šŸ“‹ A Manuscript of Changes I want to see added to Improve the Overall Health of the Game and it's Community

Iā€™m strongly against this. Tracer is one of the hardest characters to play with, if you see pro players baiting the heck out of the players itself by dancing around them and using all their 3 blinks, is because they have practiced enough to be able to handle the speed. This will only kill many strategies that contributes in making her a beautiful character to master.

And, as a Mercy main, allow me to give my personal veredict:

Seems pretty good. Though the damage buff seems a little bit extreme, I really dig these changes, more healing for less damage boost.

Huhā€¦ Iā€™ll save myself for the bot notes.

Hey, this is actually a really good idea :open_mouth:

I love it. I just love it, this couldnā€™t be any more perfect, this is exactly what Iā€™ve been proposing, but even better. Youā€™re my hero.

Agree, definitively I feel her underwhelming on that aspect. All these changes have been promoting an extremely intense and agressive playstyle that justā€¦ isnā€™t Mercy. I still love to play her, but I miss when I had the power to actively change something, instead of just being there healing everybody within the range at the same time. Itā€™s outraging to see what she has become, though I still love her, of course, but Iā€™m not blind, and these changes only hurted her and her identity.

I C O U L D N T H A V E S A I D I T B E T T E R

I couldnā€™t agree anymory on this one. Itā€™s jsut perfect, I have nothing to add, itā€™s perfect as itā€™s exposed.

This is what I wanted to talk about. Iā€™llā€™ve to take part of the responsability: Due to the growing agressivity required to play Mercy, I had to get really into the teamfights and start spamming that thing to stay alive while ulting, because Mercyā€™s anything but unkillable while in Valkyre, anything but unkillable. Itā€™s extremely slow and straightfoward, in a bad way. Itā€™s really useful to increase my survability, and gives the fights an air of intensity, that I really liked.
Though, if I have to be fair with everyone, when Iā€™m being focused, the damage just wonā€™t stop unless I fly far away from my team to some random character outside of the formation, therefore getting me killed. I believe GA is on a really good spot right now, itā€™s extremely useful and itā€™s Mercyā€™s main ability. I donā€™t think it needs any changes, by any means.

Well, I really dig these changes, these seems really fun to play with and against, though the new E seems questionable, also looks really interesting and Iā€™d love to see it working out before saying anything, because it has really a lot of potential.

Wow, I thought I was going to hate this. I am pleased to be wrong. I would add ā€œMMR reset every 18 monthsā€, personally, but otherwise Iā€™m seeing a lot I like.

3 Likes

i have a problem with ALOT of the balance changes here.
most are probably bias as you are a bastion, phara main.
the sniper hate is big, the widow nerf would kill her, you would need to amp the hs crits to 3.0 or 3.5 so she can do 300 damage per hs.
the sniper hate even leaks into the maps, as most of the changes are made to give less spots to snipers(which arent many). you are killing long range characters. thats not right.
the sombra change is basically turning her into spy. the anti-spy check system you devoloped is really not going to make a difference. people will just spam till they get the hitmark and then aim in the general location where the hit was registered. making her gun projectile wont make her more skilled, it really will break her as she needs to secure kills quickly. why pick sombra when you could just pick tracer? ye are taking too many utility from sombra, like the meds hack, separating hack in to two, and others. i understand you dont like the tp style play. she pokes, tps and repeats till ult. yes thats unfun to play against, but if you take this away she becomes a sitting duck waiting to get two shotted by zen.
the brig situation is strange, but its because it could be better explained. the cone thing really confused me and many others. care to elaborate more? taking the whip is a mistake, but what you did with the bash is good on the ability removal, just lower the damage, if she has too much utility on the bash she will basically control the game.
the only good ana change that i see is the reduction on the heals that her ult deals. 300 is too much, 150 is good enough. we have to remember that she can just nade before ulting.
dva is fine and balanced. no needs for buffs or nerfs. just leave her as she is now.
the hanzo thing i agree, but it shows some of the sniper hate bias you contain.
taking junks second mine is a GREAT MISTAKE, he needs it. the falloff thing you did is great and so is the tire ult charge.
no need for buffing lucio with an exeption of the sphere thing, make it a cylinder like you said and hes fine.
anything to deadeye is a win, the most vulnerable thing is great.
mercy, mercy, mercyā€¦ she needs everything minus the GA nerf, thats one of her best parts and it should be kept as it is. the dmg boost im neutral.
the orisa fortify is great in the way you designed and the halt picking bastion up is good(even if i hate it as a bastion main, i understand the importance of the halting sentry thing).
soā€¦ muchā€¦ pharaā€¦ biasā€¦
the hover jets thing is cool but whatever tbh. it still will take away too much of the skill that composes the jets, so i dont think im on to this. the superhero anding is unnecessary and is not that great either, as she should spend most of her time in the air. the rest im cool with it.
anything to shadow step is acceptable.
no no no no and hell no. those changes to rein are horrible. he should do 75 damage per swing. if ye die to that then im sorry but you deserved.
the charge should be 245 in the minimal and even then its bad. the rein commits too much and puts him self in a dangerous spot that could end up in the team losing the team fight. keep it at 300(i see your bastion bias from brazil buddy).
that whole hog change is feelsgoodman. thats my take.
sym should just get a soft lock on like moira and a faster teleporter. thats it.
this overload buff is strange. just leave it as it is.
i hate tracers, but holy damn is this not good. she is balanced now. we dont need to nerf her more(again, can smell that robot bias from countrys away).
hammond needs the adaptive shields at ball form without having to get out of it, but he should ungrapple when he applys it. thats the only change he needs. the mine fields are not supposed to be a death camp, its just to zone and it does its job pretty well already.
the discord orb nerf is not needed. zen is balanced.
this and the dmg boost change are a part of the sniper hate and the bastion - phara bias as they help melt down these heroes and boost the strenght of a sniper.
phar, i dont hate you or despise your balancing ideas. i just dont think they will do the game good balance wise. thus here is my critics about them.
lower the sniper hate. i know as a phara main it sucks to get one-shotted out of the sky or spammed by a hanzo from the other side of the map as a bastion, but you need to understand that they are a big and important part of the game. so is tracer, and genji, and doomfist, and brig, and many others.
hope you understand my points and critcs.
im gonna post a separate comment from this one talking about th game changes very soon. im kind tired of writting this and will do it separate because they are very different topics.
will do a maps after the game reowrks.
good luck with this thread friend, and may the cult of ganymede prosper in the light of our dear lord and saviour, bastion unit E-54

