A voice line request "Retreat"

funny thing of voicelines is that people take them way too literally.

While playing Orisa and using: Medical attenttion has been requested, voiceline, i get healed more since supports think she is asking heals for herself.

Same goes to many other lines in this game since some people are so IN the gamesense of their own that they think it´s a request of sorts. This plays to mindset that “negative” voicecommands are somewhat nowhere but voicelines themselves are there to be abused and used against players in toxic ways.

You have to record it in a broom cupboard? Or your bike shed?

I always knew Jeff is a stand user, was not expecting the World though. Damn.

In Overwatch 2 I’d love to see:

“Sorry!”
“Let’s combine our Ultimate Abilities”
“Retreat!”
“Let’s Attack!/Let’s Defend!”
“Enemies returning”

Not too much more as to clutter the communication wheel, but some more essentials, plus “sorry” since sometimes we all make mistakes that end up getting our teammates killed… like when I took Mercy’s health pack while we were both on fire… sorry, Mercy

This makes me so excited! I play Overwatch on console - where few people join team chat and even fewer deign to use a mic - so not being able to communicate with my team has been an issue ever since the game came out.

I also have my fingers crossed for being able to use the “team status bar” HUD feature in regular matches (instead of it only showing up in replays and PvE events). It looks really slick and provides a ton of invaluable information, plz plz plz papa jeff!!

I’d love a “focus your fire on X” prompt.

Do we actually get better call outs?
A dream comes true

I always wanted them to say:

That spy is a spy.

2 Likes

Well, if people wouldn’t ult first, while I’m waiting to grav at the right moment. It works both ways.

Please let us ping our coodlowns.
Like by pressing alt+ability button

Zarya: Bubble is in 6 seconds off cooldown

1 Like

You kind of can by pressing the “ult” callout button while your reticle is on the hero you want to combo with. Not sure how far you can be and get the specific interaction though. The healing one is definitely limited.

Jeff heard me :3
ty Jeff!

Please separate “I need healing / come to me for healing” for supports.

It’s very irritating to press X as a support when you need healing at like 13 health, only to call “come to me for healing” to your rein instead and your 2nd healer doesn’t heal you.

Healers need to call for healing too, but often we’re calling “come to me for healing” instead.

2 Likes

Can we finally put a cd on…everything? It would save us both time with spam reports.

Hey Jeff, that is awesome! I also hope you can have an option for “generic portraits” before OVERWATCH II.

Oh and one more thing… Back in the day of W.oW. - Hey, YOU thought of Mass rez, Healers LOVE this. because then it takes the stress off of everyone. I remember rolling as a Priest in BC and WOTLK, and everyone kept SCREAMING at me “WHO GOT REZ’D FIRST” and getting my ear “BITTEN OFF” in Ventrillo for not rezing the right person first. I can certainly SAY that Mercy needs mass rez back… (sorry).

U.S. Terokkar.

Mass Resurrection

0.8% of base mana 100 yd range

10 sec cast
Requires Priest (Discipline, Holy)
Requires level 66

Brings all dead party members back to life with 35% health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.