A cry for help (fps)

This is a cry for help. Literally.
About a few weeks ago (1 or 2), my game (and battle.net) got uninstalled by itselves. I installed the game but since then, my FPS is sooo low. I used to play w 60 FPS, w all the settings on low (my pc is not the best) and now I can’t even reach more than 30/40. The weird thing is that, when i start a first game (right after launching OW) , my fps goes up to like 170 but then it gradually goes down until it stops at 30/40 fps. It’s really frustrating, I watched bunch of videos about “how to increase your fps in OW” but nothing rlly works for me.

Oh and also, i know very very little about computers and all, so yeah

If someone is willing to help or suggest anything, I’m all for it ! I really don’t know what to do anymore lmao

Thank you

Hmm… it sounds like you might be trying to play on a substandard system that does not meet the minimum system requirements but just in case have you worked through these steps? These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD driver for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Please review the known issues thread, since you may be able to solve this before someone can respond.

If you still need help, include a DxDiag (as requested) so members of the community can help you troubleshoot.

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on [Pastebin.com](http://pastebin.com/) and provide the link to it, or the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

While you wait for assistance, I suggest opening the Windows Reliability History tool, which may show you what’s happening in the background to cause any errors.