Absolutely MASSIVE new Workshop Update on PTR now!

For PVE intended modes yes but not PVP.

1 Like

I mean the default bots, but that’s still good.

Do you have to close player slots to see the new effects? What about new sounds?

that, or put it on a workshop map.

When Overwatch 2 is released, I will have fun, thanks.

1 Like

Damnnnnn…

like bruh…

Why so cynical lul, make your own ow2 now that we have infinite bots :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So now if I want my own workshop anti-heal effect, I need remove a player slot.

And if I want the mode to be fair with equal players on both sides, it needs to be 5v5.

Is the performance impact of allowing us to use hero status effect visuals and sounds really equal to a whole player slot? Especially in this case where I just want anti-heal?

1 Like

I think at least 4-6 extension points could be given by default with no loss of maps or player slots.

Let the workshop creators manage load, or let there be a warning that the mode will exceed Overwatch’s minimum performance requirements.

3 Likes

Yeah under that perspective you can call it Workshop Alternatives instead of Extension, but the workshop is on a good way.

4 Likes

why arent all the new effects on the ptr yet :sob:

But they are! You need to enable them by clicking the small puzzle icon in the workshop editor. You do need to sacrifice something though to get access, either disable some player slots, or limit the maps you are using. You basically earn points for doing that, and you can spend em on cool effects.
It is a bit weird to get your head around, it’s best to try it yourself :smiley:

1 Like

bruh why this is the workshop i dont wanna remove stuff for new additions, that better not go in the live servers :sob:

1 Like

The problem is with the server load. For example you get the ability to spawn DOUBLE the effects using that system.
But Overwatch Servers are not made for DOUBLE the effects. So the server would crash if you don’t remove for example the player slots.
That is why you need to disable something, so that the processing power from the server can go from the player slots to the effects.

1 Like

ah, what other things can be removed? i like playing with 12 bots cause it adds realism to my old overwatch version codes

But for that you get really amazing tools. Yesterday i created a gamemode where 20 dummy bots are chasing you around the map while you need to try and survive!

You can for example disable all the player slots in team 2. This will give you infinite points, you can enable all effects AND spawn 20-30 dummy bots in the second team, because they do not use player slots!

1 Like

they dont?? omg thats awesome, though i will find it difficult like using the workshop to make the dummy bots like yk,

Just don’t use the “player in slot” variable for now, because it is broken atm.
But you don’t need that to program awesome dummy bots!

If you need any help you can always write me :slight_smile:

1 Like

question, how can i disable player slots?

nvm found out, one more question, how can i make the dummy bots move? cause when i spawn them it seems like their stuck in spawn