A Gold Flex player's opinion on Mercy

Mercy is not a main healer, even if she was intended to be so.

But she’s one of the best off-healers. She synergizes so well with DPS that when my friend picks Junk I’ll switch off DPS to damage boost him. She has unique utility through rez (NOT SAYING IT’S OP, IT’S BALANCED AND HARD TO USE)
Even her ult is sorta an off ult (near unstoppable group wide healing or damage,)

she’s perfectly fine balanced, as an off-healer, and in fact SYNERGIZES with Baptiste (rez under immortality field, damage boost stacks, super jump with exo boots, etc etc etc)

I agree with the opinion that she doesn’t play like a conventional main healer.

Though she’s arguably the best healer over time, In my opinion, be it through a revert, a rework, or some more tweaks, I think she can use some improvement to make her more engaging, rewarding, and impactful to play, and have more impact.

I’m interested in seeing what the devs do with her in the coming months. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

the devs aren’t going to do anything because she’s in a fine spot and they don’t want a repeat of season 6

so sorry to tell you

No need to be sorry, the devs have already confirmed that they will look into her, namely with damage boost.

Thanks for sharing your concerns and opinion though! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

5 Likes

It’s good to be positive, but i’ll still keep being negative until the devs has proven me wrong about it.

2 Likes

Yes she is

No she isn’t

Sincerely, a GM support main’s opinion on Mercy

2 Likes

That’s a good mindset to have. It never hurts to have atleast a little bit of skepticism, especially regarding potential Mercy changes.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Yes she is.

She’s not an off-healer.

• another gold flex player’s opinion on mercy
4 Likes

Many of us, myself included, already find that Mercy is engaging, rewarding, and impactful to play in her current state; and ergo, no changes are needed

1 Like

As long as they remove rez, they can do whatever they want with her

I consider rez to be iconic to this character, and as such, I hope it is never removed

I can understand why.
But imo, it’s iconic because it marks the worst memory I have since the beginning of this game. And Mercy still have all those issues because of that ability.

I respectfully disagree

In my opinion, rez is balanced within itself by all of its restrictions and long cooldown.

As such, Its presence in Mercy’s toolkit does not cause any of those other abilities to be any weaker