A rant about the community

it’s not that… i’m just saying that the forums are different they were created in a way that negativity wins… honestly when you play the game 90% of the people are either nice or neutral… the game is like hanging out at your local pub and the forums are like “stepping outside”

2 Likes

didn’t read, l2 paragraph.

1 Like

Its a good idea to stay far away from fandoms in general. As for myself, I lurk here for news and to get morbid kicks off watching you eat each other.

This

This right here.

Especially with the r/destinythegame right now.
That place is filled with manchildren crying right now.

2 Likes

Part of that is a lot of people have grown bitter over the devs not communicating here anymore. We feel like the devs are stonewalling us, and that they don’t value (or even pay attention to) our feedback anymore. It ramps up any frustrations with the game up to 11.

People here argue all the time over whether or not XYZ phenomenon is what the devs really want, or if they even know about the issue at all.

A lot of the arguments and complaints could be put to rest if a dev replied, clarified what they think about the topic/explain their reasoning, and whether there’s any plans to do anything about it.

Most players would be a lot more understanding of the game’s imperfections if they knew what the devs plan to do about them. A public “development roadmap” would be a godsend at this point, no matter how vauge. At least we’d know the devs were doing something about the things that frustrates us.

But since we have no way of knowing what’s going on behind the opaque curtain of Overwatch, all we can do is vent about what’s in front of it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the OW Forums.

You should make the kinds of posts that you want to see. Pretty sure that’s what everyone else does.

I mean, can you really blame the devs? A lot of people here seem to think they’re game developers with easy fixes for everything and the devs are complete boobs who don’t give a crap. It’s unreal.

2 Likes

i love this game, been playing it since beta, yep, and i’m still playing…yep…yep. good game, thanks blizzard! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i shall hit post 486 soon ™

Because they have been bombarded by the Mercy mains relentlessly.

Every single time they came up with changes on other heroes, some of the crazies have to bring up Mercy revert and they literally swarmed the thread like “moths to flame” (pun intended).

Some of them when from asking to straight attacking them.

And beside, the forum also have a thing with taking something the dev said and twisted it around in order to fit their agendas. Stuff like “Dev transfering some man power to build up OWL until it can runs on it owns” become “Devs transfering all man power to OWL since it conceptions” which was around 2016 if I remember correctly!

And that is not even mentioning our attitude towards each other. We have a bunch of people who came to the forum with the sole purpose of dissing and (for a lack of a better term which comes me having English as a 2nd language) discriminating other players, especially Tanks and Supports towards DPS.

I mean, it became such a problem that this is an actual thing

Who the hell want to converse with this forum?

Tl:Dr = Tanks and supports bad, DPS are saints.

Symmetra wants their godlike annoying “easy to counter” hero back
Sniper mains (Ashe/Widow/Hanzo) believe their hero is well balanced.
Roadhog just being Roadhogs lol

1 Like

Bruh…

“bruhhhhhh”
DPS discrimination, really?

You know, the people that bullied a voice actress because the character she voiced countered them.

The people saying that DF is balanced.

The people wanting Baptiste nerfs.

The people that to this day calls Mercy moth/e-girls and want nerfs for her.

The people that not at all verbally abuse tanks and supports.

You know.

Those people that are saints and definetly never had it coming.

They are right though, supports should only heal 1 hps (and single target only, ofc) and have like 10 hp, so even a meelee attack can kill them, tanks should have 150 hp(but still have the huge hit boxes so it is easer to have potgs) and Widow/Genji/Tracer should be able to insta kill everyone they looked ugly.

1 Like

How many other games have you played? The large majority of the ones i’ve been active in have had Devs that are significantly better at communicating and listening to their fanbase.

The devs are good at creating cool concepts for characters and cool looking characters. They are not good at designing those characters for a balanced competitive game. There is really no way around that. I mean we have years of proof to look at. The fact that Doomfist was designed alone should be enough evidence by itself.

No. Sure, there are lots of people whining about stupid stuff. But there is just as much good and rational feedback. Players who spent money on a product should be able to criticize the product, if it’s flawed. And this game is flawed to the core. That’s why people are frustrated.

The devs don’t talk to us anymore, they don‘t care about rational feedback from anyone, not even the pros. And honestly they don’t have to, but unfortunately they are incapable of helping this game by themselves, instead making it worse and worse every patch.
But the lack of communication to the point where they don’t even talk about when events start or when an important ptr patch hits the live servers is pathetic.

And don‘t get me started about Blizzard as a whole, which the devs of this game are part of.

people wants moira dmg orb nerfed -> devs nerf her heals
people wants symetra and sombra be viable -> they are trash
people wants hanzo nerfed -> he is the beast of the dps
people wants reason to pick tanks -> shields destroyed, now all of them are offtanks ( which will make hanzo a widowmaker the carrys of the teams)
people wants mercy to heal a bit more so she feels as a main healer again -> devs wont change a thing
people wants SMALL buffs for soldier - > still not viable as other dps for years

yeah they clearly listen XD

Dormammu I’ve come to bargain with my forever queue