Account got wrongly suspended due to "applying update"

I was queueing up for a competitive open queue game and when I entered the game, a notification for “applying update” came into the screen. The only problem…it didn’t leave. It stayed on screen for over 4 minutes. As a result, I never got into the game. My account got wrongly suspended and now I also have a “1 game abandoned” penalty marked to my profile.

Could one of the development team please remove this penalty from my account?

37 Likes

same stuff over here, suspended for an hour cus it got stuck

12 Likes

I just had this same problem happen to me. The “applying update” didn’t go away and which made me not load into the comp. game. After a while I just completely closed out of the game, and when I loaded back in, I was suspended from comp. (I play on Xbox)

I have a video of the bug happening, but I can’t put a link into the post.

7 Likes

I had the same kind of problem

4 Likes

Yeah, I had the same problem on PC.

5 Likes

Exact same issue here. After download and apply the patch, i went to join a competitive match. Right after a match was found it started to apply some kind of update and got stuck.

I closed the game and tried to join back, but was already suspended…

Thanks Blizzard.

6 Likes

Same thing happened here.

3 Likes

Same here, happened 3 times today so far. Now at 8 hour ban. Please fix this

6 Likes

Never play OW2 right after an update. (Like around a day) Every single time there is some bug or server issue that makes it so you have connection issues that get you banned from queueing for Comp.

5 Likes

Just Happened to me too, suspended for 15 min, then 1 hour when it happened again.

7 Likes

Happened to me too. What a joke of a game. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. It’s terrifying to think of what they will botch next.

4 Likes

Happened yesterday, 15 minute ban, 1 hour ban today.

6 Likes

Same for me… Happened yesterday evening and now again. Banned from competitive for an hour.

4 Likes

Happened 4 times now over the past 2 days, suspended for 20 hours for doing nothing wring but playing this damn game. solution: uninstall the game and never play again

8 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue! I have had a clean profile since OV1, not very cash money.

4 Likes

happened to me twice got banned for 1hr and i tought i could just wait it out, but 5 min passed and nothing happend, and i tried to restart the game and got suspended

6 Likes

This forum is exploding with posts about this issue. We need a BLUE POST ON THIS VERY SOON

8 Likes

Same here for me, Can my penalty also be removed as I also got the exact same issue just now. It is also wasting my time for absolutely no reason!!!

4 Likes

I have the same problem the second time, so second penalty, ban and loss without even joining the game… it is not like the game is easy to win but “losing” such matches is just annoying, especially after the “removed rank decay” bug that deranked me from master 5 to plat 1

7 Likes

Same problem, counted as lost and stuck with 1 hour penalty, second time it happends

3 Likes