A new slant on mercy

I disagree. As a GM Mercy, I hate Valkyrie with all of my being as it lowers her skill ceiling immensely during the ult.

To me personally, Mass Res (in higher tiers) had much more skill ceiling attached to it as it need much more thought to be done properly or to be positioned correctly for it. Most people massively over simplify it. With over 400 hours of both versions of Mercy, this is just my personal thought.

Regardless, it is gone. Who cares

But I would love for them to make Valkyrie less lame and more immediately impactful. With Mass Res, Mercy had HER moment to shine. During Valk, she gives everybody else even more moments to shine while she just enables it. I want something with more immediate oomph. I never want an ultimate as long as Valkyrie in the game ever again for any hero, because it needs to be extremely watered down to support the duration.

2 Likes

it increases skill ceiling having to decide which ult to use

What? Valkyrie’s skill ceiling is way lower than mass rez’s. Valkyrie literally does your job for you and basically erases the need for player input and decision making. It’s also not anywhere near as impactful. Mass rez could sway a fight, valkyrie cannot. Are you playing the same game?

Addressing this, I never said anywhere mass Rez should or is coming back.

And hopefully never does.

FYI, I made a post with some Valkyrie videos. Here’s a link to it.

1 Like

Just so you know the Alliance has some honor, I got him his videos in a post I made a few minutes ago. :+1: I linked it just above this comment.

1 Like

Nice! Glad to hear it dude.

Also, unfortunately the Alliance seems to have more honor than the Horde these days. I’m not sure why Blizz decided to make the Horde into mustache twirling Saturday morning villains again :frowning:

1 Like

Dude I’m usually ranked in masters/GM and that’s all I do. Has matchmaking got me at the wrong rank?

I’m sure you deserve the rank if that’s where you are, but there’s always more you can do with Valk. If you look a couple of posts up, I linked a thread I made today with a bunch of videos or me using Valkyrie in it. It might give you some ideas.

I don’t believe I need any ideas on how to use Valkyrie, evident in me having to put in the most minimal amount of effort required to get the maximum amount of value.

If you use Valk in a passive manner holding down M1/M2 you are not using it to its full potential.

If I’m not using it to its full potential, why am I ranked in GM/Masters?

How is that relevant to how to use Valk properly? lol
Plenty of videos on the tube showing that its not just a fly in the sky M1 ult.
Sure you could just be passive and just sit in the sky healing and do fine.
Do better maybe?

Maximum value isn’t always just keeping your team alive through the fight. Sometimes it means pressing the other team to keep them off-balance before they get a chance to engage again. You can’t do that by holding down M1.

Valkyrie is impactful, but it is not the best choice in every situation, hence why 2 ults would be better. Res can stay how it is, it doesn’t have to be mass res, just Valkyrie would need a nerf or res needs a buff to make a single res as impactful as current Valkyrie.

What? With Valkyrie you just press Q and everything is done for you. You go into literal easy mode for 15 seconds. No beam prioritization, little need for good positioning, and you get to watch your team die just a little bit slower. Valkyrie is one of the worst designed and most uncreative ultimates in the game. At least with mass res you got to have impact.

I disagree that it’s uncreative. If you look a few comments further up, I posted a link to a thread I made today that has a bunch of videos of me using Valkyrie in it. Take a look if you want to see what I mean. I think Valkyrie provides a great opportunity for creativity.

I play Mercy, I don’t need to watch someone else use Valk to know how unfun and unimpactful it is.

Yes. That doesn’t make them equal.

It makes Bieber better. And no, I’m not saying that just to say it. I know he’s a drunk driver and all but at least he probably has more progressive views since he’s a product of the 21st c