About the Sombra rework

I’m very apprehensive about it. Sombra’s kit makes for an amazing tool in high level gameplay. I think it would be a shame to lose that just because she’s too difficult to figure out and use effectively in gold.

Literally only pros effectively use her outside of a few onetricks in GM.

She’s terrible in practically every level of ranked.

Plus she’s got a kit that’s incredibly unfun to play against so many are reluctant to have her straight up buffed.

2 Likes

I really doubt they’re making changes so that average players can use them better. The only changes they’ve ever made to the game were because high tiers of play were able to use them far too easily to mop up the enemy team; that’s why they toned down Widowmaker so many times. The only hero rework I can think of that they did for lower level players ‘benefit’ is maybe Torb, but really I think that was more because his kit was very disjointed what with him having to run around and collect scraps of armor (aka, not focusing on the fight) than anything else.

They never balance the game around average players.

If only 3% or the playerbase can effectively use her then it’s long overdue for a rework. Same problem happening with brig.

2 Likes

I say it’s worth it because even in GRANDMASTER she isn’t exactly the best hero because of how few people know how to use her kit to her full potential and teammates that play around her. At least make her better at the high end of ladder

Not exactly. Reaper, Junkrat, and probably some heroes I’m forgetting were nerfed because they were tearing up low ranks when they got their buffs. Then you had heroes changed because the devs didn’t like their design like sym or hanzo.

Brig is very different form Sombra. Sombra, even at the high end of GM is meh because not only are there much better options like soldier, tracer, and ashe, but her value is very inconsistent given what a lot of the heroes in the game can do against her

Brig on the other hand, excels in GM, arguably more than OWL. Unlike Sombra, Brig just has a misleading kit and people think she’s an easy-to-pick-up melee paladin hero can just frontline. She is anything but that right now, and you just have to maximize the utility and healing such as inspire uptime or denying heroes with SB or whip shot on brig to get value out of her in ladder; she is definitely one of the best supports once you do so

Reminder that every hero’s kit is “unfun” to play against when they get their way. Get over it.

1 Like

It needs reworked hack shouldn’t be in her kit & be an ult it also need a better counter as it really has none other than guess when she’ll use it

Anyone can counter Hack, as any damage, even a single pellet from a shotgun, will interrupt it and there’s ample time to do it with its activation time being rather generous in its duration.

But it’s incredibly fun to play as :weary: