96% of buyers bought OW1 because it wasn't CoD

They completely removed Brigitte’s shield bash, bro… They nerfing CC-s hard.

Maybe it’s cause I never touched any cods, but this still doesn’t look like it to me.

Also, that 96% of buyers are gonna buy the “2” for PvE now.

I usually do it for other side of the fence, but i try to be fair in life.
Where you get this % exactly.
Was there in game survey i know nothing about?

I think Activision publishes both CoD and OW, so no big surprise they are (becoming) very similar in terms of their overall approach and targeted demographic audience.

1 Like

I dont want that

I dont want that

I would like that, if they would not delete my favourite one for next game.

I dont think general playerbase care even what that means tbh, and we yet to see if it will work better for the game.

1 Like
  1. make a innovative and fun game,
  2. make believe that it will have an extended service over time, including with great fanfare also in the system of deductibles for export events emphasized beyond belief
  3. you do not charge for in-game content, such as aesthetics, a typical formula for online competitions, but choose the boxes as in the 2000s
  4. once you have collected the money you abandon the game, the users (who has spent time and effort to learn the game), and migrate all the staff to other projects
  5. start again
  6. I won’t buy anything with this brand

Yea, at this point i would rather play the real cod then the fake clone one.

I mean, its already hitscanwatch

I mean 95% of metas are Tankwatch where the difference in games comes down largely to having the stronger Tanks. Considering that it seems like Blizzard does not have good Tank players to test OW2 this will likely still be true (which is nice for me).

If OW2 try to copy CoD, it will be just crushed by CoD.
Anyway it’s just a new scapegoat/reason to hate on OW2 for free.
And CoD does a paid full price update every years …

I bought OW1 pretty much because a game my friends and i used to play was permanently shutdown in 2018 and just sought a game that was sort of abit similair.

The balance team is exceptionally flawed. There have been heroes which have been fundamentally broken (that doesn’t mean OP) from the very start of the game, and they’ve utterly refused to acknowledge it.

• Tracer gets a buggertonne of free-value from her small hitbox and mobility.
  • Hanzo/Widow get value-spikes inconistently. (and gravdragon is too powerful for it’s ease)
  • Junkrat allows too much value from un-aimed spam.
  • Bastion just, generally, never worked.
  • Doomfist is an affront to game design.
  • Pharah gets way too much value-mitigation with a Mercy.
  • McCree get mad value-spikes.
  • Genji gets too much free value with Nano.
  • Hog is too mobile while using his Huff.
  • Wreckingball and others have too much free-value from just stalling.

This is a game 5/6 years into its life and half of the DPS roster has glaring issues.

There’s so many things that need fixing because of the way they’re trying to force the game to work;

1. If they want heroes like Hammond, Mei, etc. to exist, then they need to change how point progress works to account for number of players on-point. Require a majority for progress, not just ‘oh, there’s one person on there, no progress for you’.
  2. If they really want to keep this amount of burst-damage, then they need to add a bleed-mechanic. Any damage that deals more than 100 (arbitrary number, we can discuss) should be put onto a bleed over half a second. For example; a McNamechange headshot would deal 100 direct damage, and apply a 40/.5sec dot. This’ll actually give supports some ability to help squishy heroes (as well as add an easy way to give ‘protect’ medals for better feedback.
  3. Improve the bloody aim-mechanics. Deaths matter in this game, you need to demonstrate mechanical skill better than games like CoD do. You don’t have the amount of trials as them. As some granularity.

Ok but like… you don’t have to pay anything to play the game so why are you all acting as if you’ve just been scammed?

3 Likes

Most vocal ones does not mean Majority ones.

Yeah… Some even said OW is like battlefield. wtf…

2 Likes
1 Like

I bought Overwatch because of the trailer where they showcased bunch of heroes with varying playstyles. But of course, what appealed to me the most were the DPS heroes which I didn’t realise at the time (since I didn’t know there were “roles”). When I got into Overwatch, I initially started with D.va because she was the easiest to use, after that I moved onto Zarya.

Eventually, I got bored of tanks because of how slow and clunky they felt and I moved onto using Tracer and fell in love with her playstyle which reminded me of good ol’ arena shooter.

After realising the issue with DPS queue times, I switched to trying support even though I really enjoyed using Tracer. I had fun with mercy for a bit but quickly got bored of using her. I then moved onto ana who fancied the most out of all supports in terms of playstyle. I still find ana fun to play even to this day.

Also, I never really got into other DPS heroes like reaper, doomfist, hanzo, junkrat etc. Even though I find tanks boring as a role, I’d still rather play Zarya than those types of boring DPS heroes.

2 Likes

i personally trust them enough to make the game fun. it won’t play like ow1 cus it’s not ow1, but it’ll still have a lot of the same elements so i think it’ll be fine and it’s a bit hard to say cus no one has played it that much yet so the ‘‘correct way to play’’ hasn’t been set yet

Exactly. You’ll just have some begrudging DPS players flexing onto those roles, but lose a lot of the people who genuinely liked those roles.

To be fair, it was one comment. It was a really tone deaf comment though.

And while I don’t know a percentage, a whole heck of a lot of Overwatch players picked up this game because it was different, like you said. It’s the first FPS game I’ve played in years. When I do play FPS games, which is rare, I usually play single player. The last competitive FPS I played before this was Team Fortress. Not TF2, but the Quake add-on. If this was just another COD, I wouldn’t have bought it.

3 Likes

woke up this morning to two of topics yesterday to be the two top topics…

Hope Devs take notice why.

1 Like