A More Nuanced Take on MMR Bashing

There have been probably over 10,000 people (really) who have reported this same thing happening to them. The matchmaker is completely broken and the people coding it have no idea how to fix it. Because they don’t know how to create a fair matchmaker, instead they just threw in some code that says “when they’re below a 50/50 win ratio then put em on a win streak, when above, then put em on a lose streak.” That way, they can take a report to their boss and say “see, most people have a 50/50 win ratio so I’m doing a good job” and apparently the management eats it up.

Stop playing, it’s broken and will never be fixed until blizzard cleans house of their current programmers and managers.

3 Likes

Simple solution, if you don’t enjoy the game and want to blame everything for your own skill then just stop playing TeamBased games!
Maybe you should take your own advice to heart?

1 Like

I stopped playing this awful game over a year ago. Also, it’s not team based games, it’s games with blizzard matchmaking specifically ones programmed by the same person. Easy.

1 Like

Maybe you should stop making assumptions about people? Maybe he’s already stopped playing? (He has)

:smirk_cat:

That’s your opinion, I am glad you did it =]

Mind naming those other games?

1 Like

Using too much logic and game sense my guy. We don’t like that here on the forums.

4 Likes

Valorant and Apex, I play at the highest ranks and have never been on a massive loss streak, EVER. Not once, not even once. Even in modern warfare and call of duty (Blizzard Activision) I have never been on quite the loss streaks I’ve seen in Overwatch. I have been on massive loss streaks in Overwatch ranked probably 200 different occasions as have thousands of other people.

“blaming everyone for your own skill” is the excuse programmers make to management to hide their inadequacies to resolve problems, it’s actually THEM who are blaming others when it’s actually their lack of skill (programming).

1 Like

Mind posting evidence of the ranks? :thinking:

1 Like

MMR is a handicapping system designed for individual players. The problem is OW isn’t chess, it’s a TEAM game. They have NO ALGORITHM WHATSOEVER for team composition. They just average MMR and move on.

2 Likes