About wrong ranked rewards

I have noticed the amount of people upset about being placed lower at the end of the season. The OW devs mentioned that everybody’s ranks became inflated from season 3’s attempt to make your rank to be more similar to your mmr. due to decay kinda being removed in S3, this caused EVERYONES ranks to be completely modified because how rank was determined used a little a bit of decay to decide your true rank. due that being removed, everyones ranks went all out of wack. season 4 readjusted you to what you truly are (in very short thats what happened). It makes a lot of sense that this is happening because basically everyone was getting ranks waaaaaay higher than they deserve (even me, i was ALWAYS a plat since day 1 ow until season 3 i literally walked straight through diamond like i was on a silver smurf account). So Overwatch to make your rank more accurate, straight up tried putting your rank to your mmr to be as accurate as possible to your true rank. It’s pretty scummy to lower your rewards too because your highest is still your highest and the game always gave rewards depending on your peak. I honestly believe there was a glitch at play at least a little since we are not getting our peak rewards which was always a thing.

8 Likes

THANK YOU!

I seems like people forgetting or ignore this kind of information. I went in 4 days from Plat 4 to Master 4 suddenly and though “lol everyone is so bad and they are all Diamond and Master?!”

4 Likes

I made sure to end on gold on all 3 roles and I did and then was met with silver reward. Its really not okay.

8 Likes

yeah it isnt cool that they didnt give us our peak rewards.

4 Likes

Why does this have to change last season’s rewards though?

7 Likes

So, what’s weird is I ended D4, got replaced P3. I get it, if Skiesti is right and this is just the game reranking us based on our MMR then fine, I accept that I have to grind.

But I did get my Diamond Challenger title…

2 Likes

it didnt, that was poor on their behalf. but this was all in attempt to make us know what our actual ranks really are

If you dropped they should replace that with diamond challenged :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

oh interesting, you got plat rewards but your peaks title?

I guess ya.

again, ended at Diamond 4, which I got just a few days ago, while I was D5 the week before, logged in today and I’m Plat 3, but still got the 1k comp points and diamond title (which I slapped on).

i wish i wasnt at a class right now so i can see where the game ended up putting me, i was one of those diamonds all the pros would complain get put in their t500 matches just to even out a match… i hope the bad matchmaking at the time didnt make the game think i was THAT bad lol

Hi, my friend reached Diamond, never Masters, but seemed to have gotten Masters rewards, even the title. :sweat_smile:, I’m seriously lost right now

3 Likes

oh thank you thats very good to know, ive only seen and heard people move down so now i know moving up is a possibility too

1 Like

Yes, but that is still besides the point. Give us the competitive rewards for the rank we still finished as.

4 Likes

if we look on the brightside, yeah it isnt cool we didnt get our peak rewards but the devs are increasing rewards in general. yeah you couldve gotten more from getting your peak rank but winning games give 25 comp points instead of 15 so theres at least some compensation

That’s not compensation. They should’ve been more clear in their wording about what would happen at the end of Season 3, assuming they are now matching our rank with our MMR.

1 Like

they said exactly that. your rank will match your mmr now, their words. it isnt a great way to do it but we cant just be mad at everything they do. this change in reality was a very very good change, just shown to us in the wrong way. all we can do now is look on the brightside of things (and of course i dont mean it was good that everyone was screwed off their rank rewards, just that we REALLY know what rank we are now)

Being clear would be saying “At the end of Season 3, your final rank will be adjusted to more closely match your MMR. This may result in ranks going down, or possibly up. Unfortunately, this may result in people not being appropriately rewarded for reaching title card divisions.”

Blizzard was not clear in their communications, not that it’s surprising.

4 Likes

The rank adjustments are totally fair, i did feel that ranks were inflated, but why could they have not ended with what our displayed rank was, and change our starting ranks for this season, versus the final for last?

At that point they couldve said this is not rank decay, but an adjustment based on MMR, still given the appropriate rewards for last season (as inflated as they may have been, people assumed thats what they were getting). Also werent rewards given out for peak previously, besides Top 500, so that also changed with no warning…

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why I hit gm on two roles and finished gm on both roles but it gave me rewards for masters,I didn’t get my gm title,that shi is so demotivating and trash.How can u mess up end of season rewards like tf?

2 Likes