After my 7 wins I got demoted 2 full ranks

I am seeing a lot of these posts similar to the issue I encountered of people getting de-ranked 1 to 3 placements within the same rank itself. I haven’t seen one on here about the game changing rank from plat 2, (went from plat 3 to plat 2 the previous adjustment, and plat 3 to plat 3 previous to that one) After this recent 7 game adjustment it de-ranked me to silver 5, can you explain this blizzard? I’m not a plat player either but this mmr system is kind of a meme at this point. It puts ACTUAL bronze players in games with plat1/diamond players (on a regular basis). There’s a huge problem with whatever mmr system you have in place.

I just played 8 games, won 7 and some of them were long matches with high stats for everyone. After the readjustment it went from silver 5 back to plat 3. What is going on? Also, why am I continually getting the same rank after having several win streaks with high stat games. I look at my game history page and then view stats of the map I played and it shows 0’s 0kills, 0 deaths etc. It will have playtime of heroes at 236% and other ridiculous numbers with games that last 15+ sometimes… Does it take the stats from that? I need someone blue to shed some insight into this.

edit/update - I’ve won the majority of my previous 20 or so games with zero rank movement.

Why can’t we have an actual rank system again with actual SR. This new method feels EXTREMELY unrewarding.

5 Likes

This post is kind of old but a similar thing happened to me. Im silver 5. Highest I ever got was gold 5. But then, when I queued with my friend (same rank) i only played diamond lobbies till i ranked down to where is was (silver 5). Today after a winning streak I got demoted from bronze 1 to bronze 2. Yes I was silver 5 but in the adjustment screen it said I deranked (after 5 wins) to bronze 2. That makes absolutly no sense.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

This happend to me I went from Silver 3 down to Brone 5 i ranked back up to Silver 5 and it put me down to Bronze 5. IM SUPPOSED TO BE GOLD 3-5

2 Likes

This just happened to me again today. Ranked up after 5 wins 2 losses, and I lost a full rank. This is the second time in 2 days this has happened.

1 Like

Can also confirm:

I was originally Plat 4 Support, then after winning the games for the placement I was getting demoted more and more. I then went down to Gold 1, then to gold 3, then to gold 4, then 5, then silver 3???

Thing is I was winning, I even outperformed my other support every game. I wasn’t just healbotting either, I was putting in damage when needed and then back to healing.

1 Like

I was silver 3 and had streaks of 5-2 and 5-3 but I went 5-5 once on a bad day and I’m bronze 1 now