategy while not hurting high ranks.

1 Like

If only we had some counter against spin2win.
Like a flashbang, a siringe, a charge, an endothermic blaster, an ice wall, a bear trap, a shield bash, a rocket punch, a chain hook, a big rock, a hack device or sentry turrets.

Since there are none, I guess we should just gut prehooking.

Now since low elo have a hard time locating the payload, I propose we should implement a teleportation button to spawn directly on it.

2 Likes

Kay.

I disagree. Pointing out the contradiction in your logic is pretty relevant to the topic.

You’ve also said that patches shouldn’t make things easier for low ranks.

So :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The thing is, it’s only you who thinks that you can’t balance top down & still make balance changes that help low ranks & don’t hurt high ranks. I believe you can. The ball change I’ve suggested is exactly that, it nerfs spin2win in low ranks without hurting high ranks. They are not mutually exclusive things and it’s not a contradiction when you can do both…

It’s just like if the opposite was true and the game was hypothetically balanced bottom-up… You could still make balance changes that help high ranks that don’t hurt low ranks… There’s no rule saying you can’t, it’s only you suggesting you can’t. I’m not sure why you feel like it has to be one or the other, it doesn’t. Every rank can and should be considered when making balance changes.

If you want to keep going in circles instead of progressing the conversation & talking about Ball power to you… I’m good :laughing: I’ve already given my suggestion.

people (plural in case not already obvious) have differing opinions? shocker!

1 Like

With this new grapple nerf their justification for the boop distance nerf goes away. They should revert it.

3 Likes

No, you were very clear that you were against patches that helped low rank players not have to improve. You’ve said this multiple times, on multiple topics. You have been very assertive that you think that if players want to defeat something cheap or annoying, they need to improve their fundamental skills to get better.

Except concerning your personal biases.

You keep saying that, but for some reason, you keep replying. Feel free to ignore me whenever you like.

1 Like

Although this does affect higher tier tech capabilities but he still useable though

^ This

The nerf on it’s own isn’t the worst thing to happen, but considering it’s another nerf on top of all the other ones WB has been given, it’s bad

1 Like

Why nerf what isn’t OP and why create problems that don’t quite exist?

It’s like a makework project. Just look busy.
AFK timer countdown better wasd yourself into the next paycheck.