✅ [Account Merging] Better than RoleBasedSR

I’m fine with that but accou t merging over smurf mitigation would be nice

Match maker ranking, and yeah basically a secret and more accurate ranking.

Added an extra bullet point up top

• Immediate access to Competitive for all profile accounts, if one or more have access already.

it’s important that an account plays 4.53 games per week, not the person

if they have 10 accounts they need to play 45.3 games per week not to decay

Yeah, but there’s not enough higher rank players in the forum to understand how awesome that would be.

how awesome laxer rules on decay would be?

Pretty much. I figure virtually every GM player has atleast 2 smurf accounts already. So they gotta play about 15 games a week minimum, which is over 7 hours of Overwatch.

it’s very important that each account maintain a certain amount of games played on average. How many accounts a player owns is irrelevant.

I agree with account merging though, and I agree that we should get like 10 accounts with each Overwatch purchase (basically Overwatch free to play)

I’m a fan of an SR confidence score i.e. 2800 B+. The B+ represents the confidence the system has in your rating (how often you play, basically)

maybe not have decay at all, but only match C- rated players with other players that also have around a C-. What this would do is if you didn’t play for a long time, you’re next match would contain other’s who have not played in a long time. So you may have a wide spread of SR ranges in that game.

You don’t decay in chess, you shouldn’t decay in Overwatch

Well, decay plays an important role in Top500. Which is why I mentioned even if you play alternate accounts, that would still decay.

Literally the only reason I play on alts is because of the false report system. So… I have a feeling this would do very little. Whether you deserve a suspension or not, that is a major reason people use alts.

so I was thinking about this too. there is no top rating in chess and decay is not a rule. so there is a way to make Top500 work without decay

but when they show current chess standings in the news paper, they don’t show the dude from 1950 who has beaten todays current champ by 300 points.

so I guess Top500 decay is a nice and neat way to do things, but I dont’ really understand why when you approach 5000sr you need a better than 50% winrate.

I’m going to apply to Blizzard just so I can find out :slight_smile:

That’s true, but you can’t do much about that, since you can’t track those well.

But you can entice people to merge their accounts with the carrot of shared gold/skins.

Heck, if devs wanted to, they could even make it so every account profile has the same rank and xp gains.

What’s going to make people want to connect their accounts if they’re trying to smurf? There’d be no way to detect whether it’s the same player just because they’re on the same device.

Shared skins, shared gold, shared xp, and shared decay prevention for high ranks.

Also instant access to Comp, instead of having to grind Quickplay for 10-20 hours to get rank 25.

Heck, just thought of something. They could make it so that you have the option to convert the alternate accounts into XP and forfeit the gold/skins in the smaller accounts. Which would basically turn the merged accounts into lootboxes.

Just for that extra enticement to switch over.

Just occurred to me, this would be dramatically easier to code than RoleBasedSR.
No need to redesign the matchmaker code at all.

Yes.

It does have that going for it.