Add Backfill to Comp

My last post had someone comment about how backfill would solve a lot of the issues with leavers and I agree having backfill would be nice because it doesn’t feel like the game is over if someone leaves mid-match.

2 Likes

Backfill in any way would not work because (outside of the fact that devs have said several times it won’t happen, even recently) it would increase queue times or make the play experience worse for one of two reasons really.

1. Either the backfill manages to “instantly” fill the missing spot, but say it has to pull from the already depleted tank queue, suddenly the game that needed that person to play tank to exist has to wait another 10 minutes of another appropriate tank to fill the spot, potentially even the same one if it’s a slow day.

2. Or let’s say the backfilling game just waits for someone new to queue up who fits what it wants for the game. That will never be instant even for damage. At best everyone in the game will be waiting 2-3 minutes for a damage player or worse they’ll be sitting on pause for 20 minutes as the game tries to find a tank or worse two tanks.

3 Likes

Would you be okay with joining an already in progress 0-2? I wouldn’t.

1 Like

No, it would be better to just take the L and move on.

No one would like if if the team you’re fighting started to win after they got someone to backfill and carry them.

1 Like

No, stop asking there’s a 50-50 chance of it happening and it’s been a problem for 3 years. Deal with it and queue next game

1 Like

I’ve been advocating for the addition of backfill to Competitive for quite a while now!

It really is unconscionable that Blizzard allow a team to be at a disadvantage with 1 or more players leaving in what’s supposed to be a fair and balanced match, especially when there’s an alternative already in game in other modes.

If they truly wanted to maintain that fairness and balance they’d add backfill to Competitive.

1 Like

That’s why backfill for Competitive would need to be an opt in system.

No, I won’t stop asking until it’s implemented.

It’s the only real solution for leavers in Competitive, and it would also help reduce queue times.

1 Like