Account got wrongly suspended due to "applying update"

I had the same issue 2 days in a row, the first time I reloaded the game and after my penalty I didn’t have an issue. Next day I had the same issue. Now facing another penalty.

1 Like

Same problem happened to me–queued for comp, stuck on “Applying Update,” alt-f4’d, banned for 15 min. Obviously an incredibly unfair and rage-inducing bug to those who care about playing comp.

1 Like

Absolutely shameful they are letting this happen to us. It will go uncorrected on our profiles too.

1 Like

I’ve also gotten this error multiple times now. It needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Just now for me back to back, 8 hour ban.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Happened to me yesterday, so I force quit the game and got hit with the 15 minute suspension. Happened again just now and now I’m hit with the 50 minute suspension. :frowning: The ‘applying update’ screen only pops up when I queue for competitive games; played a bunch of unranked and custom games yesterday with no problems. I really want to appeal my leaver status as well.

1 Like

Bro it just happened to me again now, I am actually gonna rank soon

1 Like

Please fix, I dont want to be deranked.

2 Likes

Same here, i won’t even risk trying again.

1 Like

Same and now I’m suspended for 7 hours… can someone fix this or do I have to wait

1 Like

same here. literally just happened to me

1 Like

Same this just happened to me five minutes ago when starting a comp match. I have a penalty now and have been grinding to get to masters rank. I will for sure be push down in the ranks cause of this error…

1 Like

It happened to me twice last night when queuing for unranked matches. Tonight, it happened to me on a ranked match. I don’t even wanna try playing ranked until they fix it.

1 Like

Same happened to me yesterday and today, I am suspended for 8 hours now. Is their a fix to this yet??

1 Like

Happened for 3 days now, still now fix, im not playing again until theres no ban risk for me

1 Like

+1. Not playing until Blizzar pronounces.

1 Like

same thing happened to me on multiple occasions, and i got my account suspended after the 6th time of leaving due to this unknown update???

1 Like

honestly might uninstall the game at this point theres to many bugs and the ranked system is broken also golds shouldn’t be matched with gms or diamonds.

3 Likes

Good news, the Applying Update bug has been addressed by a community manager. Link here: [Main Thread] Applying Update - #148 by Joynueer.