A Manual Action (Suspension/Ban) Wave for Gameplay Sabotage was just issued

Exactly. It’s really really dumb. You waste more time throwing than trying.

Yeah, if they tell us they don’t have enough ‘manpower’ for an actual human moderation team or review process, why should I think that their ‘We’re looking for a hot second guys, no really!’ sentiment is going to be worth anything?

At best they won’t have enough eyeballs to catch everything, and it will be a temporary measure that eventually fades away, letting the throwing behavior return.

At worst it’s a lie and they’re not actually doing anything, they’re just SAYING they’re really looking now, honest, so don’t cheat guys! For serious!!! - I mean, I just don’t know which one it is TBH.

They say they can’t manage the whole game and all it’s problems and that I have unreasonable expectations if I think they should. Now they want me to have faith that they’re doing the thing they told me the whole time they couldn’t do?

Mkay.

that’s just MARKETING and doesn’t mean anything to me.

1 Like

There are millions of games played every day, the risk of getting caught by a manual ban is so miniscule that the chance is as high that you will win the lottery.
Ridicilous effort that will do nothing.

1 Like

lol they’re not going to stop everyone from doing it, because this is a terribly designed bandaid system, that is designed to cover up the previous bandaid of 2-2-2 role lock, which was added because devs can’t balance the game properly.

Just digging a deeper hole for themselves, but they’re too proud to admit it. Honestly frustrating to see.

3 Likes

Well, they don’t have to really play the game. Moving around a little, emoting a little bit, feeding into the enemy, jumping of the cliff all 30 secs. They could read, watch TV, checking the phone or watch something on the second monitor. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ya, they had to do 2-2-2 because they stupidly enough released a raid-boss level hero (Brigitte if anyone is in doubt) and afterwards refused to admit their own mistake and simply pull the hero again.
It is hard to believe that there are professional game designers behind this mess.

You can much more easily do any of those things while just waiting in a 2-3 minute longer DPS queue. Unless you actually get enjoyment from throwing, there’s literally no benefit in doing it for priority passes. You waste more of your time and risk account ban.

On the other hand, with a win 6 passes adds up to more time saved in queue than you spent in your 1 flex game.

I mean, it is more of a gamble than a prediction as for that moment, but yeah, it’s unlikely for blizz to hand out less than 1 pass for each loss, and therefore anyone with queue time on dps role longer than 8 min will have incentive to throw.

With current 2 passes per loss…people with 6 min queue time can go throw and technically reduce their queue time on dps as well.

I will go with that. :sweat_smile:

To be fair, I encounterd very few in the last 8 days who I would call that kind of a thrower. :grimacing:

but i thought no one was throwing on the flex queue according to the forum here i’m confused now /s

I haven’t seen a single person in dozens of games.

For them they do it because It’s not about how much time they wasted to get the passes… they are killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

(They were already going to throw to bronze/silver) because Smurf’s want to play in low ranks to ruin low rank games… But now they get dps passes (or tickets in general) while they throw to bronze/silver

In their mind that’s a win/win. So the REAL issue here is that

1. Smurf’s are too easily making new accounts and ranking up to level 25.

2. They aren’t getting caught quick enough or at all for throwing down to bronze/silver in general.

3. The mentality of which bliz says they will eventually rank out of silver/gold and be in masters or wherever they belong and the matchmaking will take care of that isn’t true! …because when they reach platinum they will surely throw back down to bronze/silver.

So unless this gets addressed seriously and aggressively by bliz then we are fighting a losing battle. We need solutions to the smurfing problem this is the main cause of all matchmaking problems and out of whack lob sided games! I assure everyone.

Maybe they have learnt a thing or two and applied it too their ban-algorithm.

Maybe… :sweat_smile:

I figure the people throwing early on are mostly ‘protesting’ and it will get out of the system pretty soon.

Honestly this was expected. Look at who this system was primarily put in place for. Look at how stubborn they are as well.

Lets make a big flawed feature, release it, put it on live and ban ppl for using it for their benefit, cause “not intended” is our dev’s best excuse lul. I would ban devs for couple month in terms of their sallary for bad job instead of banning players who will obviousely get into this flaw. Look there is an actual way to short your q time w/o any effort, but don’t use it pls! Nice devs.

really? because their post when talking about putting priqueue IN talked about it.

They totally did predict it.

yep

Don’t THROW when using it.

totally different thing.

Are you new here or something? Throwing is LOADS of fun! Especially for the griefer, this ‘priority pass’ system has been in play for close to two weeks now yet…

Bronze/silver ranks are still oblivious to the blatant throwing that is occurring and usually default to blaming DPS for the loss.

They decided to make OW “free” for the holidays. Two whole weeks of unlimited smurfing, alt-account trolling, and honest-to-god new players.

I found that a surprising number of “throwers” are actually new players trying out OW for the first time.

Lots of smurfs too, hell-bent on destroying the game for everyone else.