A huge thank you to the devs

Everyone has a positive winrate? What’s the matter?

1 Like

Never experienced this and my MMR is pretty high. The support tole is now diverse, as it should be. Never seen a single game where someone berated the Mercy for playing Mercy, in fact quite the opposite. Mercy is fine, she is no longer a must-pick in every case, in every situation. Ana is a must pick only in the top 1% where mechanical skill is a must.

Mercy doesn’t require mechanical skill to play. Ana requires very high mechanical skill to be effective.

You cannot have a hero that requires no mechanical skill whatsoever have the same (or actually higher) output as a hero that requires quite a lot of mechanical skill. That is poor balancing, the latest changes address that and in the right direction.

What would be the point to pick up a hard mechanically skillful hero when you have a character that does the same or better with no mechanical skill whatsoever?

The balance changes are as it should be.

2 Likes

So as long as Ana is a must pick you are happy, or have you not seen her crazy pickrate?

1 Like

Lets not make this another thread about victimizing Mercy mains.

The support meta is fantastic right now.

Just Mercy is a off healer now, and Ana is a must pick

1 Like

Mercy is not an off healer. Thats just another childish complaint about the hero from the toxic side of her playerbase.

1 Like

Shes only dropped to almost the lowest picked support in the game, and is now easily out healed by almost everyone.

ana is better. by a longshot.

to you, maybe. not to a lot of people, because really, nothing has changed except for mercy being more boring, and brigs existance.

she’s one of 4 heroes with a negative overall winrate, and is 3-4% below the second lowest support.
mercy isnt unplayable, there is just literally 0 reason to pick her.

mercy being a really bad outlier is not a balanced support meta.
nothing about the support meta is balanced, it’s literally ana ana ana ana ana, maybe a moira and lucio/zen/brig

this meta is not as balanced as people seem to think. A lot of heroes are wrecked.

5 Likes

If all the supports have a positive winrate that pretty much just invalidates using winrates, because nearly everyone has it aside from a select few for obvious reasons cough Pharah getting directly nerfed patch after patch

Meanwhile with pickrate if a hero is being used 2x as much as the next there’s a pretty evident problem. When Mercy was like this hell broke loose. Ana? Nobody cares because apparently that’s okay that she’s outshining every other healer due to Nano’s healing creating a near instant fight swing on a low charge.

1 Like

Honestly the way they’ve changed Supports and the way people treat me online when I pick support or tank has made me into the complete one trick Symmetra I am lately so yeah.
Thanks Blizzard.

Maybe if they ever make Mercy fun and engaging again I’ll play her.
Maybe if triple tank ever becomes much more prevalent in my matches, I will use Moira more.
And maybe if they ever make Orisa’s Supercharger better I will play her again.

But until then, if I’m going to be yelled at all the time no matter who I pick I’ll just play Symmetra since I have most fun as her and have been improving my aim as her and carrying with damage and eliminations. So yeah thanks blizzard you’ve made a one trick pony of me wink wink

1 Like

With Moira being stuck in a niche and Mercy being terrible? Ana now rules the sup meta the higher you get and soon enough we will get complaints about that. Then they will most likely nerf Ana because her stats are to good.
So no if we want a better sup meta Moira needs to get out of her niche a bit more and Mercy needs help to make her ultimate impactful and less dependant on rez.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone getting yelled at for playing Mercy…feels like a fallacy.

1 Like

There is no reason to pick Mercy at all, she’s dead weight to a team and Moira is too niche to get real value out of outside of GOATS.

Ana is just better at pretty much everything aside from mobility; heals, damage, AOE, not to mention her ult now works essentially as a preemptive res (that she doesn’t have to be right on top of them to use) to everyone but tanks and also gives them attack boost and damage reduction.

I wouldn’t say support is balanced, I’d just say Ana and Mercy switched places and because of that Ana is going to start getting nerfed again. (Which I really don’t agree with I think she’s fun and I’m glad to see her again but the gap between her and the next healer is massive)

4 Likes

Ana being pretty much a must pick while Mercy has a 48%~ win rate and a negligible ‘on fire’ stat is hardly a great support meta right now. A great support meta would be if every support hero was balanced. Keep dreaming though :slight_smile:, as long as Mercy isn’t domineering anymore it doesn’t matter what state she’s in right? I mean you’d probably still say the support meta is fantastic if Mercy had 10HP/sec healing or something ridiculously absurd? :rofl:

Quite a biased opinion in your final sentence. Many Mercy mains I’m sure would be happy if Mercy was engaging, not overpowered and balanced like most of the other support healers appear to be. Just because one hero took the spotlight for a long time thanks to a terribly planned and designed rework doesn’t mean that another hero can then acceptably take the spotlight for a while. All support heroes should be balanced, not one pretty much having a must pick status and then that status is handed over to another hero.

