After a 600 SR Losing Streak I Quit the Game

It’s easy to detect though. If someone’s MMR is much higher than bronze and they stay bronze the system should be able to flag it. I don’t think smurfing is necessarily a problem but it has gotten out of hand in OW. And not all smurfs are in bronze to stomp. Some of them are sick of the toxicity at their higher ranks or there are plat smurfs who are sick of GM Smurfs in their rank. And I know a few who just love to help out bronze players, but there’s just as many vicious toxic smurfs as friendly ones.

1 Like

let them “help” people in a qp game not in comp. Coach in arcade and qp all you want. Keep your diamond plus carry hero play out of the 1600s cause it’s wrecking the ladder.

Silver has always had skill variance. This season has taken it to a whole new level.

1 Like

You should only lose 1000 SR naturally if

You got mad boosted

You were over ranked the first time you did placements (this is common)

Or you insist on learning a new hero and are dead weight. Sorry if your mcree is rocking a 35 percent accuracy and your KDR is 1.5-1 its time to swap cause you are mad throwing as far as I am concerned. Learn new heroes in qp and arcade to get the basics down first.

1000 SR is a MASSIVe skill difference.

1 Like

I literally can’t and don’t believe you, sorry.

1 Like

i agree with you but on detecting its alil harder cuz you can just buy a new act and play like crap and enter comp and play like crap and your mmr is way low so how do you tell there have one or two good games then do it again and play like crap and system be like ok that was luck games nothing here.

I agree with you which is why I’m being transparent. There’s a reason I don’t play my main anymore. I dropped to plat and that rank is a total mess.

@Sincable. This is very true, which is why there needs to be soft resets of MMR as well. It gets cemented in too quickly. And but also vast skill variance from game to game can be detected as well. Not sure how lucky it is to feed on doomfist then suddenly have 70% accuracy on widow xD

1 Like

on a soft rest its hard cuz then like you said some games are bronze and masters on one team and the other can be diamonds and gold or diamonds and masters vs silvers and golds.then here comes the game is trash comp is even more broken etc.

That sounds more like hard reset, which frankly the game might need at this point. It is throwerwatch at this point and the ladder is far from accurate.

yea and even then soft or hard people will still find a way to get back to bronze or wherever they were and then nothing has changed i think thats why they also dont do that.

Well to add some backstory to it.

I started out at bronze-silver borderline, got some luck streak and decent matches so i reached up to 1960. I was playing there for a good 2 weaks going with the usual 1win, 1lose circle what identifies that you are stuck in your rank because you cant improve but not bad enough to fall down.
After that suddenly i was hit by a lose streak what hasnt ended till i reached 900 sr.

Even if you call it skill fluctuation, this is still absurd and i had no intentions to get ranked even lower than i was at my first season in 2016 in the middle of a season in 2018.

Pretty much… But Blizzard doesn’t even discuss it or even explain why they don’t want to do it… Their communication with their playerbase was reduced to: Here are our new events and skins, these are the balance and PTR changes and a rare developer update every quarter. But it’s just that… updates there’s no discussion anymore.

i was wondering about the trios lately. lost like 12 games in a row because i got matched to them…

Everything Blizzard has ever said about matchmaking is linked in the references section of the opening post. It’s really extensive.

They used to be pretty active here, but unfortunately this forum in particular has become too immature and would rather participate in Reddit’s Overwatch communities.

Reddit, the unofficial online cesspool as opposed to the official one.

2 Likes

600 points is small-time. We’ve all quit multiple times. Overwatch is a coin-flip game where half of the time, the games are great and there’s nothing like it, and the other side of the coin… Well, y’know.

1 Like

At this point I go in expecting to lose lol. There is to comp in this game anymore, it’s just another COD and all they can do is release one hero and one map at a time while changing meta. BORING. Don’t rely on SR anymore. It doesn’t do justice. Just play as if you are playing COD. Lol

This is such a good analogy for Blizzard’s treatment of comp in general.

Play cheap heroes you’ll gain your SR back in no time. Hanzo, Widow, Mei, Sombra. Get good at them and you’ll tilt the other teams into oblivion. I gained 800sr back by playing Moira alone because people have too much pride and don’t want to switch to D.va. Won 15 games in a row. First loss was to a comp with d.va. Play cheap win SR EZ game EZ life.

my boy, you’ve felt nothing. I’ve gone through a drop double that with what I can guarantee you are equally horrifying matches. Not one win. Not one good match. I know where you’re at, take a break, get back at it when you’re ready. I went from mid masters to almost gold, it happens sometimes. I get it.

Id subscribe to that!