Add team comp advantage indicator

yeah theres too much to having a good team comp vs a bad team comp. Like the player needs a lot of information to understand it, and there wouldn’t be enough in their face at the start of the game.

On top of that, the devs dont know everything, like the game is really complicated and 90% of the stuff known about comp interactions is based on how the community perceives it, and uses it. I agree that they need to make a larger effort into encouraging people to learn and understand team comp building, but the feature that you are talking about will be insignificant.

He just wants an excuse to blame someone else for his loss. “You didnt choose the right hero even the game says so.”

1 Like

Well this way it’s Blizzard telling you not “another angry random solo” So there’s much more authority there. Not to mention if you’re say silver, your picks and teammates picks are only going to be at a silver level. This system would teach all those players to pick at a GM level. And the extra great thing is that there’s 0 skill needed to switch hero’s, even a bronze pleb can do it.

1 Like

Oh boy the “oh he’s just raging because he lost one match” people. Looks like your all crawling out of your cave and just because he doesn’t agree with you, oh he’s just salty about one loss. And even if he’s venting by giving a good idea why is that so bad?

Authority doesn’t mean anything to people who are Full R**
You can’t fix Full R**

The tiers where people understand team compositions, they change.

Just picking at a GM level for silvers is just wrong. GM’s have different skill sets, and can pull of things that silvers cannot. Silvers should pick what is optimal for Silver play.

I wasn’t talking about who on the team that sentence was reffering to understanding the picks blizzard tells you to make.

1 Like

Are you sure? Because even if you make a suggestion to help fix the feelings of unfairness because you lost with a bad team composition you’re totally blaming it on everyone else. How dare you mention an idea that could fix the game

Nobody understands team comps this is what I’m saying it’s a problem even in GM. Whether it’s by ignorance or pride or selfishness it’s a problem in every rank. So this system would allow blizzard to give those players a little elbow nudge they might actually listen to.

I understand team comps, I can’t be the only one. I am not GM.

The problem is not “people don’t understand team comps”, sure some don’t.
The problems is “I am better at DPS than that dude I don’t know, why should I switch” (just an example), the player base as a whole is dumb and selfish.

If you play with a 6 stack this is not a problem.
The problem is you are playing with randoms that don’t know you , more importantly don’t trust you. There are no successful teams where there is no Trust.

These are all true, but how do you fix trust in a team orriented game? Way I see it you can only fix the things you can fix and this is definitely one of them. And like I said the best thing about it is anobody can do it.

As the community learns and gets better at the game it may even improve relations between players, because the players now understand how to work around other players through better understanding of the game.

I think that’s called game-sense.

Blizzard already gave you something that fixes your problem that “anybody” can use.

I feel like they should have to make missions based on enemy comp. If you pick the mission hero and kill the mission target with it, you get extra exp or something.

Only then the ppl will stop trying to throw all the time.

That only fixes the game for people with friends. Nobody uses it anymore and even when people did the team comps weren’t any better. The whole point isn’t to make the game better for me, it’s to make the game better period.

People with friends don’t use LFG, they use their friend’s list. You use LFG to find new friends.

It’s not the tool’s problem that someone uses it incorrectly. LFG isn’t going to magically give you the “ideal” comp, the host has to put in work to filter the players that agree to the host’s ideals. Any group that just lets anyone join is no different than solo queue.

Forcing/strongly encouraging a meta isn’t going to make the game better, especially when people will use it as a way to point blame at each other through appealing to authority.

People already point blame at eachother so it’s no different with the system. The difference being you have the system so there’s opportunity to learn.

It is different because this creates another way for people to blame each other with added authority “from” Blizzard.

@Warbossjon

I appreciate you are look for ways to make the game better, I truly do.

But the problem is you are looking for software enforcement to educate the playerbase, and I have never seen that work.
People should want to learn how to get better on their own.

Comp in my mind is a failure at every level because it forces random people to work together and there is no weed out for bad selfish players.
This is a team game, it should be team based ranked play.

That aside. How can you teach someone that ha no interest in learning?

You trick them into learning through fun. That’s literally all videogames. It’s work to be good at them you just don’t notice cause it’s fun. People get frustrated the most by things they don’t understand. That’s why the playerbase gets more and more chill the higher you climb. The average human IQ is only 90 and what this game demands you do is so much. So alot of the game is locked behind an “IQ wall” And it would be much better for Blizzard (A company that caters to arguably most broad audience) to make it more accessible for everyone. This system gives them that chance. Without it they have none. They’ve proven they have none. The game has been out 3 years and people still rage about the same things having over 1000 hours played. They need to be taught eloquently.

I get where you are coming from and I would love that.
I try to teach every player I meet in a nice way, if they are willing to learn.
A lot of my friends list are really just random people that played with me once or twice and want to learn the team game.

But I think there are a lot of people in this game that would rather say “EZ” or the like and be toxic towards others who they beat even once, no interest in improving the overall community. This is not an issue with this game alone, so hard to blame OW for it.

But very honestly I think in other games this kind of knowledge transfer happens through guilds/clans/teams, where this game stresses solo ranked play, which makes no sense.