6 Likes

Made my day 10000/10

I dont know
The off-supports have their spot in the game. You can pick Brig, Lucio and Zen in a lot of situations, it depends a lot on personal prefernce and what the enemy is running
As for the main-supports, I honestly dont want Moira to be buffed or Ana to be nerfed. The reason why Moira isnt picked often right now is because Ana counters Moira. Nade makes Moira completly obsolete for 4? 5? seconds

Its funny but a lot of people knew that nerfing Mercys HPS will break her … and now shes broken. I do hope Blizzard knew that and just wanted to put an end to Mercy being meta while working on another major rework for her ~
Right now, Mercy doesnt have enough HPS to keep her team alive DURING a fight (no point in using her as a main healer) and doesnt offer proper utility to help her team out DURING a fight (no point in using her as an offhealer). She just feels like a weaker version of Moira

1 Like

oh no you said mercy isn’t uber trash pick, mercy mains are gonna skin you alive.
Jokes aside, i do thik mercy needs a small tweak. I’d be happy with 60 hps during valk only.
Aside from that, she has her uses and comps she shines with, she’s just not the “pick or lose” that works any comp any time.
And it’s not like there aren’t healers mercy mains can’t play. Moira doesn’t require aim and Brig doesn’t require aim (and is the most meta).
When one main tank is out of meta i have other two i can play. Why can’t mercy mains do the same?

this is so wrong but it made me laugh. ty for that

Mercy is more balanced than before but still needs to be looked at lol

Everything but you are screaming quite the opposite. Mercy is so weak that even Ana can outperform her both as burst (as she should) and consistent support (shouldn’t). She only works if you don’t have anyone who know how to play a support because valk makes her free to play/master. Otherwise, she only works for pocketing/chasing Pharah/Widow. Her healing is trash, she is not really mobile thanks to her E rez, she can’t do anything relevant during the game and she only rewards bad game from everybody now. Her focus now is dps and rez, everything that Blizz never wanted for her, as they stated. Even the pros are saying that. Current Mercy is trash and bad design.

Oh, and yeah, supports are balanced… with the only exception that if you check statistics, Mercy is a trol pick in so many ranks and Ana is mandatory with the highest pick/winrate by far. Also, we have once more a hero pool of only two main supports, because Mercy is dead as a main support, she is now a cheap but weak off support with the most unfun to play E ability and ult in the game by far, two mistakes from the darkest and earliest past.

Summing up. Maybe the devs are done with nerfing Mercy, but they’ve killed her. Her revert is the worst thing has ever happened to the game, and she must be reworked for good once more, exactly as it happened during the alpha days, where this spawn belongs.

She is an off support right now because she can’t heal her team anymore. She is outdamaged by absolutely everything, so the best way now to heal certain characters like tough tanks is letting them to die next to a wall or a corner.

“Oh, but she has her valk (her ez mode pro simulator)!” you’ll say. Well, I’m afraid that Lucio’s amp it up can’t heal his team properly, just help a bit, that’s why he is an off support. Mercy’s valk only deals 3 hp/s more healing than Lucio’s amp it up but from the far, very far from the battlefront (utterly unengaging) and for extended time, son you don’t even have to time it.

This argument is already boring. So… there weren’t complains about Mercy being unfun to play but overwhelmigly op during this last year? There weren’t like 10 megathreads filled of complains about the Mercy’s revert (yes, revert, not rework, valk, stationary rez and current healing belong to Mercy’s past, we are only going backwards with her, never forward) and how it was going in the wrong direction? There weren’t lot of complains about how people prefered a balanced, even underpowered but fun Mercy over an op but unfun one? There weren’t Mercy mains stating how much they hated their own character since the rework and saying that she wasn’t Mercy anymore? I’m sorry, but if this is the case, you should land on Earth because you are heavily missinformed.

I’m sure you would be surprised about how many Mercy mains would answer to you to this question the second option:

Question: What kind of Mercy you prefer?
1- Overpowered but unfun
2- Underpowered but fun

Fyi, current Mercy is both underpowered AND unfun. Overpowered and fun… maybe 2.0 valk just for somepeople (not my case), but everyone knew that that was ridiculous and needed nerfs.

Interesting, now read your own last sentences. It seems at very least you hate her players.

Sorry, but that’s not very polite coming from someone who doesn’t hate Mercy. You should notice that the Mercy players, many of them NEVER wanted her revert, nor anyone of the changes she received after it. Yes, she maybe needed some changes, but that wasn’t what she needed. She never deserved to be reverted back to her alpha state, the worst one she ever had. No, people don’t want to be “gods” nor “saviors” nor nothing, it’s just that Blizz destroyed that specific character, and I can bet something that anyone could be the same upset if their favourite character, and themselves as part of the community, would have had the same treatment for such a long time.

She isn’t balanced and she will never be as long as her ult is valk and her E ability is rez. They are two terrible mistakes from alpha and beta days, and they must return to the past where they belong. Mercy needs her real ult to be her real ult (properly adjusted) and a real E ability as her E ability. She also needs to be once more a strong single target mobile consistent main support focused on (Jeff’s words) healing and mobility instead of a cheap but weak intermittently mobile consistent off support focused on going dps and rezzing. That’s not Mercy.

2 Likes