A message to the community about the forums

I see a lot of people, and I shan’t name names, that make it their sole purpose on the forums to go around and spread hate, misinformation and toxicity in Mercy threads. I understand that people may call me hypocritical, as for the most part I only respond to Mercy threads in defence of Mercy and her current state, but I’m doing it in a way that is constructive and I’m always open to discussion/opposing opinions. I dunno man, spread love, not hate, that’s what I’m getting at I guess <3 x

1 Like

XD, you should actually try to give constructive advice to other threads uwu, if not people would just start telling you that you are part of a “cult”… It’s pretty how a lot of Anti Mercy Mains say that Mercy Mains have a cult xD
Edit: Still spread love my dude <3

I mean… The community is what’s wrong.
Bastion needs a buff.
O0f

2 Likes

Beware! People will come and say to you that he is OP O_o!

what rank are they in bronze?

1 Like

I actually thought so, but lower brackets actually think he is UP too o_O, they are just certain people in different ranks.

1 Like

I would give constructive advice in other threads but I just feel like it’s not really my place, unless it was maybe about Moira. I have a lot of Mercy experience under my belt so I feel like my feedback is coming from a good foundation. I also contribute a lot of advice to Mercy threads because it’s an issue I’m really passionate about. If that makes me look like a “cult member” then so be it but I can’t recall taking part in the initiation lol.

1 Like

XD, good luck my friend might see you in the “reunion of the cult” ( in another Mercy thread).

I’ve been on this forums since closed beta and i’ve been a member of forums on other stuff for years and i personally see no difference whatsoever, it’s the same as it has always been, could it be a bit worse for a number of specific reasons? Possibly but in general i don’t feel a big change. It’s jus the nature of people, first of all these forums are for people to express their opinion, and happy people don’t have much to say as they are playing the game, so that leaves us with the people that have a complain about the game and want to express that.

Then, we get those who don’t agree with those complains and express that too, and there’s where the “problem” usually begins as people’s opinions collide and since there is nothing they can do to change the other one’s opinions, usually it comes down to insults or some sort of aggression be it direct or passive aggressive ones.

I don’t remember the last time someone said something like “you know what, i think you might be right, and i was wrong” and everyone kept their cool, because there is no such thing as being wrong, everyone is always right so it’s very difficult to have anything other than conflict in a place like this. But that is fine in general, the only thing that matters to Blizzard is what is being talked about in general, they don’t read the whole of the threads, they just keep tabs on what is being discussed and what are the overall issues that people find with the game, and since it’s beneficial to them to keep the majority happy then they will act accordingly. Another problem with that is that those who are left unhappy due to their actions will keep complaining about whatever they perceive to be wrong with the game and that makes it hard for Blizzard to come to the forums more often and say anything as they will be met with negativity most of the time.

Actually, I find them different, they were people that actually accepted that they were wrong, and yes, there were people with destructive arguments, but there were less. Now I just see a lot of them with a few exceptions. It might be because our different experiences but I don’t know.

It could be, it’s certainly possible that we have had different experiences. But in any case, we are doing exactly what i said happens, we have different opinions and perspectives and we are arguing about it and i don’t think there is anything i can say that will convince you that your perspective is mistaken and vice versa. I doubt we will come to insult or troll each other or something like that since this is not such a sensitive matter, but regardless, this is basically what happens, different people have different perspectives of things and more often than not that leads to no good, i mean just look at human history in general including these days and you might see why i say what i say.

The thing is that there is no problem with been in disagreement with such complaints as long as you argument it, the problem is people attacking the ones that make the thread (happy threads or a complaining threads) and the participants of it.

Also, I understand this, but there should be a way to punish more this people and actually a way to block them, toxic people just means bad things.

It makes me wonder if Blizz is ever going to apologize and finally do some damage control or otherwise watch it all blow over.

Overwatch has made more than its share and can survive off Esports now entirely. Which is a big reason why many hate it and the company has even confessed switching focus from the game to production of their OWL.

Which is quite sad in my opinion meaning they have decided to settle with the current game state and add little changes here in there after secessions of long lengthy periods of absolutely nothing.

So in a sense I believe we have every right to be mad. And as a company they have a responsibility to their customers and consumers to provide the very best they can. Yet we as a community cannot decide to punish thr company for their apparant cardinal sins against gamers or to praise them and keep feeding their lazy greedy habits.