Ok, I finally finished reading this. Iā€™ve got to admit that Iā€™m really impressive, I write, not for a living but for hobby, and this is longer than most of my sketches, itā€™s amazing and so enriching to read :heart: And I also admire the amount of work that went into this, it really shows how dead Overwatch actually is and how ā€œlostā€ the community actually is.

About the content itself, Iā€™m strongly against some changes, but I do support the absolute majority of your proposition, they are just wonderfully exposed and so well extrablished that itā€™s just impossible to be against.
Though that only makes sadder tha fact that Blizzard wonā€™t listen to this, not because itā€™s too long, but because itā€™s not what they are looking for the game, regardless of what the community wants. I swear I would love and I would go through ice and fire to see these changes, all of them, actually on the game, I storngly believe they can to an unmatched good to the game as a whole (Though some changes shines through their absence, and Iā€™m still 1000% against taking away the second mine to Junkrat), itā€™s sadly not going to happen, Blizzard have to forums just to give people the falsa idea of having a voice, though itā€™s not heard at all and it always reduces to ā€œWe answer complaints about the report systemā€ and thatā€™s about it.
The Mercy changes are amazing but the GA should remain untouched.

2 Likes

Charging with Reinhardt is your quickest way to get back to spawn nowadays, Reaper can wraith to prevent the Charge and Bastion will tear you apart before you get to him even with a Zarya bubble.

because you buffed her offensive capabilities massively, sheā€™s still self healing, she still has her shield to block damage, the hp and self heal nerf might as well not exist they matter so little in a combat situation where you can deal 155 damage before the enemy is even allowed to attack you back

And I understand your intent behind those changes, but you gave her such massive buffs to her damage capabilities it only affects her playstyle in a teamfight and in a teamfight she has her fellow healer to cover her weakness, I get your intent, its just that with the changes you made thatā€™s not whatā€™s going to happen

1 Like

I noticed you suggested changes here but seen you like posts that state that sheā€™s fine right now:

https://gyazo.com/6d7f955210a4cb427c65189ce05c4cd5

So Iā€™m curious, do you think sheā€™s fine or not? And if you do, why did you suggest changes in your OP?

Because what I wrote above is in a vacuum. All these changes would either happen all at once or very shortly together.

The same contradiction is seen with Zen. I do believe he is fine to play as, against, and with, but for the overall heath of this game I feel discord needs to be toned back.

As for Mercy, itā€™s because the people pushing for changes ignore the data readily available for her. She is fine. She is balanced. Fun is completely subjective, but if I had to improve her the way I saw fit this game best along with all of the other changes then this is what I would do to her.

I hope that makes sense.

Her healing via inspire when dealing damage was nerfed though.

Kinda the point of a barrier.

Who says they donā€™t matter? Her healing amount (almost 8000) is split between her repair pack and her passive. Her passive is what gives her the power to roll people.

News flash, her bash damage was gutted.

Yes in the current patch, in your patch you increased its damage to 75, increased the stun duration to 1.25 secones and increased flail damage by 5, in the time of the stun she can hit twice and deal 80 damage, 80+75=155, how have you not seen that you brought it back yet?!

Yep and I acknowledge right after I say she still has her barrier to block the damage intake

In most situations in the game especially one where you have another healer, they donā€™t matter

Not when you give her back the 155 damage combo now thats gonna be whats rolling people