Absolutely MASSIVE new Workshop Update on PTR now!

Dummy Bots need movement, aiming, and button presses scripted in.

1 Like

Yeah it is a bit complicated. Because there is no “Move dummy bot to this location”. You can only say the bot “move forward, left right, shoot, jump etc…”

There are techniques though to make a bot move around the map, but those are really advanced.
You need to create a pathmap with different waypoints a bot can walk to, and setup the connections between them. There are quite the few editors though.
Then you need some sort of pathfinding algorithm that guides the bot towards the player.

An example can be found here, because i am working on a pathfinding project right now. This should be easier to understand than the other resources.
Press ult to spawn a dummy bot and it will follow you.
Keep in mind though, this project is new, full of bugs and the pathmap is bad, so the bots get stuck often.
CODE: X9KSD

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/resource-graph-based-pathfinding-algorithm-for-dummy-bots/479891
This is another great example for a working pathfinding algorithm. They provide a tool to create pathmaps, and you can just drag and drop em in your project.

https://github.com/ItsDeltin/Overwatch-Script-To-Workshop/wiki/Pathfinding
ItsDeltin did another great Pathfinding tool for his “Overwatch Script To workshop”. This is basically a language on his own, that you need to learn in order to use the pathfinding, but it comes in really handy, because you can create your scripts in an external editor, you have auto correct, etc…

2 Likes

But if you just want to make them move forward, or towards the player use “Start Throttle”. This will make them move in the direction you tell em!

1 Like

Omg yes please!!!

Depends what you want to do with them. Any gamemode in mind?

i have different codes i made, like previous verisons of OW like moth meta, sym 1.0/2.0, goats brig, etc.

If you need help with anything I can help

1 Like

Any ideas when this is coming to live?

No one has, but i hope soon! It’s probably like the “player scaling” feature, it will take a patch or two to get fleshed out

1 Like

That one took like two months :sob::sob::sob: hopefully they have a better understanding of the capabilities/flaws so that doesn’t happen again

Extensions aren’t causing game crashes so I’m not sure about that