They are a company first no matter what they say. If they cannot pay off their employees and bring something back to Blizz HQ in profit gain then they cannot continue developing the game. So its no surprise that money is the goal of their agenda.

It always has been. So the only way they will listen and change is when they see their profits change. Meaning we as a community need to show backlash just not by making feedback threads but by making theur numbers drop to where it would get their attention.

As of right now they can sit comfortably anf ignore everything while still making a decent paycheck. Who knows maybe they’re still raking in millions of dough due to lootboxes or ingame gambling as it has been labeled and these overpriced bundles of nothing.

As people would advise in an abusive relationship “You don’t feed the abuse. You leave it and let it figure itself out.”

Yet here we are supporting something that doesn’t seem to want to change for the players.

Due to the forced positivity it smokescreens the need for improvement. So in business logic “Why change what doesn’t need to be fixed? The players are still happy.”

1 Like

Yes, but that is where Blizzard’s job begins and ours end. It is their job to regulate the forums, and some might say that they don’t do the best of jobs, but then again that is also an opinion, in the end it’s their forums and their game and they can do whatever they want with both. Also yes, there is no problem with being in disagreement with another person, but more often than not people can’t handle someone else telling them that they are wrong, that’s just how it is, sure not everyone is like that but in MY experience, most people ARE like that and so this opinion wars happen.

Like i was saying, that is Blizzard’s job, we can’t do much about it other than report those who we believe are toxic, but judging by how much passive aggressiveness there is in the forums well, they just let it slide, it’s ok to be a dick to others, as long as you are polite about it, that is Blizzard’s message in this forums by allowing that kind of behavior, at least in MY opinion.

2 Likes

Damn I’m popular, two topics and a video just for me? :blush:

IMO they do this because as a company it’s just the best thing that they can do, even if some people don’t agree, as long as they are making money it’s good. And don’t get me wrong i’m not saying that Blizzard only cares about money, as a musician i know that it does take passion to do artistic endeavors and the levels of quality that Blizzard is capable of producing does not come from cold businessmen, it comes from people who truly want to do something great and are passionate about it. However, both things aren’t mutually exclusive, it’s stil la business and they need to see to their needs as a company, they do have to pay thosands of people for their jobs and keep their services going, it’s not all just for free and maintaning a succesful eSport has been proven to be good for the business part of things, just look at LoL, or DOTA, or CS, or any other game wit ha big eSport’s scene, the reason they have longevity is because of their eSports, simple as that.

Yeah i agree with this, and it is why it does NOT happen. Lets face it, the forums are just a part of the community but it’s not even the biggest. I’ve always felt like there is a big disconnect between what the forums say and what people in game feel, i’ve been asking people in game for a long time what they think about the state of the game and most people think it’s fine, even the Brig situation is night and day between the in game and the forums, i kid you not, most people that i ask in game about Brig think she is fine, some even think she is underpowered. So what i mean is that lets not assume that the forums are the be all of what people are thinking and feeling in general about the state of the game, there is a LOT of people out there who are involved in the game and don’t engage in the forums, or are aware of all the negativity that goes around here.

2 Likes

Okay, then we actually have different experiences xD, most people that I encounter just complains about her saying that she is OP lmao
But yeah I agree with your point, the forums are just a part of the community, not the majority.

1 Like

IF what you say it’s true, then it will just fall into Blizzard to see what the majority of people say, and decide what they think it’s best for the game. But whatever they end up doing, i can almost guarantee that the complaining will not stop, it will NEVER stop adn the forums will never change, i’ve learned that by now. They can’t please everyone and people will always have different opinions and perspectives on the game and those opinions will eventually clash in the forums, and people will always accuse Blizzard of this or that because of this.

1 Like

Yup, I have met people saying that Mei is OP lmao

1 Like

I’ve talked about the state of Mercy for months on the forums, trying to explain why she’s not what people portray her to be, it never worked, people never listen and they always are agressive towards me, tossing my opinion aside and calling me a troll or something else.

I give up trying to explain, I make one joke and you’re treating me like the devil, you go out of your way to make me look bad but I’m the troll who’s here to annoy people? at least you’re consistent.

Honestly I’m not even mad, you’re entilted to your opinion but stop spreading misinformation.