A brig change: repair pack

Repair Pack mechanics changed twice already, growing more healbot-like each time.

The devs have worse aim than my gold Ana team mates.

I don’t care, it is what it is. Very few aspects of game design or balance are objective.

I stand by what I said, putting more impact on her passive is just making her more of a healbot, something Blizz already did far too much of.

It doesn’t have too.

Mercy used to work as primary healer, now she doesn’t. Devs have no problem with that.

If Brig doesn’t work anymore as primary healer, great, if she does, great too, just keep her interesting and active.

I don’t see how she isn’t interesting and active with the change.

At 4 seconds, she still has the same timing for packs coming back

She is still making the decision to use them.

Still can stack, allowing a lower downtime between when she has to toss em all out, and when she gets a new one while heals are active

And now she’s allowed to be safer while engaged in a fight and more mobile?

It seems better than literally what I have seen complaints about regarding her and her current pack state of two seconds not being enough time to preheal, and not fast enough for burst.

Personally I would rather fight for an off healer brig then work with Blizzard in their ever increasing failed attempts.

1 Like

How can I put this…

My expectations regarding rework reverts have been widdled down to nothing. And I have no interest in fighting them .

Instead, I have accepted the lack or artistic integrity as a capitalistic leech cancer that never will leave . I have accepted the leech and I’m just trying to survive with it

Fight gone. Zombie is here.

That’s why I use salt.

1 Like

It’s all I’m known for…back off :sob::sob:
Let me live

I don’t think I can explain it further. Repair pack is less impactful thus decision making is less impactful. The less bursty and longer you make repair pack, less impactful timing and decision making becomes.

This sounds like it would be a net gain for her even though it’s basically mathematically identical, it gives her a lot more consistency, which she definitely lacks right now.

I don’t consider Zen orbs to not require decision making or to be unenaging. It’s just different

Just varies. If you rely on packs only , it’s a nerf. If you’re consistently engaged, it’s a buff.

Pretty much a buff for anyone who already plays the character well. With consistent longshots you can keep inspire up pretty easily.

Well, yes and no.

It makes her counters much more effective as well, as her burst potential has been essentially gutted.

Example- Winston live has limited options vs a brig pocket. At 70 hps the enemy he singles out is going to be healed faster than his damage even if giving his all.

This is no longer the case. With his jump melees being more effective and her being incapable of outhealing by herself.

Sure make Zen 250 HP with armor and self regen of 10 and a shield and 3 Harmony orbs and 2 CCs and then let’s see how boring he gets when his own survival is much less concerning.

And I said less decision making not zero. You don’t have to get as low as none to be boring.

The last thing this game need is less decision making and more consistency in healing. Healing is far too consistent already.

That said given how adamant devs have been at turning Brig into a walking health pack, you may be on to something here.

I consider tanking a more demanding and expression of skill than healing which is inherently reactionary. Healing unless your sole asset (Moira, Baptiste) is not a pure expression of autonomy by default

Tanking is the most important role skill imo, because the game is about securing space. The devs elected to remove the armor and not shield from brig. That isn’t my choice for their poor choice to hamfist her into a primary healer…but it’s what I got

Sans armor, brig has been given a weird repair pack. Not burst enough to clutch a la Ana . Not consistent enough for many a la mercy or Moira.

Maybe not by balance, but clearly in the “feel” of what players can or can’t do.

This change is designed to make her more engaging and to utilize the skill not held by everyone without just buffing her shield which I don’t think is appropriate for a main healer to begin with

This isn’t meant to be a buff or nerf, just a change to allow her active non cool down ability to be more viable and flexible without giving it more power directly.

I would suggested going back to the drawing board.

I mean…that’s how you got primary healer brig to begin with so…

And two wrongs don’t make a right.

Blizz is already dumbing down Brig own their, there’s no need to help.

I think anything that reinforces tanking on any hero is inherently to make them more difficult as imo, it’s the skill most people lack.

Once again, I’ll gladly trade whatever aspects of the passive AoE healbot power for it.

I reckon Bap and Brig’s AoE will be nerfed next Experimental in fact, given how pro’s reacted to Surefour’s take on the subject.

Ugh don’t remind me of that .
:roll_eyes:
“It’s aoe healing”

No ur just bad. :unamused::unamused:

It totally will result in another change. But imo the “AOE heals” and “stacking heals” are just arguments from people who can’t gather that they aren’t better than their peers. That’s why they are their peers.

But personally, I would rather lose packs altogether and reinforce rein play with inspire, than mercy plays with packs.

Making brig mercy was lowering Brigs skill imo, not having a passive.

They dumbed down Mercy when her decision making became less impactful in favour of hard pocketing playstyle.

It was a mistake then and it’s now as well.

2 Likes