šŸ“‹ A Manuscript of Changes I want to see added to Improve the Overall Health of the Game and it's Community

Pro tip: 10,000 words cannot be contained in a spoiler that no one will click on.

Because most are geared towards being neutral, whereas my hero balance ideas are more controversial because there is more room for error.

Insert screenshot of the MBT#2 still being on the front page

1 Like

Warning this is only a first impression after reading the thread for the 2nd time. May also include a touch of rat rage.

One of the things that keeps a good rat alive is having some form of high mobility it was a good move in my opinion when junkrat was given the second mine

reduce the damage down to zero if needed but it would be disastrous nerf to remove the second mine.

1 Like

I have always been of the impression that the trapā€™s damage should be raised while the mineā€™s should be lowered.

Still allowing for Trap/Mine comboā€™s, but in a different way.

(PS Still have not fully read the threadā€¦ Get back to you later. Also iā€™m not a junk main.)

3 Likes

Break it up into multiple spoiler functions under each subject item. If someone isnā€™t going to click on it, they werenā€™t going to read the thread anyway most likely. The text wall is monstrous.

For instance

Ana

Here you can talk about your Ana nerfs

Bastion

And here you can talk about your Bastion buffs

Organization

And your thread will generally be cleaner looking and more palatable. Just friendly advice

I agree with Pharah on this, People can and will willingly ignore a closed book, while an open page begs to be read.

1 Like

But the problem is it made him too oppressive. Currently, he suffers from being unreliable because of that second mine.

This boils down to him just spamming until he gets his ult, and then ulting to finally secure kills.

Fundamentally, his second mine made him far weaker than he was before because it costed him his kill potential.

Iā€™m very well aware of the usage of spoilers, as I was familer with Discourse long before the OW forums converted to it.

Itā€™s just that I specifically chose to not use it.

The walls of text are monstrous, but thatā€™s because each one is itā€™s own thread, and thus the workaround is Ctrl+F.

1 Like

I congratulate you on such a fleshed out post.

And while I donā€™t agree with your direction on some of the balance changes, I do appreciate you taking time out to make it.

Edit: Map Maker yes pls :heart:

7 Likes

With so many trash posts on this forum, itā€™s refreshing to read something with substance from someone that seems to genuinely want to improve the game and not just have their own mains buffed.

Well done, OP. I will read as much as I can!

3 Likes

I do not like the balance changes. Tracer, Ana and Symmetraā€™s changes donā€™t seem to actually make sense from a gameplay perspective and almost seem to be changes for the sake of change.

For Sym, remember, one of the advertised uses of the TP was to in fact counter grav so removing the ability to place it during grav is justā€¦ well, no. And nerfing her secondary which is already ā€œreasonably goodā€ to do HALF dps? Her secondary fire is effectively already slow Pharah rockets that shoot less frequently. Shortening range on primary to give it lock-on? You would absolutely gut the character with these changes. Sheā€™s already given flak for taking a DPS slot due to lack of consistent damage and you want to severely nerf the closest thing she has to consistent damage.

Look, I get you want a balanced game and are coming from good intentions, but these balance suggestions show a staggering lack of understanding of the key issues surrounding unbalanced characters. There are way too many issues with your proposed changes for me to address them all.

6 Likes

You say as you buff her offensive elements and nerf her defensive ones, like literally the only defensive change you made was repair pack activates inspire and can be used while barrier is up, but at the same time you nerf repair pack inspire barrier and hp all her defensive side, and than you go on to buff the damage of her primary fire and shield bash

You say as you nerf her ability to be a deterrent massively and remove the ability that allows her to somewhat play from the backline, are you sure this was your goal?

itā€™s already plenty effective against her, this change makes it so the heroes without burst damage are better against her

Iā€™m convinced you made this before making the actual changes to Brigitte now considering her damage was not nerfed anywhere just buffed

2 Likes

i donā€™t have time nor desire to go in depth why i donā€™t like proposed balance changes (why make rein V mei/doom/reaper even harder for rein when he already is not favoured in the matchup???), but i will say that hollywood elevators were a mistake and no, we donā€™t need them anywhere else (imo they should be removed from hollywood too)

For Sombra, oh my god no. Her pickrate is already one of the lowest, getting rid of translocator and butchering her gun is not going to help her.

