Show Off Your Playstyle with the New Player Progression System

Show Off Your Playstyle with the New Player Progression System

Show off your best stats for heroes and other achievements with the new Player Progression feature in Overwatch 2

View Full Article

8 Likes

Iā€™m really loving these cool player progression updates!

In a previous update you talked about improving accessibility of the game - I think the best way to do this is to bring the game to various cloud gaming services so Iā€™m really happy to see that Ubisoft is going to get the cloud gaming rights!

Something cool that Paladins does to reward players who play a lot of a specific champion is that they can get golden and starry skins for those specific heroes - I wonder if OW2 could do something similar as part of the progression system?!

Thank you for all your hard work developers!

:heart:

7 Likes

Itā€™s all very confusing and the ui is an eyesore

48 Likes

Why donā€™t my already given hours in the game go toward these new things?

Do I really have to play 600 more hours of Mercy? :\

The idea is cool and all but it makes it clunky and super unfortunate that it doesnā€™t consider my already existing progress, playtime and stats in heroes.

55 Likes

im not a fan of the post-game screen. sorry. It is annoying. I have to spam the escape key to try and get out of it. or I just close the game down and reboot the game. it is much faster.

15 Likes

Nice more annoying stuff after a match.
WHERE IS THE OPTION TO TURN IT OFF

25 Likes

This really should have been introduced sooner, probably with launch of 2. At this point, Iā€™m not very interested in the system. Iā€™ve got hundreds of hours on Lucio. I donā€™t need a system telling me all that prior play was for naught and Iā€™m now a ā€œRecruit DJā€.

An option to skip the progression screen would be nice too. A pop up update showing milestone hits would be personally preferred.

28 Likes

The new UI + progression summary is something I really like about this patch.

Too bad itā€™s broken/buggedā€¦a lot of my progress doesnā€™t update!

Issues Iā€™ve had:

• Some games disposable - people are chasing some progression gate, instead of playing normally. Some of the ā€˜progressionā€™ encourages suboptimal gameplay (e.g. taking dmg aka making mistakes?) Why is that the only way to progress?
  • It encourages 3-4 tricking (which I think is reasonable for new players).

I agree. But players with those kinds of hours donā€™t have many incentives. Suppose this UI tries to freshen things up and make their grind feel anew.

3 Likes

Way too late to be adding these things to the game that should have been in game day one (or continued from Overwatch 1).

7 Likes

can we have alternative version of the namecards with the icons or silhouettes of the original skins?

One of the biggest gripes of OW2 for me (besides matchmaking) are the new OW2 default skins. They may be better from a technical point of view, but personally I find them mostly a clear visual/stylistic downgrade which in itself has not really defended itself (they even endanger the integrity of the lore and to a certain extent also the Overwatch brand as it leads to unnecessary confusion (e.g.: the new OW2 Funcopop from Sigma uses its original skin.The Gentle Mosters Colab is also an example, the glasses/headset are clearly based on D.Vaā€™s Overwatch 1 skin)) (Those skins are also a reason against the PvE for me) Back to my original point.
Since Iā€™m absolutely not a fan of the new standard skins, which unfortunately also affects my main, I wonā€™t use these namecards, even if Iā€™m max level and would actually like to use them.

Hence the request to introduce an alternative version that shows the head silhouette of the original Overwatch 1 skin.
This difference between the skins would be particularly clear on my main widow.

5 Likes

It will also count toward the three weekly reward challenge tiers that grant Overwatch Coins to spend for premium Overwatch 2 cosmetics in the in-game shop.

Is this some kind of joke? Like yes, it does count towards those missions, but you left out the fact that the amount of missions required for the rewards has also been upped.
How generous of youā€¦

10 Likes

Time to play 800 more hours of Dva added to my 2000 I already have lol

Give me that gold background

3 Likes

Honestly Iā€™m kinda in the same boat. I wish previous stats would be accounted for though, but I guess we just keep going

2 Likes

So my 1.5k Tank hours (a role I no longer play) are in the ether somewhere? A masterclass on how to make account leveling more complicated, less fun, and meaningless for old accounts all at the same time.

8 Likes

No getting off the Dva train for me.

Hopefully it wonā€™t take forever to do

3 Likes

Keep on the grind, soldier. Iā€™ll do the same.

The world must know we are addicts to our favorite heroes

3 Likes

I particularly donā€™t care about this ā€œprogression systemā€, but the UI implementation is atrocious. Give us an option to skip that screen quickly and easily.

8 Likes

If the system doesnā€™t include historic data including thousands of hours from OW1, it essentially just proves that they only care about current players theyā€™ve trapped in the grind and are giving you another thing to grind.

7 Likes

I laughed when I read that part. Btw guys it counts towards the weeklies, so we increased the requirement by 1!

4 Likes

As someone who despise OW2 version of default Mercy, i agree entirely.

4 Likes