Adios, uninstalled

Played since OW1 beta and I’m officially done. This game is nearly pure aggravation at this point and I have not only better, more enriching and pleasurable things I can be doing with my time, but better games to play with that free time instead of this dumpster fire.

Here’s what will actually get me to return and test the waters again:

1- A system that will likely need to implement AI to be able to truly gauge your performance during a match per hero.

2- Using said system, each player is given +/- rank score at the end of the game based on their own performance with a mild bonus or demerit based on whether their team won or lost, but 90% of the score given will be based on YOUR performance on the hero. So yes even if you lose the game you can still and should still get positive score depending on how well YOU performed and not get screwed over just because four other people or one intentional thrower caused you a loss. No more getting carried or getting dinged because the rest of your team were either way better than you or worse than you.

3 - An actual reasonable and working match maker based on this system which can create TRULY balanced matches among the teams instead of the game matching you with potatoes. No more steamrolls either way.

Until then, those who are sticking around have my sympathies. Good luck. And good luck to Blizz devs, you’ll need it.

8 Likes

this will never, ever, happen. Look how many seasons deep we are, and just overall the entirety of overwatch. If basic , common-sense, ethical matchmaking isn’t added by now (or years ago), then it won’t ever be. The fact it’s people out here that defend it just makes me think they don’t play competitive and/or solo in this game.

if anyone wants to know how bad the MM truly is - solo play tank (& only tank) for a few days.

3 Likes

I thought this patch was the beginning of the end of OW2 but to be honest, this game failed as soon as Blizzard broke all of the promises they made. It’s such a shame. It use to be a fun game and now they have a bunch of knobs in control.

1 Like

I’m about to do the same. Games are supposed to be fun and there’s nothing left that’s fun about this game. Is sucks because I love all the mechanics, but the Matchmaker is so horrible you get maybe 1 quality game out of 100.

2 Likes

Not defending the state of the game, but the changes you suggest sound like they would remove any incentive to use teamwork or play for objectives (and try to win) for people trying to rank up. It sounds like what you really want is for them to bring back competitive deathmatch and watch your rank go up because you got a lot of kills.

Nah, this statement is used as a crutch for nay sayers. The fact of the game, If the enemy team dies , then the objective is easy to achieve aka stand on point or payload. The ONLY times this is not the case is C9 , if my team is on point and have the most objective time : Objective kills … 95% percent of the time we win. I never had a game in any elo where destroying the enemy team didn’t equal a win….If the enemy team is dead how can they take objective

PS If I kill 3 of the enemy team n die but the other 4 on my team can’t kill 2 to finish the fight then they don’t belong at that given rank period. Stats show these weaknesses that “teamwork” covers up. …. Yeah I could have not went 3v1 n won but They shouldn’t lose a 2v4 if they hit shots.

1 Like

Took em 40 seasons to add more avoid slots after constant claim that “more than 3 avoids is IMPOSSIBLE”

I dont know what theyre doing other than watching harddrives spin and adjusting damage and cooldown values by 1 and 2 every few months

1 Like

Only reason i keep the game installed is to play scrims with my team and to get into Faceit tournaments.

If the former didn’t exist, this game would be uninstalled several seasons ago, really…

Matchmakers need to return to their roots, no use of algorithms that clearly don’t work. Ladders worked for years like this: Player enters competitive ladder, they are placed on a team with identical rank and against identical rank, NO MMR (MMR uses BROKEN calculations to create an estimate of skill and messes EVERYTHING up, this is the key differentiator, NO MMR), when you win your rank goes up, when you lose it does down. Nothing else, it should do NOTHING else. No arranging teams based on MMR or individual performance, no modifiers, no special treatment for new accounts, no special queues for people who are detected as boosting, no gateway matches, no fake win streaks and loss streaks (which is basically the algorithms incorrectly identifying boosters). We need a second competitive option called LEGACY MATCHMAKING which works like this.

This of course will only work if they put in efforts to eliminate smurfing and multiple accounts, which is why it will never happen, they want players to create multiple accounts because it falsely inflates their engagement numbers. Also, why would the devs ever do this since it would put themselves out of a job seeing how they don’t need the data science and bloated programming anymore.

2 Likes

It seems like you don’t understand how the game works…

I think we need to create a “Departure” section on the forum already.

1 Like

Your reading comprehension is stunted from failure to thrive. I suggest you have a seat at the little guys table kid. You want to buy an account? I have 3 right now, pre ranked… you can choose from Masters 2 GM3 or a shiny GM1 …a game or two from Champ……Prices start at 130 for the M2. Includes some skins and OW1 play history. SMS account transfer so you can keep the phone number and transfer the blizz auth to your name. The M2 doesn’t have name change available but the other 2 do. LMK we also do custom accounts ranked to the division you request. Boosting available too :wink:

Some forum users here are white knights and pretty sure they gettin paid to even out all the negativity here. They gonna gaslight you. 100%

I just want them to rehire all the community support staff they obviously fired

Why would I buy a low lvl account? :slight_smile:

We definitely need a ranking system that takes individual performance into account, but understand that that type of system could lead to you losing SR even when you win.

Also, it’s not going to happen. If it doesn’t directly increase revenue (i.e. isn’t a new skin or seasonal game mode), the business leadership at blizz/ms aren’t going to invest dev time into it. They’ve already made this clear by abandoning story mode and continuing to release broken heroes so that players will come back and (hopefully) buy the new BP and cosmetics.

1 Like

see you in 2 weeks my friend

1 Like

damn if blizzard got jerbear to quit…

good luck my friend <3

Team play wins games, not good looking individual stats.

And all it takes is one player out of 10 that will cause that number to go up and down, if throwing intentionally, just playing bad/ect

and that no one uses voice, most people ignore even the pings, theres no teamwork unless people are in actual groups which the mass majority of the playerbase plays solo, and there are alot of players mainly in the metal ranks where this is a problem, not to say the matchmaker isnt a problem at making balanced matches also

The balance has always been terrible because you have not only smurfs to deal with, derankers, and players who are hard stuck in low ranks essentially because the problem mentioned above because they system thinks that where the player should stay because it ignores individual skill and only cares about if the other 9 players in the match played the game in the way they were supposed to