About Reaper's Buff

I guess we’ll see, I only play in QP cause comp is just too stressful for me but I’ll stop there. I’ll be locking him early on when I play since I am usually loading in first (beastly hardware) so I’ll get to see how punishing he is when it goes live. Heh heh heh heh heh.

1 Like

He dies to everything that killed him before, but enjoy busting tanks instead of being countered by them.

OKay, I do enjoy hunting and destroying Mercy and Moira cause they annoy me so much on other heroes. XD

1 Like

Do you think it needs more damage or more range?

At higher ranks he still needs perfect timing to get into the fight.
At lower ranks we will see but contrary to popular belief, he isn’t strong here. A Junk or Hanzo is way better.

2 Likes

I’d keep it as it is for now. Now that death blossom has redeeming qualities, players might come up with combos, like a beyblade revival.

Thats what I love about the Reapening buff, it actually helps him in much fairer ways than it’s being credited for.

2 Likes

Preach.

1 Like

it doesnt help his pro play tho. thats my problem. sure its great at low ranks or against more cqc teams he’s still horrible at getting into position and chasing people down right. also cc still rekts his ult and him and can easily bait wraith out. he needs some type of alt fire or SS change to be quicker and less obvious where he’s moving to. like how tracer doesnt show where she’s going until she has already gone. SS has this super obvious FX that just screams “HS ME”

It puts a lot of tank match ups in his favor when most weren’t.
That’s a significant Reaper buff for pros.

reaper use teleport to skeak
after teleport Screaming like a freaking penguin (aka Sombra)

• HELLO I AM HERE!!! CAN U KILL ME PLS!!! I AM HERE!!!

Balance in this game is such braindamage…

IDK some others may do better with their range and utility. I’m hesitant bc I’ve had my hopes before. and now that GOATS is nerfed again he may not have the matchups he needs

1 Like

Ptr reaper is a counter to close range comps. Dive will have trouble aggressing into him. GOATS and similar styles of deathball will find themselves in this situation: there shield is down or the Reaper’s past it, so now he’s turning their AoE healing against them. Wanna bunch up and never stop healing? Good news for Reaper.

I think pros just need to figure out how to enable him, all they’ve got experience with is shutting Reaper down. Reapers are also going to have to learn how to make the most of their passive, like changing tempo so you’re always healing until wraith form recharges during a fight.

1 Like

true but I was saying range still counters him and if GOATS doesnt stay around range heroes can come back. Some streamers who are high level think snipers may come back widow, Ashe, hanzo who rek reaper unless he can sneak way around unnoticed and have escapes on cooldown

true. ana anti heal tho could stop him so he’s gotta be careful

I agree but that’s gonna be an uphill battle trying to enable when everyone knows how to shutdown. hopefully theyll try. who knows maybe we’ll get a new weird comp. lucio would help him out a lot tho

1 Like

What does dps meta even mean? 3 dps? I doubt it. Just means their will be a rotation to dps flex picks

People will adapt and climb, or just collapse and lose sr…

I am training my Roadhog and Mei to adapt to it. Maybe I should train Reaper.

I don’t do comp so where I sit in QP and some arcade modes thats what I meant by a problem cause most games I play are one sided. One team is really good or one is really bad and nobody uses voice chat and or half the other team is smurfing LOL. Yet I do still find some fun in it to counter them (or try to).

He’s gonna need Lucio.
Ranged comps would be threat no 1 for reaper but it’s hard to make one without being susceptible to dive. We’re going to be seeing a lot more traditional death balls like what was played on King’s row during dive meta.

1 Like

I think we’ll see more unique comps since reaper both needs to be countered but also counters what counters him so it could hop around based on what other heroes as seen as synergistic or just overall powerful. that is assuming GOATS is truly dead

1 Like

I just want to know if they even consider lower ranks or even QP when they create these buffs? I think they don’t , not everyone that plays is comp capable including myself. XD

Give Reaper Right Click Alt Fire Slug Ammunition Type. Same rate of fire and mag size. Damage model can be based off McCree but not as high damaging for balance since he owns you in CQC. Reaper in Titan class form had Magnum as a weapon in his kit. Without some form of ranged recourse, no matter how UP it is, he will always be wiped by ranged attacks making any Reapening buff insignificant in comparison. Such a simple solution that would integrate seamlessly and with relative ease to implement. Reaper would actually be viable in the top tier gameplay.