Account banned with false acusation

my overwatch 1 account got banned by blizz with the premise that I was using hacks on the game, which is a lie, a false acusation, because I have never used a hack in my life in any game, not now not never. I did contact the support, but they dont give a damn and said they decision was final, and that I couldnt do anything about it.

2 Likes

Then move on because they said it was a valid ban. If you feel financially wronged then hire an attorney.

Even with a lawyer his chance to win against blizzard %0.1

1 Like

thats what I did, Im with another account and YES I feel financially wronged but Ill leave things as it is.

2 Likes

You’re not alone Conkers.

I’ve been monitoring the forums for a few months now since my false ban in April, and these threads keep popping up. There’s several of these kinds of threads up right now as I type this. There was even a forum thread in May that had 5000 views and 450 replies on this topic, and after a few weeks of that thread being active, the forum moderators deleted it.

It’s a major issue that still has no official answer from Blizzard. All it takes is abusing of the report system and innocent players are banned forever. Appealing of these bans often yields no favorable result, and sending in several appeals results in Blizzard threatening to terminate that player’s account entirely as consistently appealing the same issue is considered as spam by Blizzard.

It sucks too, to see that some players in these threads feel no sympathy at all in regards to those who have been falsely banned. They don’t understand, and that’s alright, as many actual cheaters claim that they weren’t cheating as well. However, this is a real problem, and it only seems to be getting worse and worse, especially as there are, as I said earlier, even MORE threads on this issue now. I’ve never seen it as bad as it is now.

It wasn’t like this just a few years ago.

4 Likes

It’s a sign from God to leave this hell hole.

3 Likes

Always fun to see cheaters banned and vehemently try to gaslight others :rofl:

Yeah, I also gave up appealing, now if I want to play the game I just create a new account to keep my main safe. My advice is to never buy anything and do not bind yourself to a main account as you can lose it any time. Create a new account for each session and care less about these unfair bans. If you need ranked, well, you have to either work for 50 wins or buy those for 8-10 bucks on average if really needed.

2 Likes

Seconding everyone else above, false bans are absolutely an issue that has and continues to affect hundreds of players. There are several ways this happens, such as with the now fixed applying update bug, but the most common way this happens is through the Defense Matrix system, especially back in May when it was most aggressive. In fact, there was a megathread created by player Duu008 on April 16th that had over five thousand views and almost five hundred comments documenting players who had been falsely and permanently banned due to the overactive Defense Matrix system, which was an issue a developer outright acknowledged and promised to fix. Link here:

• https://twitter.com/SrslyPaladin/status/1648482888038633473

While, that thread was deleted on May 10th by the forum moderator Toraldon, there are partial backups of the first megathread, which you can view on the WayBackMachine. Links here:

• https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:/us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/falsely-banned-accounts/807864*

You can see the aftermath of that thread’s deletion here:

• https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-competitive-bugs-megathread/696580/365

It appears the forum moderators don’t enjoy it when player discussion starts turning to legal action against Blizzard. After this first megathread was deleted, a second megathread was created the day after, but that too was quickly deleted. Since then, players have continued to create forum posts about their permanently banned accounts, but many are deleted.

And while the over aggression of the Defense Matrix system was eventually fixed, the switch from manual review to automated review means that any player can be falsely and permanently banned if they are targeted by mass reporting. There are too many cases to count, but you can find them just by scrolling the bug forums, such as this recent one.

• https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/account-banned-with-false-acusation/863223

You can find additional threads in the competitive bugs megathread under the subcategory: False Suspension And Ban. Link here:

• https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-competitive-bugs-megathread/696580

As for how these bans can be overturned, there are only two known methods. The first is through directly messaging a developer on Twitter. While it is possible for developers to respond to these messages, it is extremely unlikely. The second method is by appealing the ban through customer support. However, reporting issues too frequently or issues they cannot solve does run the risk of being threatened with account silences and deletions. I can personally attest to that, and you can read more about that in the competitive bugs megathread under the subcategory: Bug Forum Monitoring Updates.

I cannot help feeling frustrated towards this whole situation. It is absolutely true and evident that false bans do occur, and it is a disgrace that the forum moderators continually silence players who speak out about their issues in the one place where their voices are meant to be heard. What’s more infuriating is how players can be unsympathetic or dismissive towards the issues of other players when we should all be helping each other to have our issues acknowledged and resolved. If you want to contribute, please do create your own bug posts sharing details about your issues and reach out to others on other platforms such as Twitter or Reddit. Links here:

• https://twitter.com/chaosrealmsquad/status/1653990707307134989

• https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/180whl8/defense_matrix_abuse_by_spectating_trolls_any/

If you want to read more about this false permanent account ban situation, please do check out the competitive bugs megathread, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug since the launch of Overwatch 2. I hope this was helpful and informative.

Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Competitive Bugs Megathread link here:

2 Likes

I cannot see Blizzard’s data, so I must conclude that all permabans are legitimate based on their proprietary enforcement of standards that they internally set. Unfortunately there is nothing you can say that will convince me that they are at falsely permabanning people because we have seen in the past that developers make mistakes, false claims, and can be impersonated. A ban that has been reversed is not considered a permaban. Have a good day!

Dude, they are not moving a finger, it is automated and not reviewed afterwards if you talk to support. Find friendship with your head or start listening, jesus!

1 Like

I agree, since no one can access Blizzard’s data except Blizzard themselves, it would be reasonable to assume that all permanent bans given are legitimate punishments for violating their terms of service and rules of conduct. That being said, this is only a reasonable assumption if such bans are manually verified and can be appealed by a human customer service agent. It is abundantly evident that many of these recent bans are entirely automated by the Defense Matrix system, which then bans these players solely on the volume of reports instead of the validity of those reports. In addition, customer support services have also been increasingly automated, which means these bans are very often unable to be appealed given that a human must manually review these appeal claims. I agree, Developers can make mistakes, make claims that end up being false, and be impersonated, but that is not relevant to the issue of lack of manual review of player reports and account appeals. And lastly, as far as us players are concerned, a permaban is simply any ban that prevents the use of an account for an indefinite amount of time. Regardless of if that ban is reversed or not in the future, in the present, it is functionally a permaban. I hope you found this helpful.

1 Like

If you really are being truthful, honest and are NOT making stuff up about this. (we dont know). So speculation…

File a complaint with the FTC and go from there. The BBB doesn’t do anything. its just a “non profit”. let federal regulators investigate fraud cases.

If the account is worth over 20 dollars in skins that are unlocked. and according to them. some accounts are worth in the thousands for how many skins there are. Factor that in, as well in the complaint.

If you have nothing invested on the account. Dont even bother. They could care less.

Hiring an attorney is hiring a full-on lawfirm and forming a class action lawsuit with other players. It depends upon the lawfirm, if they practice in California, and IF the attorneys for blizzard are NOT friends with that specific Judge. The lawfirm has to be wanting to see big dollars, and LOTS of people wanting to take them for a substantial amount of cash. The “victims” will most likely receive less than 1% of the return on it. while the lawfirm pockets 99% of the cash.

I’d know. i’ve been down the legal route in California, and if you aren’t friends with the judge, (or their attorneys being friendly with the Judge) they will NOT rule in your favor. hence why you would want a sequestered jury to hear the case. Which also means you have to sit through countless hours of litigation, over a period of YEARS.

and most people do not want to fly out to there, over and over, about some lame AF video game, especially one that is going to bankrupt even under Microsoft ownership.

and most often more than not. You will not win either way. California has a TON of BS laws on the books that protects businesses and NOT you as the consumer. So a lawfirm most likely isn’t going to take the case. I mean unless you got a MILLION bucks floating around, just to make an example of them for the lulz. its not going to happen, and an investments manager will more than likely advise you to not do so.

again, consult an attorney. but most likely it will do absolutely NOTHING. its just easier to file the complaint and allow the guvment to decide. But thats fully on you, to decide what to do.

1 Like

i am trying to get my account back for 3 weeks now. the support just blocks and refuses all requests. its so horrible.

1 Like

Hello i’m back once again just to gave you guys what is blizzard like :))
i’m really really angry with how cheat detection works false banned for the thing i didn’t do

Banned on September ~ Plead and got review 20 times after thoroughly INVESTIGATION~ get rejected ~ Suddenly on December “Sorry it’s our mistake,Please forgive us” only after 2 month and without any compesation???

i cannot post any picture/link here but here the details

"Greetings,

As part of our ongoing effort to combat nonparticipation, abusive behavior, and other in-game violations, Blizzard recently closed an Overwatch account on this Battle.net Account.

After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we determined this account closure was an error. We’re reopening the account for play, and hope you’ll accept our sincere apologies for the mistake.

Our mission is to make Blizzard games a fun and safe environment for all players, and we’re truly sorry for any negative effect this had on your gameplay experience. We’re always refining our processes and we’ll learn from this mistake as we continue in our ongoing efforts.

We look forward to your safe return to the game, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment"

1 Like

Blizzard think with apologizing,all thing are solve? accepting their apology?? Can a glue fix a broken glass to as it was? … No right!!!

I had to plead like a beggar asking for money and The Only reply i got is their automated chatgpt like!

" An additional review of the action applied to this Overwatch 2 account has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings; the account penalty will not be reversed or reduced, and we will not be able to disclose further details regarding our investigation."

2 month after “we are sorry for our mistake,Please accept our sincere apology” with no compensation whatsoever.

1 Like

Replying to you from here
you also are one of the person accusing me using hacks whatsoever

Continuing the discussion from Suspended - no email, no notice, nothing?:

Here what you says to us all 2 month ago

Now

In the end I win the argument even after 2 Months gone by that blizzard was indeed wrong

1 Like

I don’t really care that much. Only a matter of time before they re-ban anyway :kissing_heart:

doesn’t care but always replying on “ban thread” so funny la you :kissing_heart:

2 Likes