2 Likes

Ok, I finished reading through everything, and hereā€™s my opinions

With the exception of 1-H, I think all of these sound like great changes that should be added for sure, my gripe with 1-H is that Shields are supposed to be the first link of defense because they either decay and disappear even if not damaged, or regenerate after being damaged, theyā€™re designed to be the first line and if you make it so temporary armor goes over both types of shields, itā€™s just a no go for me, now if it just went over permanent shield hp I would definitely be more inclined to accept the change

Iā€™m gonna be honest, for many of these it seemed like you had an idea of where you wanted to go, and wrote out that idea, but than when you actually went to make the balance changes, you had other ideas, main case in point the Brigitte changes seemed like you wrote that huge paragraph below it before you made the changes and the changes you did make seemed to contradict the idea you had when making it, thereā€™s also many changes I felt were unnecessary nerfing or buffing, some examples of this are

Massive buff that seems unnecessary

Overnerf if your reducing his damage, also you clearly changed your mind on the damage you want the arrow to do

Seemed like an unnecessary nerf combined with a buff that wonā€™t come into effect often, imo if you wanted to remove the second mine you should have removed the falloff which was added because he had 2 mines

A whole bunch of buffs that Lucio who is a pretty balanced character doesnā€™t need this many buffs

These 2 seem like nerfs for the sake of nerfs and not actual balance

and this one, well lets just say sheā€™s worse hanzo now, not even able to one shot 250 hp characters and with a slower shot charge speed than him with a pitiful mine change that wonā€™t come into effect often enough to justify, Iā€™d say the only really positive change that would actually help widow would be her smg spread change but that just serves to reduce her weakness as a sniper, which is where I personally feel the change adding reverse falloff to storm arrows came from really

Not touching these unnecessary changes with a 10 meter pole

a bunch of nerfs with a few buffs most going to her teleporter which got a massive nerf in the process

These changes really show your hate for snipers, practically nerfing them with how often you make changes to maps just because snipers are good there and no other real reason, it just oozes bias

9 Likes

This was an interested read. You definitely put a lot of effort in it, and the changes you suggest are done for the sake of the overall game balance.

To be honest, I would love to test the hero changes in the game.

No, you just dont understand the repercussions.

With Ana, it makes it easier to heal allies that arenā€™t tanks, because of the hitbox different.

Overall, it nerfs her ability to pocket tanks.

With Tracer, it gives her counters more room to counter her, since its a nerf to double blinking.

With Sym, its to give her identity back to her.

Youā€™re ignoring the context tho.

She does more damage, but her passive does less healing while she does damage.

You also completely ignored the part where I talked about a new part to her passive.

Because her goal isnā€™t to kill them anymore.

Not when she has a barrier to help her.

You missed the part where I explained the context of her changes.

No offense, but you want to get a point across you need to type less. If you want to make multiple points you need to make multiple threads. Part of writing is maintaining the readerā€™s interest and a big wall of text in a forum will generally drive someone away.

Back in college I wrote a research paper on bows & arrows (focusing on physics, history, and types). My first draft was 22 pages while keeping boring stuff to a minimum. I edited it down to 12 by cutting things out (nobody wants to read 3 pages of aerodynamics when 2 paragraphs adequately gets the concept across) nor should I talk about how recurves were developed for different reasons by different people around the world at interesting times.

Thing is that if youā€™re looking for a people to read it and discuss you might want to think about shortening it to a few similar points, and organize the rest into other threads.

1 Like

I take offence to this exact statement.

In no way should less text mean a better point.

When a lot has to be said, then a lot will be written.

4 Likes

You need to add more of these

For Each Section and Character

That way the wall of text wonā€™t bother that much people and people get to read the sections for characters they wanna look at. Also it makes the post a lot smaller.

1 Like

Well no, it wouldnā€™t be a better point, it would just be easier to read and easier to get across

1 Like

Yes but your goal was for her to play defensive, and yet you buffed her offensive capabilities

That was more out of confusion than anything, for instance, how big is the cone does it stack with her deal damage inspire, does it heal Brigitte too, there just didnā€™t seem to be enough information associated with this part of the passive for me to give a definitive response on

You say that but you bring back the 155 damage combo which was just removed, which is one of the reason I think you wrote that huge paragraph below it before making the changes and than just went the complete otherway for quite a few of them

Which the burst damage heroes can get through unless you mean the snipers, both of which you nerfed their shield bust capabilities, otherwise burst damage heroes like Junkrat Pharah and the rest can already get through her barrier easily and kill her, itā€™s a nerf for the sake of a non burst heroes, not burst heroes like you said