Activision Patent to Manipulate Matchmaking

MMR has unacceptable behavioral consequences. It oppressive tendency angers the player and expects them to deal with it. It creates ticking rage bombs that are significantly more like to have violent outburst and significantly more likely to participate in extreme acts of violence like public shootings

2 Likes

Cool. Those patents had nothing to do with overwatches MMR at that time.

1 Like

thats only what they will admit publicly. But a strong indication of the more sinister things there doing privately.

No. Because the patents were for manipulating who you were against to expose you to monetization… which at the time had no link to comp.

I am not sure of whatever weird edgy thing you feel like spouting in every thread today (I read a bit of your activity) but please try it somewhere more relevant.

2 Likes

damage control has arrived. How are you? Are you afraid people will know the truth? That it will hurt your profits?

1 Like

Oh boy, this stuff again.

Companies frequently take out patients to stop others doing bad things. It doesn’t mean they are using them themselves. LOTS of companies have patients they do not use.

You need more than just a patient to show that they are doing this.

The end.

4 Likes

do you think I’m defending blizzard right now?

3 Likes

lol you gonna go far kid…

Can you give a link to the patent and not a click bait youtube video and someone describing what they think it means.

Otherwise these is nonsense.

2 Likes

Yes, very. I have built matchmakers as a job.

I understand the state of the industry.

I have gone far. I ALSO understand patients and how often they are used in the companies which have them, and the reasons they get them.

Which you obviously do not.

BUT, if you feel as if they have broken their advertising around their service being a fair competitive sport, then you can sue them.

Enjoy! But, you will need proof.

AND…

so… You would need to do an analysis of how the matchmaker works. And there is plenty of papers showing how to go about doing this.

Go, get good at stats, and go forth!

4 Likes

Hulk. You know all of these are related to PvE content.

In fact, variants of such things are in most PvE games.

3 Likes

I can’t post links but search on google:
microtransaction engine 128

the patent is there to see

honestly yes. Im having paranoid delusions as a result of mmr, now that i know its really the company i can stop blaming spirits hacker governments and hold the culprit accountable

2 Likes

For IP protection. Most patents aren’t actually used, and are created from theory crafting.

3 Likes

Yep. You have it in one.

The matchmaking is already rigged. Now it will be rigged just in a different way.

2 Likes

That patent is over 5 years old, and such systems haven’t been added to OW.

So it is clear someone created the possibility and then they patented it with the view to potentially licencing it later down the line to make money.

2 Likes

It isn’t.
It just isn’t.

2 Likes

IT’S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!
TAKE THIS!

6 Likes

Why wouldn’t be?
Is it too hard to believe that a corporate would be rigging it for player retention?

1 Like