Admit Role Queue was wrong move

Blizzard please admit that the role queue was a bad idea. The dps queue timers were bad. Tank queue timers are going to be bad. Its time you did away with the “holy trinity” in an FPS and made it play what ever the hell you wanna play. At least for QP…

42 Likes

If queue times continue to be terrible in OW2 they’re going to have to admit it. If not their game won’t stand a chance of attracting and retaining new players.

16 Likes

All they have to do is make support worth playing for mid rank players.
I guess we will just have bad queue times then.

Here is the kicker, I don’t think it HAS to be the case, it is just a hard problem to fix, and Blizzard didn’t seem interested in doing so.

Well up until they started making a LOT more support heroes, so that is obviously a start :slight_smile:

4 Likes

5v5 kind of kills open queue, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

27 Likes

Idk, it feels more necessary than ever imo. If OQ was anything to go by, more than one super tank felt horrible to play if you weren’t one of the super tanks.

3 Likes

Blizzard will almost never admit they’re wrong about something.

It took them years of repeated mistakes in the wrong direction + millions of players leaving for them to slightly admit they were mistaken in the direction they took WoW in. And again - after MILLIONS of players left.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for them to realize / admit they fumbled the ball with this game.

13 Likes

There are open queue options. If you don’t like role queue, pick open.

61 Likes

Well when the people stop complaining about queue timers and blizzard stops stuffing their game because of the queue timers… then i will stop complaining about role queue.

4 Likes

“Enforce Role” from custom matches was great. You could swap ingame, etc. For the DPS, first come, first served.

They just decided to separate everything.

1 Like

Complain all you want. There is an option for you to play open queue; and others to play role queue. Everyone can play what they like.

22 Likes

You say that… But here is a little tid bit for you. I hope you can make sense of it.

More people play QP than they do OQ. Not because they want to play QP but because if they were to play OQ there would be a longer wait because people are afraid to join the queue because it will take too long. Therefore no-one plays OQ…

But they FORCED us into this… After 2 years of OQ and the game being a better state, THEY FORCED us into this… At least to a poll to see what people wanted

4 Likes

Open queue has fast queues. Shorter than role queue outside of tanks. People would rather wait for better games.

35 Likes

When OWL dies and the game goes pure clown-fest casual you might see a return to OQ.

1 Like

You arent wrong OWL needs to stop. Its a masssive reason for the game and the bad state its in

6 Likes

Actually they did, but it seems person responsible for dealing with it in past was thinking that paying for playing role you dont want to play would work.
I mean we get free lootbox, coins and priority pass for it, that was their fix, make people feel like playing was worth it because making experience worth it was out of question.

1 Like

Blizzard’s favorite thing to do is to kill their games lol.

1 Like

Yeah, ok.

I think new heroes will help more, but I think actually trying to fix the interactions will help more than that.

But it is a hard problem to fix.

Role queue, gameplay wise, is so much better than open queue. The queue times do suck though, and honestly I would prefer a balanced 5v5 open queue. Maybe we should just get open queue but with a 1 tank limit

3 Likes

Open Queue is still in the game and I dont know about you but it sucks 50% of the time. There was a reason it was placed in the arcade. I dont want to go back into 1 tank and 1 support and 4 DPS.

Especially with 5v5 it makes no sense anymore. Enjoy your arcade mode but let it stay in the arcade.

19 Likes

Forced 222 was the wrong move, Role Queue is fine.
If they simply made that work only on LFG and let solo players just fill “Flex” slots, that would have been fine. However that would have taken them way way way more work into the MM rather than just forcing 222 and forgetting that factor.

2 Likes