About console balance

Why are they given the same balance changes as pc players? I mean, i know it would be hard for the team to balance two games so then why isnt there a console balance team? If Pharmercy has been broken on console for years, then why is it still allowed to be this way? Since theres no crossplay, why aren’t they separated? It’s not really fair for console players and it doesn’t make sense. Phara underperforming on pc and in esports because of console balance is just ???

Your statement that balance changes being the same between PC and console is not accurate. There are key balance changes that different between platforms for certain heroes. In fact, there was changes for exclusively console a few patches ago.

Pharah has actually significantly improved on both platforms again since they recently reverted the direct/splash damage ratio on her Rockets from an older patch.

2 Likes

Interesting, however, i often hear that Phara or pharmercy is not balanced on console and hasn’t been for quite some time. Do you also think this is the reason for mercy’s hp/s rate?

Mercy’s current HP rate is mostly based on what it was like when she had 60 HPS. For a good idea on that, watch the 2018 season of Overwatch League around Stages 1 and 2. (Even after the resurrection nerfs, Mercy was a must pick in nearly every team comp.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, i will take a look into this.

Pharah isn’t over performing on “consoles” though.

This is and always has been a PS problem, and I don’t understand why. Her numbers on Xbox are typically similar to PC, especially at high rank. For some reason she just decimates the top of the PS leaderboard.

She’s rocking nearly a 10% PR and 60% in PS GM this month, as opposed to under 4% and 55% on Xbox.

Maybe PS just has amazing Pharah’s?

1 Like

Interesting, i don’t play console Overwatch but my friend plays on PS and he says the same thing. Thanks for correcting me :+1:

As a console player, I’d really rather they didn’t balance differently at all. I’m not a fan of any of the console-specific changes that are already in and I don’t think we need any more. I don’t want to end up playing a different game than the PC people.

Also, hitscans almost always have higher accuracy on console than on PC. That says Pharah should have a harder time on console but I think the reason she’s played more often anyway is that she feels great to control with a controller. Flying feels awful on a keyboard to me. That’s why real aircraft use control sticks and not keyboards. That’s not something we need to be balancing differently around.

1 Like