About regions merging and LFG - suggestion

Hi there,

So we all know regions have been merged with the new changes to Battle net. I’m not aware right now how the server that hosts a given game is picked, but I think I have a useful suggestion that’s related to this issue and to LFG.

My suggestion is that we add a “region preference” to the LFG settings. I’ve just started trying out our new cross-play world and already I’m getting 1-2 players from NA every time I’m in a mostly EU LFG group that gets EU servers for games, and it’s just really annoying for those couple players. If we had a region preference we could know what regions the players in a said group are from. This is NOT a “pick what server you want to play in”. Just a way to say “I want to play with people from EU” without having to type it in the title.

Related: language preference in LFG. This is probably an EU issue, but I’m sick of scrolling through Russian, German or French-only groups. Those people are free to want to play only with people who speak those languages, but can I please have the option to

1. Indicate when I create a group that I prefer a specific language (without typing it in the title)

2. Filter groups by language preference (which is basically why you’d have 1) anyway)

I don’t know how feasible my suggestions are. I’m guessing you’ve seen the language-related one before. Thanks for reading this, and sorry if I’m repeating what someone else already said :stuck_out_tongue:

Crisma signing out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with a lot of your points!

Personally I’d prefer an option to be able to hide certain language groups (Russian, German, French etc.) as they specify in the title that they only want players who speak those languages (which I do not). When I use the group finder they usually take up half of the list. It makes it quite tedious when going through it… Especially since groups for English QP groups often fill up really fast which means sometimes I’ll be too late to join - then having to refresh the list - and then finally having to spot and scroll past all the non-English groups again.

Besides that I’d like it if it was a criteria for people who create groups to have to pick what mode they are to play since most people just end up picking “any mode” even though they clearly state either QP or Comp in the title most times. In that same selection screen it would just make sense to pick language as well, even if it was optional.

Another minor obstacle to finding suitable groups efficiently are groups created by people solely to attempt to sell accounts and request players to report their username and other nonsense. I’m surprised there isn’t a built filter in place to auto-delete these as they’ve been present pretty much non-stop since the beginning. At least there is an option to report the group titles but that doesn’t hide them or anything.

Really hoping the group finder gets improved for OW2, there’s a lot of potential to make it more user friendly which would help less tech savvy players more comfortable in using it!

Just my two… or ten cents.

1 Like

Honestly I’d like to see some base options having to be picked when creating a group, and that leads to how it is named (none of this custom naming stuff).

A simple

MODE - RANK - REGION - LANGUAGE

Done.

I gave up on LFG cause most of the time, they are speaking baguette or vodka and you pretty much can´t find anything else :woman_shrugging:

Check this forum out. It’s all about the bad server soft locking change.

I deeply appreciate the revive you’ve given this topic :slight_smile:

Idk how I feel about not having custom names, but having basic “mode, rank, region and language” information right upfront would be nice, and it is what Blizzard did with the only things they thought were necessary (mode and rank for competitive).

I also agree that there are several useless/harmful groups, specifically ones looking to sell or boost accounts. I’m not sure how easy it would be to “auto-delete” such groups without innocent group casualties along the way, but some sort of “report group” button instead of just “report group title” could maybe be useful… Also sounds like something abuseable so idk…

And lastly, it is very dumb that people who want to play a gamemode sometimes just don’t decide to indicate it or only write it in the title. But there is still merit to an “any mode” option imo. And yes, the idea of having “group languages” was meant to include a language filter, much like the gamemode one already does.

P.S.: Is “Coraline” a Maneskin reference? Just wondering :o

2 Likes