Account banned for the whole season

My disconnections have been blizzards fault multiple times I’ve loaded into a match been disconnected from the server and have not been able now I’m not able to play competitive at all. Is there any way to appeal this???

No.

20 characters…

2 Likes

Don’t play comp if you don’t have alright internet. Ruining other people’s games also.

9 Likes

I get disconnected approximately once every 3 months. This isn’t a problem with Blizzard’s servers, it’s very likely something on your end.

The good news is you have the rest of the season to fix your issue, or have your ISP fix the issue if it’s on their side.

4 Likes

I have 100 upload and download and don’t have this problem with any other game its literally just overwatch…

seems to be happening more frequently lately. Failed to connect to server/failed to start game ect. will be loaded into chat but cant load into server with no other internet problems.

Do you notice lag spikes in your connection? Did the problems start when you replaced gear or the network gear updated it’s firmware?

Competitive Leaver bans cannot be appealed. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

1 Like

There are millions of Overwatch players who don’t have this problem. It’s far more likely to be on your end than the server’s, even if the problem doesn’t affect other games. Depending on how the games netcodes work they might just accept a certain amount of packet loss where Overwatch may be more strict, for example.

It’s a bit like saying, “I’m good at football so if I’m bad at basketball it’s because of the referee.”, even though they have completely different requirements.

I don’t know much about netcode and such things but just because it doesn’t happen in other games doesn’t mean it’s not something do do with your setup or your local cabling etc.