A serious question to people who prefer Mercy 2.0

I don’t like wondering what could have been, since they are not reverting it. But it would have been enjoyable to just have an E ability.

New mercy is fun, but valk’s chain beam makes it feel so auto pilot. I wish they would have went with a stronger single target beam

The problem with such a reversion is that it’d lead us back to square one, where Mercy is a main healer with no baseline utility, and Moira does that job way better than she does.

Damage boost would be her main utility (it is right now anyways, especially at higher ranks). They could possibly buff damage boost to make it a stronger form of utility?

Or using Valk ability could give her beams new utiliy like dmg resistance, etc.

I don’t see the point in having valk as an ability…? If you’re talking about having flight as an ability, ga does that already. Yes, you need a teammate to do so, but there has to be cost for something that gives a hero so much mobility. Adding valk as an ability wouldn’t be very helpful in general.

Damage boost isn’t nearly enough utility, especially when at 30% it’s strictly worse than Discord, and at anything above 30%, it becomes incredibly oppressive.

1 Like

I like how you think. Equivalent mobility (with a higher skill floor/ceiling) could be achieved by tweaking Mercy’s existing kit, leaving her E free for a utility move.

Summary

For starters, Guardian Angel has two separate targeting modes with the own unique strengths. They even feel like completely different abilities (once you get used to one of them). Why not provide a “hybrid” targeting mode? If you’re looking at a teammate, you can fly to them. If you’re not, you fly to your beam target by default.

There’s also the inconsistent bug that happens if you try to slingshot past a teammate that’s too close to you. Sometimes, it will shoot you up on the air like a poor man’s Pharah Boost. It would be great it this was made official like the slingshot bug was, and GA targeting diamonds had visual tweaks to indicate when you’re in range to use your teammate as a jump pad.

And finally, it seems odd that Mercy would be given a glide, but unlike any other character in video games ever Mercy can’t use it to commute between platforms. Making the rate of descent even a little bit slower would allow mercy to cross gaps that would normally be only one or two meters too far away for her to reach by gliding.

But I know that a lot of people are partial to Mercy 2.0 like it because of Valk’s independent mobility, so it was much more concise to frame the op that way.

inb4 this thread gets locked and moved to the megadumpster

one of the best parts about mercy in this meta is her damage boost to pocket a hanzo when he ults to negate transcendence

with how strong mercy is at the moment i can’t think of a way that an ultimate buff is reasonable with nerfing a core aspect of her kit to compensate to prevent her from being too strong

Which is why I said anything above 30% is oppressive. She gets too good at pocketing huge singe sources of damage, like Hanzo, Junkrat, Soldier or Pharah, but when the teams damage is spread out over multiple sources, like it is when you’re running a comp like Dive, then Discord provides far more damage amplification.

One of the reasons I’m not happy with Valkyrie as an ult is that the chain beams go against her original theme of “strong single target heals/buffs”. I can’t think of a way for chain beams to be in Mercy’s kit at all without breaking something (right now it breaks the “single target” theme).

What if chain beam worked in that it gave less healing to those in its effect, but the target Mercy focuses receives greater healing? Would encourage prioritizing targets instead of hold heals and hope for the best.

Sure, yeah. Is this so that she can get mass rez back? I specifically did not like using mass rez. Or to put it more accurately, I didn’t hate it but I never missed it once it was gone.

I don’t really enjoy valkyrie, but I DO really enjoy cast time rez on E, so I wouldn’t like mercy as much if they swapped cast time rez for mini-valk instead.

I’ve been playing her a lot since she got her Pink skin, and Valk has been my favorite part of it so far. I love the flying. It’d be too short on an E ability.

I enjoy the new GA. It is the part of her new kit which they got right!

I’d be happy to either get Rez back or to lose Rez for something else.

I’d love an E which gave flight for a second or 2. Enough to get some height to get to someone on a higher platform, some extra healing, and that is it for the next 10 seconds.

I’d be happy.

If you want changes to Mercy, #boycottMercy. Look at what Jeff mentions, pick rate. It’s all about the pick rate always.

I do honestly. Though I wish they found a way to tie mass resurrection with Valkyrie,since Valkyrie is an enhancement to her natural abilities.

When resurrecting while in Valk. Any fallen teammate with 10 meter will be resurrected to.

Yes, but I’m not sure how seriously Blizzard will take requests for another rework if they dismissed requests for a revert, so I’m sticking to asking Blizz for smaller tweaks.

That said, I’m not sure how seriously Blizzard take any Mercy requests, but it doesn’t feel right to be completely silent.

There’s a nifty idea floating around on the megathread to rework Valkyrie. It takes rez off of E and locks it behind valk, which is shortened to around 8 seconds or so.

Mercy would get one free charge of rez (single target, and almost instant cast) to use during Valkyrie, but can earn more by “overcharging” her ult meter after Valk becomes available. Every extra time Mercy fills the meter gives her another charge of rez (This stacks up to 5). All remaining rez charges disappear at the conclusion of Valkyrie.

1 Like

I like it, but I highly doubt that devs will even consider looking at the idea.